[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

18 hours ago, Agathorn said:

If all your parts are non-rp0 then it sounds like you installed incorrectly.  Make sure you download from the releases page NOT the repo itself.

Look in your GameData/RP0 folder.  Is there a tree.cfg file? 

there is no tree.cfg

19 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

• Allow easy ingame hiding of Non-RP-0 parts, just create a folder in GameData called NoNonRP0 and then delete GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache then start the game

now i have no parts at all apart from fairings

Does anyone know whats going on with Bob Cat's Soviet engine pack? I need it in my 1.1 instaAll because not having it would brake my rockets. It's not showing up on CKAN at all not even for 1.0.5 and the Forum thread is completely outdated. Is it updated yet? And it there's no way to get it is there a mod that can give me similar parts? Thank you

Edited by Warp11

14 hours ago, species said:

You can always add more mods, like Near future propulsion and other stuff. Note that this mods is called "realistic progression" and there is next to no progression in real life space technology since 1970 so.....

Thank you for the clarification. I played lots of vanilla KSP and I was confused by the nodes which unlocked nothing, thinking it was a bug. I am still quite early in the career using sounding rockets but no issues found so far.

Is someone updating SSTU for RP-0? I've 'fixed' the plumes, but no clue how to make them work in RP-0.

And that mod got some beautiful RD-107(8)s! I think there is no other mod that contains them atm. :(

Edited by Temeter

8 hours ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

I'm getting a lot of wobbling when the physics is first applied on the launch pad, is there a mod that stops this? I need my rockets flying straight up. For now.

Are you using launch clamps? I found using two symmetrically seems to counter the lateral kick they tend to give my unguided rockets.

Here is a Gloster Meteor made with the Derwent V engines. I swapped them out for the XLR engines to see if I could break the sound barrier with this beast but no such luck.

Edited by Three_Pounds

Hey, I've just had my AJ10 (medium) fail and shutdown. After that, I couldn't restart the engine, it told me 'no ignitions remaining' and got the red image in the staging list.

A bit weird since the engine got basically infinite restarts and worked again after reloading.

1 minute ago, Temeter said:

Hey, I've just had my AJ10 (medium) fail and shutdown. After that, I couldn't restart the engine, it told me 'no ignitions remaining' and got the red image in the staging list.

A bit weird since the engine got basically infinite restarts and worked again after reloading.

maybe the shutdown killed all your ignitions?  I mean if your engine shutdown, maybe it was bad enough that it's unable to restart?

5 minutes ago, rsparkyc said:

maybe the shutdown killed all your ignitions?  I mean if your engine shutdown, maybe it was bad enough that it's unable to restart?

The medium AJ10 has infinite ignitions. Looking closer, it does now say Ignitions:0 after reloading.

Might be intended behaviour if the engine is supposed to be unable to operate, but it's weird, you could just restart the engine in earlier versions. I mean it says engine shutdown, not engine incapacitated/damaged or anything. The only warning I get is missing ignitions.

Edited by Temeter

I think I may have installed incorrectly, I'm not getting any of the contracts I usually get in RP+0 (X-planes, pass the 100km mark etc) Any clue what could cause this?

8 minutes ago, coco146 said:

I think I may have installed incorrectly, I'm not getting any of the contracts I usually get in RP+0 (X-planes, pass the 100km mark etc) Any clue what could cause this?

Check if Contract Configurator is set up properly.

1 hour ago, Phineas Freak said:

TestFlight will zero out the ignition count if the engine in hand suffers a major malfunction. This is a normal behaviour even for engines with unlimited ignitions.

I see. Can't remember if the log said something about a major malfunction, gotta check closer next time...

14 hours ago, Enroy said:

@Three_Pounds how did you manage to lift off airplanes? The basic landing gear (LY-01, LY-10, LY-05) seems to either wobble or drift a lot to the point I lose control before I even take off from the runway. This with airplanes that otherwise work fine. Any suggestions?

I think it's the runways at T1 & T2 that cause it - I'm having the same issues (plus sometimes I couldn't even leave the runway to start from the grass 'cause I got stuck on the borders) - and guessing from his screeners he's got the T3 runway. So those issues should be fixed with latest RP-0 release but I hadn't had the time to verify.

Anyone know how to fix this CKAN error:
"KerbalRenamer wishes to install GameData/KerbalRenamer/icons/Russian.png, but this file is registered to KerbalRenamer"

There's no visible trace left of KerbalRenamer in my GameData folder, also tried clearing CKAN's cache...

Happened to me during the install of latest RP-0 release (and is still happening) so I'm asking it here.

Hey, I'm having a issue where I can't launch any of my craft, they float upward for a few seconds before spinning wildly and exploding. I'm pretty sure the issue is modular flight integrator because upon loading the game I get a compatibility warning saying that MFI is using ksp 1.1. and also someone complained about the exact same bug on the MFI forrum. But i have no idea what to do about it. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 hour ago, CommanderShepherd said:

Hey, I'm having a issue where I can't launch any of my craft, they float upward for a few seconds before spinning wildly and exploding. I'm pretty sure the issue is modular flight integrator because upon loading the game I get a compatibility warning saying that MFI is using ksp 1.1. and also someone complained about the exact same bug on the MFI forrum. But i have no idea what to do about it. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm not sure if it's what causes the issue, but are you using rescaled control surfaces (using TweakScale)? There is a known bug when rescaling control surfaces (and wings?) and having FAR installed at the same time. It has happened to me as well. Just use B9 Procedural Wings for custom wings and control surfaces, at least until the bug is solved.

7 minutes ago, Fenisse said:

I'm not sure if it's what causes the issue, but are you using rescaled control surfaces (using TweakScale)? There is a known bug when rescaling control surfaces (and wings?) and having FAR installed at the same time. It has happened to me as well. Just use B9 Procedural Wings for custom wings and control surfaces, at least until the bug is solved.

I am using tweak scale, which I really don't want to give up. But ill try it without tweakscale and see if it works.

7 minutes ago, Andretti said:

Is there any way to hide the non-RP0 parts in career mode? I have to filter through so many parts in R&D.

Had the same question. The following works:

On 10-5-2016 at 8:22 PM, g00bd0g said:

Allow easy ingame hiding of Non-RP-0 parts, just create a folder in GameData called NoNonRP0 and then delete GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache then start the game

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast

6 hours ago, CommanderShepherd said:

For me, it was tweakscale. I had made a sounding rocket and added 3 basic fins that I had scaled down to 50%. I had the exact same behavior you described. After few hours of hunting the faulty mod, I retried without scaling the fins; no issues. I just uninstalled tweakscale and now I use B9 wings.

@CommanderShepherd RP-0 recommends B9 Proc Wings (CrzyRndm's fork - and @Crzyrndm you really should make a new thread for it). That should solve all your wing needs. RP-0 is balanced around the stats of those pwings rather than stock wings, and I've considered entirely hiding any wings except the proc wings.

@Three_Pounds you might want to emulate the long chord nacelles on the later Meteors--use the 0.625m intake and some proc tanks for a nice smooth nacelle.

I've been doing a bit with planes tonight, came up with two variants:

VmLmmEtl.png

Which is part He 280, part Meteor, and just a bit of Me 262 (slight wing sweep) and (in the vstab) Bf 109. Yes, the top of the vstab actuates. :)

Now, here's the "upgrade" variant. Same engines, similar dry mass, but only 16% the Mach 1 wave drag area.

xUupkYul.png

Now it looks like a Hawker P.1057 (or for something more well-known, a swept-wing F2H or a higher aspect ratio Cougar). Can just barely supercruise (M=1.07 at 14km).