[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

25 minutes ago, Sir_Fanch said:

Is there a more appropriate place to post suggestions for this mod (If I may be so bold :P)? I had an idea about surface samples, but don't want to clutter the thread if it's meant for bug fixing and info. Is there a dev thread somewhere?

My understanding is that this thread is not support only so I guess that as long as suggestion is for RP-0 specifically you are welcomed to post it here

I know this is probably a very dumb question, but I have looked everywhere. How do I see maximum burn times on engines while constructing a ship in the VAB?  I have seen @NathanKell click on a part in the VAB and it brings up a darker menu.  I just can't figure out for the life of me how to do that.

7 minutes ago, deleted said:

I know this is probably a very dumb question, but I have looked everywhere. How do I see maximum burn times on engines while constructing a ship in the VAB?  I have seen @NathanKell click on a part in the VAB and it brings up a darker menu.  I just can't figure out for the life of me how to do that.

in the part info when you scroll down you will see information about reliability of each "setup" also when part is placed you can use right click and "engine gui" is the menu you are looking for.
Strangely it can give you info about other options than selected one but for the selected one you do not have info about the rated burn time. Not a problem if you have other options to choose from but that's not always the case. I hope they will add tha info for selected "setup" as well :)

2 minutes ago, deleted said:

@przybysz86 I am still not seeing maximum burn time, I saw nathan just click on the part for a small opaque menu that had it on it, similar to just right clicking.  Am i missing a mod or is something not working correctly?  See image below.

What I see

Do you have mod "test flight"? It seems that you are missing this one.

@przybysz86 I just fresh installed today to make a new rp0 career.  I don't think ckan is installing it when installing either ro or rp0.  I just manually selected it in CKAN and it installed fine.  Booting game up now, I will let you know if this solves it.

@przybysz86 Yep solved, thanks man.  Also MMB opens up the dialog that I was looking for once I had Test Flight installed.

Edited by deleted

Hello @ all,

is there any way to add some new nationality flag. Sorry for all the american and russian ;-) , but i like to have other too.

In the last 70 years we had many nationality´s in space. Is there any file to download or description how to do that?

6 hours ago, Nightside said:

Should I find LEO heat shields at Survivability in the techtree? I don't see any heat shields showing up til the lunar rated ones in Construction...Am I missing something?

I guess you'd be missing Deadly Reentry, because that's the mod that has LEO-rated heatshields in my install:

RealismOverhaul\RO_RecommendedMods\RO_DeadlyReEntry.cfg:602:    @name = Heatshield-5M

Edited by nanomage

27 minutes ago, nanomage said:

I guess you'd be missing Deadly Reentry, because that's the mod that has LEO-rated heatshields in my install:

RealismOverhaul\RO_RecommendedMods\RO_DeadlyReEntry.cfg:602:    @name = Heatshield-5M

Thanks, that sounds likely. 

2 hours ago, M4ssler said:

Hello @ all,

is there any way to add some new nationality flag. Sorry for all the american and russian ;-) , but i like to have other too.

In the last 70 years we had many nationality´s in space. Is there any file to download or description how to do that?

Kerbal Renamer can be configured with additional cultures. You need a suitably sized image in the GameData\KerbalRenamer\icons folder (some example flags here) and a module manager patch like:

Spoiler

@KERBALRENAMER:FINAL
{
	Culture // add one block per culture to be added
	{
		name = Japanese // must match name of flag icon
		FFIRSTNAME1 // female first names
		{
			key=Ai
			key=Aiko
			key=Akane
			key=Ami
			key=Asuka
			key=Chisato
			key=Emiko
			key=Fukumi
			// ...
		}

MFIRSTNAME1 // male first names
		{
			key=Akihito
			key=Akio
			key=Akito
			key=Daisuke
			key=Eiji
			// ...
		}

LASTNAME1 // unisex last names
		{
			key=Abe
			key=Aino
			key=Akagi
			key=Aoba
			// ...
		}

FLASTNAME1 // female only last names
		{
		}

MLASTNAME1 // male only last names
		{
		}
	}
}

I built a really early game LV exactly as NK did in his youtube video tutorial.  I cannot seem to seperate from the interstage decoupler.  Do i have to use specific fairings to use it?  I feel like i have tried everything. 

