[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

Me too, but theres a launch window every 585 or so days (so the internet tells me), and 2800 days left on the contract. Well, I blame it on someone's screwup in R&D for now.

"When testing the antenna's extension mechanisms, the engineers realized their highly praised bungee cords, meant to decelerate the antenna boom after explosive deployment, turned out to quite literally be a blowback for the whole program. So they're back to the drawing board for now. Next, they hope to introduce some cutting edge technology which could help to sever the (admittedly fabolous) bungee cords, just as the antenna reaches full deployment.

Officials emphasize, that this crucial phase of experimentation will ultimately serve all liveforms of our planet by providing ever new and never thought of technoligy to the people."

I have figured out the issue with the antenna and ST3 thanks to your help. It's an issue with dupe parts from when Asteroid Day was stockified. I will get a fix out soon.

@Nobody6 Filter Extensions may be the culprit, try without it.

@vgamble awesome! Do come by our IRC channel ( #RO on espernet, link in the Realism Overhaul OP for a web client) and we'll get you going. Thanks!

@kugutsu I thought that we'd fixed it based on @nightingale's advice. It's still not working?

Cool thanks.  Anything simple I can edit/delete on my end (moving files and editing part.cfgs is the extent of my modding ability) until the fix is out?  Delete asteroid day?

Edited by Herrkurt

1 hour ago, NathanKell said:

awesome! Do come by our IRC channel ( #RO on espernet, link in the Realism Overhaul OP for a web client) and we'll get you going. Thanks!

I dont think irc for me is good idea, because my english not so good and it takes eternity for me to write something. The only question i have is about parts costs. I understand that you guys want to keep real prices in rp-0 but there is not much info in google about that. I realized that to add parts in rp0 its easy, the most difficult is to find the real prices. This is the reason why we have so many non-rp0 parts even with fully RO mods? How should do in cases when cost of part is not available in internet but you really want that part? 

Edited by vgamble

The station contract is not working for me at any rate. I ran into exactly the same problem with my RSS/RO/RP-0 campaign on 1.0.5, but this is an entirely new, clean install, with exactly the same symptoms as before.  

All the objectives tick off fine until it comes to the moment of bringing the crew home, when the game seems to think they are still up there. Taking the same crew back up to try again doesnt seem to help either :P

Its a bit of a pity, as it breaks the immersion of an otherwise fantastic suite of mods!

Edited by kugutsu
Typo fix

I have noticed that duplication bug with the st3 solar panel and high gain antenna as well.  A temporary work around that i found, disable view unpurchased parts in filter extension. The parts you have unlocked  should pop up in the vab that way.

@vgamble ok, fair enough. Although we do try to be a patient sort, and your English on this thread has been quite excellent. :) Regarding costs, it just takes a lot of research alas. Some guesswork, yes, but most stuff has at least a bit of data. Even if you can't find something for that exact part, a comparable item might serve as a reference point.

@kugutsu as I said, I did change it per nightingale's advice, and he tested and reported it worked for him. So I really don't know. :(

In the meantime I figured a couple things out.

12 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Filter Extensions may be the culprit, try without it.

Unfortunately, Filter Extensions seem not to be installed at all. And I don't know which problem you're referring to.

Turns out, that on my first 1.1.2 install, I still had FASA. And someone in their thread knew what to do: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/22888-105-fasa-544/&do=findComment&comment=2600291

On the subsequent installs, my computer was running on faulty RAM, causing all sorts of problems. Sorry if you tried to reproduce those.

Now that everything seems to be working, I'm starting to miss certain mods:

• Science Alert
  • Simple Orbit Calculator
  • Persistent Rotation
  • RCS Build Aid

4 hours ago, Nobody6 said:
  • Science Alert

I use '[x] science'. Tells you all about your science - unresearched, already researched, as well as currently available experiments.

Simply bind all your experiments to an action group to run them all at once.

Lately I've been having an issue involving science transmissions. I've looked around, and can't seem to find anyone else having a similar problem, nor can I figure out exactly what mod is at fault. Most of the mods I have installed are from the RO or RP0 required/recommended/suggested lists, so this seemed the most logical place to post.

Here's how it's supposed to go:

1. Do a science experiment.
  2. Click the blue "transmit data" button.
  3. The upper left should say this:
  4. [Antenna Name]: Starting Transmission...
  5. [Antenna Name]: Uploading Data... (An increasing number)%
  6. [Research & Development]: X data received on (experiment).
  7. [Antenna Name]: Done!
  8. You gain science points.

