[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

4 hours ago, panourgue said:

RD-0105 series (liquidEngine3) disappeared after updating @Ven's Stock Revamp to 1.9.3. Half of my rockets wont fly ;.; Is this a compatibility issue or did my install got broken?

Ven's Stock Revamp changed some things in the latest update. Solar panels also kind of got broken. I'd like to imagine it's a compatibility issue, because I can't see anyone releasing such a broken update.

In the mean time, I reverted back to 1.9.2. I suggest you do the same for now.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to make a module manager patch that multiplies all antenna's transmission rates by, say, 100? It'd be a temporary (if crude and unrealistic) fix to the issue I described a few days back.

11 hours ago, Manabender said:

Ven's Stock Revamp changed some things in the latest update. Solar panels also kind of got broken. I'd like to imagine it's a compatibility issue, because I can't see anyone releasing such a broken update.

In the mean time, I reverted back to 1.9.2. I suggest you do the same for now.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to make a module manager patch that multiplies all antenna's transmission rates by, say, 100? It'd be a temporary (if crude and unrealistic) fix to the issue I described a few days back.

I'd have to re-read your post to figure out what issue you are talking about, but you can do the following to increase signal throughput speed. First, check out a couple of examples of how to make an MM patch in this post:

Also check out the module manager handbook here for a collection of various functions and nomenclature MM uses, and here for further information.

If you want every antenna to multiply its' transmission rate by a certain integer, you can create an MM config with:

// Increased transmission speed for anything part capable of transmitting data

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
	{
		@packetInterval *= 0.01
	}
}

I have not tested this personally, but it should work. The code above should work for any and all parts that have the Data Transmitter module. Looking through the antennas in my gamedata folder I found that all things that transfer data use this module.

The setup is pretty straight forward, it finds any part with that module and multiplies the packet interval by .01 (i.e. dividing it by 100). This increases the throughput from anything that transfers data.  

If you only want this to only be able to transfer data faster when an antenna is installed, you can use the following:

// Does same as above excluding parts with Command Modules (i.e. probe cores and command pods)

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
	{
		@packetInterval *= 0.01
	}
}

I literally just spent about 2 and a half hours pouring through any module manager guides and examples that could help me figure out how to do this, so I really, really, hope it helps (I've only just started creating module manager patches within the last couple of weeks myself).

To make a module manager patch work, simply create a .txt file inside your gamedata subdirectory (I'd suggest throwing it in the Squad folder), and name it something easily recognizable like IncreasedAntennaSpeed_MM and change the .txt extension to .cfg (final product should read IncreasedAntennaSpeed_MM.cfg). Then simply copy and paste one of the two patches above into the file and save it ... just make sure you have module manager installed before doing so lol.

If you are using any mods that overhaul the transmission system (i.e. RemoteTech, Antenna Range, etc.), you  may want to change the end of the first line of either patch from :FINAL to :AFTER[RemoteTech]:FINAL or :AFTER[AntennaRange]:FINAL to ensure that other mods don't make any changes to your patch.

Lemme know if it works for you.

Edited by shoe7ess

Hmmm is it correct that the basic tech node "Recycling" with the standard TACLS converters has the pre-requisit of "Advanced Colonization" ? That would push those life support extensions waaaaay down the road... I remember that differently from my last RP-0 game, but I could be wrong. Or is my install messed up?

@shoe7ess  The V-2 used jet vanes in the exhaust to control the thrust vector. That is simulated ingame by using 4 thrust transforms, each with a very slight gimbal. Further, the V-2 did have attitude control generally, and therefore ingame has avionics to match. It is entirely in keeping with the technology of the time to have a large, controllable rocket. It's just very expensive (the avionics in particular) and very heavy / inefficient.

@TrooperCooper yes, we don't support recycling etc yet.

1 hour ago, NathanKell said:

yes, we don't support recycling etc yet.

Oh okay, I guess my Mars taxis will be slightly bigger than I thought then. :D

The converter parts from TACLS then need to be updated though. They dont say "non-RO" nor "non-RP-0".