Images here.

EDIT: Figured it out, other node on top.

Edited by deleted

51 minutes ago, deleted said:

I built a really early game LV exactly as NK did in his youtube video tutorial.  I cannot seem to seperate from the interstage decoupler.  Do i have to use specific fairings to use it?  I feel like i have tried everything. 

Images here.

There are two attachment nodes above the interstage fairing base. You want to attach the TOP node to the bottom of the engine (the upper node is the one that has the detachment point on it) then reduce the height setting to get the engine a suitable height above the base and increase the extra height until the fairing sides reach the bottom of the next stage. Judging by the numbers in the last image you attached the lower node to the engine.

Edit: example image I did for a similar question on Reddit a while ago.

Edited by Aelfhe1m
Add example

So i just built a very basic bonanza plane.  No matter what I do, I constantly veer off to the left.  I have stripped the plane down to just the wheels(which are attached to the side and perfectly straight), motor, and air intake.  SAS on or off.  

1 hour ago, deleted said:

So i just built a very basic bonanza plane.  No matter what I do, I constantly veer off to the left.  I have stripped the plane down to just the wheels(which are attached to the side and perfectly straight), motor, and air intake.  SAS on or off.  

@NathanKell do we have some (semi)official RP-0 tutorial thread for such Q&A?

@deleted wheels are not aligned mist likely -- if you attach wheels to bonanza cabin they will not be perfeclty aligned with plane axis and when you gain speed one of them will start to "plough" and turn the plane. Add small procedural tank or whatever (as long as it is perfeclty straight cylinder) at behind the cabin and attach wheels to it. Then offset wheels to proper place:

Spoiler

CsmBiHO.png

vIuXmcY.png

Otherwise they will be perpendicular to curvature of the bonanza cabin which almost nowhere is parallel to plane longitudinal axis so they will always have small angle between where wheel want to go and where plane is pointed and this will make whole plane unstable.

EDIT: I forgot - you can also use "absolute" mode in rotation gizmo

Edited by przybysz86

On 7.08.2016 at 1:18 PM, M4ssler said:

Hello @ all,

https://github.com/dmxz/CrowdSourcedFlags/

check this link

@NathanKell First let me say your mods are amazing, as are your videos (and your knowledge of rocket science - are you a rocket scientist?)

I'm having a problem with Career mode in RP-0. The game has a stutter every 5 seconds. I don't get the same in Science or Sandbox mode.

I've trawled through various mod forums and I think the culprit might be some form of interaction with Contract Configurator. I'm not very familiar with Kerbal logs, etc. but I can send any info that might help diagnose the issue.

I appreciate any help!

25 minutes ago, przybysz86 said:

@jarraya I have the same stutter too but I always thought this is just because I've "overmodded" the game with 100+ mods :D.

I will check Sandbox or science modes. I also have feeling that it is getting worse with time spent playing. Possibly a memory leak?

@przybysz86 I started with a clean install, only Realism Overhaul, Real Solar System and RP-0. Did it twice, once through CKAN and once manually (took forever) and same both times. Issues are only with Career. Will be interesting to see if you have the same issue with it being only in Career.

@jarraya I'll check it when I get home from work. I'm curious as well.

EDIT: I've checked and I have the "hiccup" in sandbox as well. It's much, much less frequent but it's there. I think in your case contract configuration might be what gets it over the border.
I think it have to do with memory usage. I only have 8G of ram and lot of game temp memory is in page file and this restrict access availability so I think that's why my heavily modded game gets those lags.

Edited by przybysz86