In most cases, that's exactly what happens; no problem. However, occasionally, steps 6 and 8 don't happen. Despite having broadcasting the data over an active and uninterrupted RemoteTech connection, I get no science. In fact, the game acts like I never broadcast it in the first place. When I do the experiment again, the science points are still available.

Usually, the fix is just to do the experiment and broadcast again. It usually works the second time around...with one exception.

ScanSat data never goes through. No matter how many times I broadcast the results of a complete map, it never works. Ultimately, I had to just put a ScanSat part on the launch pad, "do the science", and recover the vessel to get the science. But that only works for maps of Earth.

If I had to guess, it has something to do with some background process occurring during transmission that messes it up. ScanSat data is distinct from all other data (so far) in that it has a huge data size (200 Mits for low-res altimetry, 800 Mits for high-res altimetry, compared to at most 40 Mits for an EVA report). As a result, it spends a long time broadcasting, making the background process much more likely to mess it up.

EDIT: As a temporary fix, does anyone know how to make a ModuleManager patch that simply multiplies all transmitters' data rates by, say, 100? I know it's neither the best nor most realistic fix, but it is the simplest, and it'd be enough for me until a proper fix.

Here's my list of mods, as reported by AVC:

Spoiler

KSP: 1.1.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
MagiCore - 1.1.1
Filter Extensions - 2.6
Toolbar - 1.7.12
USI Tools - 0.7.2.1
Advanced Jet Engine - 2.7.1
B9 Part Switch - 1.2
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.7
Community Resource Pack - 0.5.2
Connected Living Space - 1.2.1.2
Contract Configurator - 1.11.5
Contract Reward Modifier - 1.0.2.3
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.8
Deadly Reentry - 7.4.4
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.2
Contract Parser - 1.0.3
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.6.3
Progress Parser - 1.0.4
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.6.5
Firespitter - 7.2.4
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.0.7
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.7
Kerbal Construction Time - 1.3.3.7
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.7
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.10
kOS - 0.20.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
KWRocketryRedux - 3.0.10
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.4
NearFutureElectrical - 0.7.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.7.2
NearFutureSolar - 0.6.1
Procedural Parts - 1.2.3
RCS Build Aid - 0.7.7
RealChute - 1.4.1.1
RealismOverhaul - 11.0.1
RealSolarSystem - 11.2
RemoteTech - 1.7
RSSDateTime - 1.0.3
Saturatable RW - 1.11
SCANsat - 1.1.6.1
ShipManifest - 5.1
Sigma Binary - 1.5.2
SolverEngines - 2.1
TextureReplacer - 2.4.13
TAC Life Support - 0.12.1
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.6.3
TweakScale - 2.2.12
USI Core - 0.2.3
Kolonization Core - 0.2.3.1
UKS - 0.40.3
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.2
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.8.20
[x] Science! - 4.18

Edited by Manabender
Places modlist in spoiler box, also added EDIT:

Setting fr_kourou as the launch site has the start of the runway where planes are placed too low - they are inside the ground. I've lifted it to

repositionRadiusOffset = 182

and it is placing them on the surface now. My X1 attempt still spins in circles but I'm assuming that's a wheel bug of some sort.

It says in the OP that AEIS and FASA are supported, but they hang for me when im loading them. It seem like they are trying to load files that dont exist, because AEIS hangs on AEIS_Aerospace/Engine/AEISVR1vulcan/part/VR1vucan, but there isn't a folder called "part" in the AEISVR1vulcan folder. I removed it, but it did the same thing for FASA when I did. I've tried redownloading and reinstalling, but the same thing happens. Any ideas?

Mac OSX, KSP 1.1.2, All of the RO required and recommended mods, all of RP-0 required mods, and the newest ModuleManager. 

Thanks,

KJS

27 minutes ago, kimjongspoon said:

It says in the OP that AEIS and FASA are supported, but they hang for me when im loading them. It seem like they are trying to load files that dont exist, because AEIS hangs on AEIS_Aerospace/Engine/AEISVR1vulcan/part/VR1vucan, but there isn't a folder called "part" in the AEISVR1vulcan folder. I removed it, but it did the same thing for FASA when I did. I've tried redownloading and reinstalling, but the same thing happens. Any ideas?

