[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

Bevo: Oh man, that's rather funny. :D

GuardianofBlind: Awesome! :)

Sadly we don't have many later-game contracts, though we'd obviously love to have more!

chrisl: The probe core was available, and it seemed to reasonably replicate the flat base of Surveyor...

I'm having problems with the LR87-LH2 engine.

First only 2 of 3 engines in a 3 engine first stage cluster would ignite.

The error message read in the lines of: "Insufficient resources to ignite"

This was very consistent.

After fiddling around I abandoned that on the basis that it was a vacuum engine despite of the very nice ASL ISP

So swapped the three LR87 in favor of a couple of LR79s. Weird thing was that the problem continued and only 1 of the 2 engines would ignite on launch.

Interestingly I had a LR87 powering the second stage a swell. Swapping out this engine fixed the problem.

So it seems using the LR87 anywhere on a rocket induces ignition problems for all engines.

All mods are up to date, is this reproducible or a bad install?

The problem lies somewhere on your side, all my early rockets use LR87s, often in multi-engine configurations and I never experienced the said behaviour.

I have a quick bug report I came across in RP .37. The code that adds avionics for the mk1-2 command pod has a typo in the avionics.cfg.

Line 34 reads this:

@PART[FASAApollo_CM|Mark1-2]:FOR[RP-0]

When it should read this:

@PART[FASAApollo_CM|Mark1-2Pod]:FOR[RP-0]

Framerate: I've heard similar scattered reports of engine clusters having some of their number fail to ignite. Scott Manley hit that for example. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the stock resource request system, since my code looks ok. I'll be digging into it...

Rabada: Thanks!

could that be part of test flight? because that is not uncommon malfuction in rocket engine clusters, or having some burn out early I seem to remember a satern test lauch had the 2nd stange hand an engine burn out early, so the buth when the gidince package tried to cut the fuel flow, it cut it to a deffren engine so it shut down early to

could that be part of test flight? because that is not uncommon malfuction in rocket engine clusters, or having some burn out early I seem to remember a satern test lauch had the 2nd stange hand an engine burn out early, so the buth when the gidince package tried to cut the fuel flow, it cut it to a deffren engine so it shut down early to

Your logic is sound, but I don't have testflight installed :-)

Framerate: I've heard similar scattered reports of engine clusters having some of their number fail to ignite. Scott Manley hit that for example. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the stock resource request system, since my code looks ok. I'll be digging into it...

Thanks Nathan! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance!

I am having difficulties on a new install using CKAN. My tech tree has overlapping nodes and I have tested this by following the below procedure.

http://imgur.com/o2fTztq

1. Install KSP

2. Install CKAN

3. Install Realistic Progression 0, deselected Kerbal Construction Time as I am uninterested in that currently.

4. Launch game

5. Start new career and go to tech tree

What am I doing wrong?

hello.

http://imgur.com/edit

The have a problem, if any one can help I will appreciate it :-)

The Rolls-Royce Avon Create a Negative Trust of -10.0kN.

A I missing something ?

regards,

yaniv

Can't see your picture, but the only time I had such problem was when there wasn't enough intake area for the given engine. Worth checking if you have several engines or too small intake.

Also, some engines start at slightly negative thrust and take a moment to spool up.

I'm trying to recreate the Surveyor 1 mission. I've created the probe which is just under 1t including a retro rocket to kill off 2.5km/s of speed and about 700dV of fuel for a course correction and final decent. So pretty much like the actual Surveyor probe. And I've mounted the probe on top of as close an approximation of the Atlas LV-3C Centaur-D as I can (using FASA so LR-105/89-NA-6 engines, Atlas LV-3C tank, RL-10A-3 engines, Centaur tank slightly extended to account for the extra length/burn time of the Centaur D vs Centaur C). The trouble is, I can't seem to figure out how to do the launch. There doesn't appear to be enough dV to launch into Earth orbit prior to setting the lunar impact trajectory. But there also doesn't seem to be enough dV to do a direct ascent to an impact trajectory, either. Was hoping someone out there might have an idea.

I came across that the AJ10 is listed two times in the part lists although they are identical, "stock install" so no other mods than the required.

Also the Vanguard shows 0.99kN thrust when hovering over but shows the correct thrust when RMB click on the part to see details, I guess this is a little config bug but couldn't find it yet.

Another question:

As my exams are over next week I might find the time to contribute some contracts to the RP-0 progress. I got into Contract Configurator syntax lately and have some ideas for little expansions. Will create these for myself at first but if wanted I maybe share them here, too.

Cheers :)

I came across that the AJ10 is listed two times in the part lists although they are identical, "stock install" so no other mods than the required.

Also the Vanguard shows 0.99kN thrust when hovering over but shows the correct thrust when RMB click on the part to see details, I guess this is a little config bug but couldn't find it yet.

Sure they're the same? I have AJ10(early) and AJ10(mid) -- the latter twice, which I assumed to be because of FASA (though it's curious that they both use the same model).

As to the vanguard thrust, this thing is actually two engines: the main booster and the vernier engines rolled into one piece. The ~1kN you see is the vernier engine. You need to scroll down to see the main engine's thrust.

Can't see your picture, but the only time I had such problem was when there wasn't enough intake area for the given engine. Worth checking if you have several engines or too small intake.

Also, some engines start at slightly negative thrust and take a moment to spool up.

Thanks , that did the trick :-)

Sure they're the same? I have AJ10(early) and AJ10(mid) -- the latter twice, which I assumed to be because of FASA (though it's curious that they both use the same model).

As to the vanguard thrust, this thing is actually two engines: the main booster and the vernier engines rolled into one piece. The ~1kN you see is the vernier engine. You need to scroll down to see the main engine's thrust.

True on the Vanguard, didnt think about it in the first place :P

But the AJ-10 (Mid) is there two times with exactly the same model and values, no other part packs installed than the dependencies. I checked it in the R&D too and it is listed twice in the Basic Orbital Rocketry.

How do you install RP-0 though CKAN? RP-0 suggests its dependencies and recommendations, such as RO. But RO and other reecomended mods don't give their recommendations, thus you don't get RSS and other essentials. What should I check for installation in CKAN?

How do you install RP-0 though CKAN? RP-0 suggests its dependencies and recommendations, such as RO. But RO and other reecomended mods don't give their recommendations, thus you don't get RSS and other essentials. What should I check for installation in CKAN?

It's been a little while since I installed RP-0, but I would suggest first selecting RO, then going through the install process, and then selecting RP-0 and going through the install process again. That will show all the recommends for RO and RP-0, while still installing everything fully, and shouldn't take any longer.

Really enjoying this, but the lack of long range antennas in the early game are really killing this and make it quite a grind. Having access to 1963 command modules before being able to recreate the 1959 Luna missions is unreasonable.

Really enjoying this, but the lack of long range antennas in the early game are really killing this and make it quite a grind. Having access to 1963 command modules before being able to recreate the 1959 Luna missions is unreasonable.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/FAQ#my-antenna-says-it-has-a-range-of-200km-but-i-can-connect-farther-than-that-why

I agree. I would also really like to have the option of researching the longer range Remote Tech dishes without having to unlock many of the moon techs. I would really enjoy playing a game where i got most of the science to develop by space program from interplanetary probes instead of land on the moon.

Also, while Autochton is right, I believe that only OMNI antennas get a bonus from multiple antennas, while the directional dishes don't. The KR-14 with a 1000Gm dish reange is the first dish you can use to communicate with craft in orbit of Jupiter. I think it costs 300 science to unlock the node with the KR-14.