5 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@shoe7ess  The V-2 used jet vanes in the exhaust to control the thrust vector. That is simulated ingame by using 4 thrust transforms, each with a very slight gimbal. Further, the V-2 did have attitude control generally, and therefore ingame has avionics to match. It is entirely in keeping with the technology of the time to have a large, controllable rocket. It's just very expensive (the avionics in particular) and very heavy / inefficient.

@TrooperCooper yes, we don't support recycling etc yet.

I exactly said that yes, the V-2 was available from when the starting technologies were available, which isn't what I'm arguing about. I just don't like the idea of being able to use the unclad V-2 engine (a pretty strong engine) with my sounding rockets from the career start.

Sure, for realism-sake you'd want all parts developed by 1949 available at start, which is why I thought adding another tech-node (directly above or below "start") that costs 1 science would be a way of keeping the V-2 available from 1949, but not immediately from the beginning. The X-1 can't be built from the start of my career, I need to spend 1 science to unlock the aviation parts in order to unlock it, but it was flown before 1949...

Edited by shoe7ess

Hi,

My client keeps crashing with a win x64 error every time i select the LR79 engine in the VAB, both the FASA version and the re textured version. All of the previous craft that use that engine now cause the game to hang indefinitely at the loading screen now.

due to the nature of the crashes KSP does not write a dump file...... any ideas????

RP0 installed with all dependencies with CKAN

So I'm curious if the RVE mod with clouds, city skins etc has been fixed for Rss yet?   Or the real launch towers?    And does engine lights work with rss because night launches are extremely dark...    I've tried the work around but I've got a weird graphics error only made worse with scatter.    When you get to sub orbit you get a very large weird band of blank graphic..     probably wrong place to ask but you guys are definitely the experts on this level of ksp game play

When I cut thrust with X, it takes a while for the bar to go to 0 (I'm not talking about thrust, just the throttle). Is this normal? It's making cutting thrust at the right moment rather difficult.

This is happening with every engine at the same speed.

Edited by kendoka15

13 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@kendoka15do you have MechJeb installed? IIRC it has a "Smooth Throttle" option that will force all engines to throttle up or down with a bit of a delay (applies also to the visual indicator).

...woops. That's exactly it, now I feel foolish :) Thanks!

Hi all,

I think that there are some difficulty issues with the satellite contracts (that, if i'm not wrong, are produced by the stock SatelliteContract modules) :

I've unlocked the "Early Orbital" and "Early Avionics" nodes in the tech tree and I just have completed the first_OrbitUncrewed satellite milestone contract. Just after this, lot of new contracts are offered, whose one is to place a satellite around the earth at an altitude of 7Mm that is (I believe) higher that I can reach with my current tech level.
But, I also have other contracts to place satellites in GEO while the first_GEOUncrewed milestone contracts has the first_MoonFlybyUncrewed as requirement, but also to orbit the Moon and even Mars.

So maybe the satellite contracts need to be rebalanced ?

Else I've a request : is the RSS Expanded mod planned to be integrated into RP-0?

@hargnthe satellite parameters cannot be not controlled 100% since they have to cover all possible eras (from 1951 to 2050+). You have to check each satellite contract before commiting to it. You can compare it to the "Sounding Rockets - High": some of the altitudes are impossible to reach without advanced liquid engines/solids but these are offered as soon as you reach space (1953 - 1954).

Some of the contracts are set up so to give the player a feel of progression without overwhelming him/her (and also follow the real life history). The rest are randomly generated, just like the stock game.

Yeah, I was reading this : https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/issues/177, and apparently, there is a lot to do in order to improve the RP-0 contract system.

But for the sat contracts, I believe that the whole contract packs should be rewritten to override the stock system and allow some progression, am I wrong?

I think it could be done by milestones on LEO -> MEO -> GEO, or on satellite mass : less than 100kg -> less than 1t -> more than 1t ?

i have noticed in new version the vangaurd 1 probe can no longer have analyze telemetry sedt to a hotkey... its still there but must be used manually. Also i have noticed that tank types unlock all at once with first construction node. I am unsure if its just me due to a bug or poor install or if its happening for everyone.

not trying to be a complainer, i'm hoping this info helps.