Mac OSX, KSP 1.1.2, All of the RO required and recommended mods, all of RP-0 required mods, and the newest ModuleManager. 

Thanks,

KJS

Post your logs so we can see what's happening when it hangs. 

Also: AEIS_Aerospace/Engine/AEISVR1vulcan/part/VR1vucan

is referring to a part named VR1vucan (sp?) configured in a file named part.cfg in the path AEIS_Aerospace/Engine/AEISVR1vulcan/

so it's not a mistake. /part/ doesn't literally refer to a folder named part. That was the file part.cfg. 

39 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Post your logs so we can see what's happening when it hangs. 

Also: AEIS_Aerospace/Engine/AEISVR1vulcan/part/VR1vucan

is referring to a part named VR1vucan (sp?) configured in a file named part.cfg in the path AEIS_Aerospace/Engine/AEISVR1vulcan/

so it's not a mistake. /part/ doesn't literally refer to a folder named part. That was the file part.cfg. 

Here's the log.

Spoiler

[LOG 13:38:27.727] PartLoader: Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESradr/part/radr' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:38:27.732] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'radr'
[LOG 13:38:27.775] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelsfa/part/solarPanelsfa'
[LOG 13:38:27.791] PartLoader: Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelsfa/part/solarPanelsfa' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:38:27.796] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'solarPanelsfa'
[LOG 13:38:27.897] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelson1/part/solarPanelsond1'
[LOG 13:38:27.912] PartLoader: Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelson1/part/solarPanelsond1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:38:27.918] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'solarPanelsond1'
[LOG 13:38:28.020] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelsuncat1/part/solarPanelsuncat1'
[LOG 13:38:28.035] PartLoader: Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelsuncat1/part/solarPanelsuncat1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:38:28.076] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'solarPanelsuncat1'
[LOG 13:38:28.175] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelsuncat2/part/solarPanelsfa2'
[LOG 13:38:28.190] PartLoader: Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelsuncat2/part/solarPanelsfa2' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:38:28.196] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'solarPanelsfa2'
[LOG 13:38:28.281] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarpanelES1/part/solarpaneles1'
[LOG 13:38:28.295] PartLoader: Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarpanelES1/part/solarpaneles1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:38:28.303] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'solarpaneles1'
[LOG 13:38:28.337] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Engine/AIESVR1vulcan/part/VR1vulcan'
[ERR 13:38:28.340] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[LOG 13:38:28.451] LiquidFuel not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.
[EXC 13:38:28.451] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant ()
    ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
    PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
    Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
    PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
    PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator4A.MoveNext ()
[EXC 13:38:28.457] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleEngines.SetupFXGroups ()
    ModuleEngines.InitializeFX ()
    ModuleEngines.OnStart (StartState state)
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
    Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext ()
[LOG 13:40:38.553] [Toolbar] [INFO] saving settings (game scene: MAINMENU)
[LOG 13:40:38.554] [Toolbar] [INFO] saving toolbar settings (toolbar 'toolbar_780334526')
[LOG 13:40:38.563] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy
[LOG 13:40:38.563] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy
[LOG 13:40:38.564] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy
[LOG 13:40:38.564] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy
[LOG 13:40:38.604] RemoteTech: ModuleSPU: OnDestroy
[LOG 13:40:38.604] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntennaPassive: OnDestroy

@Manabender I have the exact same problem.

2 hours ago, Ratzap said:

Setting fr_kourou as the launch site has the start of the runway where planes are placed too low - they are inside the ground. I've lifted it to

repositionRadiusOffset = 182

and it is placing them on the surface now. My X1 attempt still spins in circles but I'm assuming that's a wheel bug of some sort.

Are you sure your terrain details is turned all the way up?

When I purchase an R&D the entry using science points (but don't buy all the parts) the parts that have not been purchased (using money) don't show up in the VAB any idea what's causing this? Having to keep going between the VAB and Research centre when trying to choose which new engine to buy is really frustrating.

3 hours ago, rsparkyc said:

@Manabender I have the exact same problem.

Are you sure your terrain details is turned all the way up?

Yes, it's the position which causes the runway start to clip inside terrain. I moved it a touch to the east and brought it back to 177 to get it away from the hillside. If I launch a plane now I can take off (wheel problem notwithstanding).

