[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

57 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

and @Crzyrndm you really should make a new thread for it

uh, yea I guess I should add that to the list >.> (I was intending to do it after merging the two pwings plugins, but that being on the back burner currently...)

Edited by Crzyrndm

3 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@Three_Pounds you might want to emulate the long chord nacelles on the later Meteors--use the 0.625m intake and some proc tanks for a nice smooth nacelle.

I was using proc tanks but I wasn't aware there is a nice "smooth cone" option. Makes stuff so much easier to shape!

I noticed that the real chutes pricing seems too high for PR-0 style costs. Should I poke @stupid_chris about that?

EDIT: talking about the area cost, actual part cost seem fine.

Edited by Three_Pounds

1 hour ago, Three_Pounds said:

I was using proc tanks but I wasn't aware there is a nice "smooth cone" option. Makes stuff so much easier to shape!

I noticed that the real chutes pricing seems too high for PR-0 style costs. Should I poke @stupid_chris about that?

EDIT: talking about the area cost, actual part cost seem fine.

I'm fairly sure I pulled area cost from similar IRL prices.

Just now, stupid_chris said:

I'm fairly sure I pulled area cost from similar IRL prices.

My X-1 Aircraft costs around 800 founds without parachutes and 1300 with them. Just seemed a little off to me. :)

2 hours ago, jdub3350 said:

Is there a way to use this mod without Realism Overhaul?  I play using RSS and alot of the "real" part packs, but once RO gets added the game feels near impossible to me.  

Care to elaborate on what makes it seem impossible?  Honestly RO is the only way I can enjoy this game now.

3 hours ago, rsparkyc said:

Care to elaborate on what makes it seem impossible?  Honestly RO is the only way I can enjoy this game now.

Hmmmm, hard to expain that one.  I guess its just a bit too in depth for me at this point.  In 2 years I've gone from playing stock, to stock with all kinds of parts mods, to stock+parts+TAC, to stock+parts+TAC+RT+RSS...so maybe I'm just working my way up?  I guess I like to increase the complexity more incrementally.

EDIT- I'm gonna try a separate install with just RO and just the CKAN suggested accompaniments.   I usually get too overwhelmed and give up, but we'll see what happens.  That being said, I think an option to use RP-0 without RO would be a cool idea if it were to ever come about. 

Edited by jdub3350

I'm working on upgrading to 1.1.2 (from 1.0.5) so I'm doing the long process of locating and downloading updates for all the mods that I use.  So far I've not had any troubles with the exception of "Bobcat's Soviet Engines".  RO lists this parts pack as a Suggested mod, and RP-0 says it's a Supported mod.  But I can't seem to find an updated download for the mod.  When I follow the link provided on the RO page, neither of the links I'm led to work.  And after sifting through several pages I couldn't find an updated link.  I have a couple craft files that make use of the engines from this pack (specifically the RD-180 for the Atlas V) so I'd really like to keep it, though I suppose I could redo the craft file with another version of this engine.  Can anyone direct me to a valid download link for Bobcat's Soviet Engines, or to another mod that has the RD-180?

3 hours ago, jdub3350 said:

Hmmmm, hard to expain that one.  I guess its just a bit too in depth for me at this point.  In 2 years I've gone from playing stock, to stock with all kinds of parts mods, to stock+parts+TAC, to stock+parts+TAC+RT+RSS...so maybe I'm just working my way up?  I guess I like to increase the complexity more incrementally.

EDIT- I'm gonna try a separate install with just RO and just the CKAN suggested accompaniments.   I usually get too overwhelmed and give up, but we'll see what happens.  That being said, I think an option to use RP-0 without RO would be a cool idea if it were to ever come about. 