PS is it possible to have a .ckan file posted to the OP that includes the authors "as its intended to be used" setup...every install i do things tend to be minorly diffrent....thanks

On Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Manabender said:

Lately I've been having an issue involving science transmissions. I've looked around, and can't seem to find anyone else having a similar problem, nor can I figure out exactly what mod is at fault. Most of the mods I have installed are from the RO or RP0 required/recommended/suggested lists, so this seemed the most logical place to post.

Here's how it's supposed to go:

1. Do a science experiment.
  2. Click the blue "transmit data" button.
  3. The upper left should say this:
  4. [Antenna Name]: Starting Transmission...
  5. [Antenna Name]: Uploading Data... (An increasing number)%
  6. [Research & Development]: X data received on (experiment).
  7. [Antenna Name]: Done!
  8. You gain science points.

In most cases, that's exactly what happens; no problem. However, occasionally, steps 6 and 8 don't happen. Despite having broadcasting the data over an active and uninterrupted RemoteTech connection, I get no science. In fact, the game acts like I never broadcast it in the first place. When I do the experiment again, the science points are still available.

Usually, the fix is just to do the experiment and broadcast again. It usually works the second time around...with one exception.

ScanSat data never goes through. No matter how many times I broadcast the results of a complete map, it never works. Ultimately, I had to just put a ScanSat part on the launch pad, "do the science", and recover the vessel to get the science. But that only works for maps of Earth.

If I had to guess, it has something to do with some background process occurring during transmission that messes it up. ScanSat data is distinct from all other data (so far) in that it has a huge data size (200 Mits for low-res altimetry, 800 Mits for high-res altimetry, compared to at most 40 Mits for an EVA report). As a result, it spends a long time broadcasting, making the background process much more likely to mess it up.

EDIT: As a temporary fix, does anyone know how to make a ModuleManager patch that simply multiplies all transmitters' data rates by, say, 100? I know it's neither the best nor most realistic fix, but it is the simplest, and it'd be enough for me until a proper fix.

Here's my list of mods, as reported by AVC:

Reveal hidden contents

KSP: 1.1.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
MagiCore - 1.1.1
Filter Extensions - 2.6
Toolbar - 1.7.12
USI Tools - 0.7.2.1
Advanced Jet Engine - 2.7.1
B9 Part Switch - 1.2
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.7
Community Resource Pack - 0.5.2
Connected Living Space - 1.2.1.2
Contract Configurator - 1.11.5
Contract Reward Modifier - 1.0.2.3
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.8
Deadly Reentry - 7.4.4
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.2
Contract Parser - 1.0.3
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.6.3
Progress Parser - 1.0.4
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.6.5
Firespitter - 7.2.4
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.0.7
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.7
Kerbal Construction Time - 1.3.3.7
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.7
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.10
kOS - 0.20.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
KWRocketryRedux - 3.0.10
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.4
NearFutureElectrical - 0.7.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.7.2
NearFutureSolar - 0.6.1
Procedural Parts - 1.2.3
RCS Build Aid - 0.7.7
RealChute - 1.4.1.1
RealismOverhaul - 11.0.1
RealSolarSystem - 11.2
RemoteTech - 1.7
RSSDateTime - 1.0.3
Saturatable RW - 1.11
SCANsat - 1.1.6.1
ShipManifest - 5.1
Sigma Binary - 1.5.2
SolverEngines - 2.1
TextureReplacer - 2.4.13
TAC Life Support - 0.12.1
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.6.3
TweakScale - 2.2.12
USI Core - 0.2.3
Kolonization Core - 0.2.3.1
UKS - 0.40.3
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.2
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.8.20
[x] Science! - 4.18

I'm having the exact same issue

Edit: For anyone having this issue, i've found that sending the data back while in timewarp will fix it

Edited by CommanderShepherd

@tajampino, the rest some of them are copies and they need to get a reflection module separately. Let me see what i can do.