54 minutes ago, liveseaandsky said:

When I purchase an R&D the entry using science points (but don't buy all the parts) the parts that have not been purchased (using money) don't show up in the VAB any idea what's causing this? Having to keep going between the VAB and Research centre when trying to choose which new engine to buy is really frustrating.

That's a setting in Filter Extensions. In the main space centre view click the "black square" icon on the toolbar and unselect "Hide unpurchased parts"

22 hours ago, kimjongspoon said:

Here's the log.

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 13:38:27.727] PartLoader: Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESradr/part/radr' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:38:27.732] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'radr'
[LOG 13:38:27.775] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelsfa/part/solarPanelsfa'
[LOG 13:38:27.791] PartLoader: Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelsfa/part/solarPanelsfa' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:38:27.796] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'solarPanelsfa'
[LOG 13:38:27.897] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelson1/part/solarPanelsond1'
[LOG 13:38:27.912] PartLoader: Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelson1/part/solarPanelsond1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:38:27.918] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'solarPanelsond1'
[LOG 13:38:28.020] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelsuncat1/part/solarPanelsuncat1'
[LOG 13:38:28.035] PartLoader: Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelsuncat1/part/solarPanelsuncat1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:38:28.076] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'solarPanelsuncat1'
[LOG 13:38:28.175] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelsuncat2/part/solarPanelsfa2'
[LOG 13:38:28.190] PartLoader: Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarPanelsuncat2/part/solarPanelsfa2' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:38:28.196] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'solarPanelsfa2'
[LOG 13:38:28.281] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarpanelES1/part/solarpaneles1'
[LOG 13:38:28.295] PartLoader: Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Electrical/AIESsolarpanelES1/part/solarpaneles1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 13:38:28.303] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'solarpaneles1'
[LOG 13:38:28.337] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AIES_Aerospace/Engine/AIESVR1vulcan/part/VR1vulcan'
[ERR 13:38:28.340] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[LOG 13:38:28.451] LiquidFuel not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.
[EXC 13:38:28.451] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant ()
    ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
    PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
    Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
    PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
    PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator4A.MoveNext ()
[EXC 13:38:28.457] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleEngines.SetupFXGroups ()
    ModuleEngines.InitializeFX ()
    ModuleEngines.OnStart (StartState state)
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
    Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext ()
[LOG 13:40:38.553] [Toolbar] [INFO] saving settings (game scene: MAINMENU)
[LOG 13:40:38.554] [Toolbar] [INFO] saving toolbar settings (toolbar 'toolbar_780334526')
[LOG 13:40:38.563] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy
[LOG 13:40:38.563] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy
[LOG 13:40:38.564] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy
[LOG 13:40:38.564] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy
[LOG 13:40:38.604] RemoteTech: ModuleSPU: OnDestroy
[LOG 13:40:38.604] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntennaPassive: OnDestroy

K I see why it's hanging. The engine still has stock propellant elements configured. 

Without the full log file I can only speculate that Realism Overhaul isn't properly installed or another mod is also trying to configure the engine and it's conflicting. 

Edit: btw this probably should have been in the Realism Overhaul thread. I don't think RP0 even touches that engine. Could be wrong but I don't think so

Edited by Starwaster

Not sure it's high priority but I think it may be a good idea to make a few minor changes to the Taerobee mod parts (X-1 and V-2 A4 Bumper). They are both available at start, which makes sense as the V-2 ran from 1944-1952 and the X-1 ran around the same time. The problem lies with the V-2, to be more clear, the fact that it has engine gimbaling enabled at the start of the game (when one's first rocket is almost always a sounding rocket, usually with Aerobee's, a solid-kick motor, and spin-stabilization). Although the V-2 did have aerodynamic steering tabs on the fins, the part supplied through the Taerobee mod instead has engine gimbaling enabled. So while technically the V-2 was controllable to an extent, I feel that maybe gimbaling should be locked, and subsequently unlocked via a T1 tech node (if possible) to add a little more challenge.

It's just my two-cents. Maybe this makes it less realistic, but I feel the start is slightly cheaty with this mod installed.

In the meantime, I've edited the tree.cfg in RP-0 and changed tech required from start to engineering101 (until I can create my own tech tree node for something like Early Rockets or Advanced Sounding Rockets)

Edited by shoe7ess
Additional Info