So I've found RO to be almost impossible for me to play as well, if it were not for RP-0.  I find that it does a good job of easing me into things.  I guess now wouldn't be the worst time to show that I'm actually working on a video series doing just that, as mentioned in this thread: 

1 hour ago, chrisl said:

I'm working on upgrading to 1.1.2 (from 1.0.5) so I'm doing the long process of locating and downloading updates for all the mods that I use.  So far I've not had any troubles with the exception of "Bobcat's Soviet Engines".  RO lists this parts pack as a Suggested mod, and RP-0 says it's a Supported mod.  But I can't seem to find an updated download for the mod.  When I follow the link provided on the RO page, neither of the links I'm led to work.  And after sifting through several pages I couldn't find an updated link.  I have a couple craft files that make use of the engines from this pack (specifically the RD-180 for the Atlas V) so I'd really like to keep it, though I suppose I could redo the craft file with another version of this engine.  Can anyone direct me to a valid download link for Bobcat's Soviet Engines, or to another mod that has the RD-180?

Isn't Bobcat's stuff pretty much dead? The only Soviet rocket mod I know of for 1.1.2 is this one.

I'm sure someone will correct me if there's another up-to-date one. :) 

1 hour ago, chrisl said:

Bobcats old soviet engines pack is supposed to work still. I have it installed and the game loads fine with it, though I have not put any of those engines on a craft of mine yet. I am not that far in the techtree yet.

You can still download hist stuff from mediafire. The community is not allowed to post links for that provider anymore due to adult ads on their site or so. But Bobcats stuff is still there. See the incomplete URLs in his thread and just add mediafire . com at the beginning after www. and the links should work.

Edited by TrooperCooper

2 minutes ago, TrooperCooper said:

Bobcats old soviet engines pack is supposed to work still. I have it installed and the game loads fine with it, though I have not put any of those engines on a craft of mine yet. I am not that far in the techtree yet.

You can still download hist stuff from mediafire. The community is not allowed to post links for that provider anymore due to adult ads on their site or so. But Bobcats stuff is still there. See the incomplete URLs in his thread and just add This website cannot be used on these forums at the beginning after www. and the links should work.

Thank you.  Was able to download them.  Though if nothing has been changed in them, I may just try to use the configs I have in my 1.0.5 install.

3 minutes ago, chrisl said:

Thank you.  Was able to download them.  Though if nothing has been changed in them, I may just try to use the configs I have in my 1.0.5 install.

Yeah, nothing in the soviet engine packs file seems to be newer than february 2015.

17 minutes ago, TrooperCooper said:

Yeah, nothing in the soviet engine packs file seems to be newer than february 2015.

That's why I thought it was dead. I guess I should grab it too. :D 

@Three_Pounds huh, I thought we patched all chute costs. I'll take a look. @stupid_chris our system is 1 fund = 1000$USD in 1965 dollars--what conversion did you use for your prices?

@jdub3350 No. RP-0 is very, very closely integrated with RO, in effect it's an optional submodule of RO. As others have said, however, RP-0 eases the learning curve.

@SpaceEnthusiast Place a procedural chute. Action groups->click on the chute. Edit.

19 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@jdub3350 No. RP-0 is very, very closely integrated with RO, in effect it's an optional submodule of RO. As others have said, however, RP-0 eases the learning curve.

Got it, thanks.  Didn't know how closely integrated it was.  Guess I'll delve into hard mode, haha. 

5 minutes ago, jdub3350 said:

Got it, thanks.  Didn't know how closely integrated it was.  Guess I'll delve into hard mode, haha. 

Once you get into it you'll never want to go back.  Biggest challenge is just unlearning some of the bad habits you pick up in stock KSP.  Like launching rockets with 10x as much fuel as you actually need.  :)

51 minutes ago, chrisl said:

Once you get into it you'll never want to go back.  Biggest challenge is just unlearning some of the bad habits you pick up in stock KSP.  Like launching rockets with 10x as much fuel as you actually need.  :)

You mean overengineering for large margin of error?  Haha. 

Could it be that support for universal storage was dropped or is currently broken? I have it installed, but parts are not showing up. I have the non-rp0 parts hidden with the Gamedata/NonNoRP0 trick.