Update 1: the names of the reflection GameObject meshes (that are responsible for the reflections) are not the same as the ones that are defined inside the "PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg" file. For now removing the mesh definitions (mesh = <GameObject) will do the trick.

Update 2: i fixed (at least i think) the reflections. They now use the new mesh names but because of the way VSR patches them for TextureReplacer (:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]:FINAL - a really bad strategy) it is impossible to do it with just an MM patch. You have to dig in the VSR TR patch, remove all mesh definitions from the solar arrays and then apply the following MM patch:

//  ==================================================
//  OX-2L 1x3 Photovoltaic Panels.

@PART[1x3SPanels]:FOR[TextureReplacer]
{
    @MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        @meshes = Panel1 Panel2 Panel3
    }
}

//  OX-6L 2x6w Photovoltaic Panels.

@PART[1x3WPanels]:FOR[TextureReplacer]
{
    @MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        @meshes = Panel1 Panel2 Panel3
    }
}

//  ST1 Solar Panel

@PART[solarPanels5]:FOR[TextureReplacer]
{
    @MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        @meshes = Cells
    }
}

//  ST2 Solar Panel.

@PART[solarPanels5HiTech]:FOR[TextureReplacer]
{
    !MODULE[TRReflection],*{}

MODULE
    {
        name = TRReflection
        colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
        interval = 2
        meshes = Cells
    }
}

//  ST3 Solar Panel.

@PART[LgRadialSolarPanel]:FOR[TextureReplacer]
{

MODULE
    {
        name = TRReflection
        colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
        interval = 2
        meshes = Cells
    }
}

//  XT1 Solar Panel Array Mk1.

@PART[solarPanels4]:FOR[TextureReplacer]
{
    @MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        @meshes = Panel1 Panel2 Panel3 Panel4 Panel5 Panel5_002
    }
}

//  XT1 Solar Panel Array Mk2.

@PART[solarPanels3]
{
    @MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        @meshes = Panel1 Panel1A Panel1B Panel2 Panel2A Panel2B
    }
}

//  XT3 Solar Panel Array Mk1.

@PART[largeSolarPanelEarly]:FOR[TextureReplacer]
{

MODULE
    {
        name = TRReflection
        colour = 0.3 0.3 0.3
        interval = 2
        meshes = Cells
    }
}

//  XT4 Solar Panel Array Mk1.

@PART[largeSolarPanel]
{
    @MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        @meshes = Cells
    }
}

Edited by Phineas Freak
New info

4 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@tajampino, the rest some of them are copies and they need to get a reflection module separately. Let me see what i can do.

Update 1: the names of the reflection GameObject meshes (that are responsible for the reflections) are not the same as the ones that are defined inside the "PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg" file. For now removing the mesh definitions (mesh = <GameObject) will do the trick.

Thank you! :) 

Patched it in, the reflections are really awesome

Hi,

I'm trying to copy my savegame from KSP 1.0.5 to 1.1.2 after updating all mods (including RSS/RO/RP-0), but I get this Contract Configurator error after loading my save:

Spoiler

Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'ReachState' in contract 'RP0.recordCrewedAlt':

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: 'Kerbin' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

It seems to me 'Kerbin is not a valid CelestialBody' is the error here.

When I ignore this warning, the early contracts for Human Flight are automatically succeeded.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've got a question. Are developers have plans to expand list of available experiments. There are many scientifik moduls in DMagic which not supported.Many of them took a part in real space missions. ExoKerbol drill for exemplehave real analogue which go to Mars in 2018.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

P.S.:Forgive me pleace my English, I knew it's worse, but i'm practice. I promise you understood what I wrote.

Edited by KOCTROTTAJI

I'm stuck with first space station contract.
- I built space station for 4 Kerbals, delivered it unmanned to designated orbit (pe above 400, ap bellow 2000)

- using Apollo Capsule I bring 3 kerbals, docked, keep there for 30 days, undocked and landed.

However contract is now state where "return crew home" is incomplete and "keep the station in orbit" is also incomplete despite "Vessel:" stationnaem and  "Orbit:" is complete.

what I did wrong?