[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

6 hours ago, makuclib said:

I'm stuck with first space station contract.
- I built space station for 4 Kerbals, delivered it unmanned to designated orbit (pe above 400, ap bellow 2000)

- using Apollo Capsule I bring 3 kerbals, docked, keep there for 30 days, undocked and landed.

However contract is now state where "return crew home" is incomplete and "keep the station in orbit" is also incomplete despite "Vessel:" stationnaem and  "Orbit:" is complete.

what I did wrong?

A few pages back someone was having trouble with the space station contract. For the moment when it gets stuck on "return crew home: incomplete" the only thing you can do is alt+f12 and cheat by marking the contract as finished, at least as far as I am aware.

11 hours ago, makuclib said:

I'm stuck with first space station contract.
- I built space station for 4 Kerbals, delivered it unmanned to designated orbit (pe above 400, ap bellow 2000)

- using Apollo Capsule I bring 3 kerbals, docked, keep there for 30 days, undocked and landed.

However contract is now state where "return crew home" is incomplete and "keep the station in orbit" is also incomplete despite "Vessel:" stationnaem and  "Orbit:" is complete.

what I did wrong?

Maybe you need 4 guys on board?

I've noticed that with the NoNonRP0 trick the Universal Storage science wedges stay in the parts list, but the cores (quad, hex, octa) and the life support wedges do not.  Are these not supported? 

Hi there,

I'm currently working on adding new RP-0's contract in order to support the RSS Expansion mod.
Then I would ask to the community what do you prefer for flyby contracts targeting dual bodies like Pluto/Charon. Should I :
 - Make a flyby contract for each body.
 - Make one contract for the both. In this case, the vessel should return : science for the two involved bodies, or only for only one of them.
I don't know if the last case can be implemented with the actual version of ContractConfigurator but I'm working on it (and any help is welcome off course ;-] )

Thanks for your answers

Edited by hargn
I've received help from the ContractConfigurator's author @nightingale, then I know that all case can be implemented

Hi all,

I started a new RP-0 for 1.1.2 and I'm getting a really inconvenient bug: None of my "crewed" contracts complete. The boxes just refuse to "check" themselves. It's not the "crewed" part that fails though, it's the velocity, vessel state and/or altitude parts of the contract that never complete.

Example:

http://imgur.com/Y8GsB9Y

Y8GsB9Y

Here's my Gamedata:

http://imgur.com/N3JERTz

N3JERTz

It's basically just all of the RP-0 package on ckan, plus some parts packs.

I'm using linux 64-bit, not sure if that could be related.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Just installed a fresh version of KSP and RP-0 and the bug is still there. Any help?

Edited by plomp90

14 hours ago, hargn said:

Hi there,

I'm currently working on adding new RP-0's contract in order to support the RSS Expansion mod.
Then I would ask to the community what do you prefer for flyby contracts targeting dual bodies like Pluto/Charon. Should I :
 - Make one contract for the both. In this case, the vessel should return science for the two involved bodies or only for only one of these.
I don't know if the last case can be implemented with the actual version of ContractConfigurator but I'm working on it (and any help is welcome off course ;-] )

Thanks for your answers

Becouse if I want to go to both planets i will take both conracts.

HG-55 Antenna issue

Hello, I know the dupe issue with the HG-55 antenna was addressed on page 77 & 78, but I'm still having problems with it.

Filter extensions is causing my game to crash when loading into the VAB, so I'd rather work around using that.

What I tried to do is simply delete the HG-55 duplicate part and the duplicate solar panel part from the Asteroid Day parts directory. That seemed to work just fine, with one small problem...

When I attach the remaining HG-55 antenna, it either hovers away about 20m from its attachment point on launch, then disappears, or when I can get it to stay attached to another part, it doesn't respond to any of the action buttons. It does not extend, unfurl, or otherwise show any signs of doing it's job.

So question: does the remaining antenna depend on assets of the Asteroid Day part? Is that what's causing the problem? What workaround would solve both the dupe issue and the antenna deployment issue (presuming that's a problem)

Thanks!

Hello. I launched the vessel to capture an asteroid. But i couldn't do it becouse of terrible bug. When i get nearby imege freeze. When I turn on timewarps, i can see moving, when i turn off it freeze again. Image freeze, but ton a game. Vessel still moving. I can see rotation and engine plume too. Navball is freezing. But I can try to cach asteroid. In this case my craft pass trose it.

http://imgur.com/a/9insN

I was trying to get an RP-0 install to work and I'm having the strangest bug. When i was launching a starter sounding rocket it began slowly sliding upwards through itself on the launch clamp. Like the engine and fuel tank went up but the avionics package and parachute stayed put. Then I tried to detach the launch clamp and my rocket began moving upwards at about half a meter per second despite having a TWR of 1.63. I have been playing ksp since 2012 and have never seen anything like this at all. I am positing this here because i have no idea what the cause is if anyone can help me that would be awesome.

this is what addons are installed

KSP: 1.1.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit

MagiCore - 1.1.1
Toolbar - 1.7.12
USI Tools - 0.7.2.1
Advanced Jet Engine - 2.7.1
B9 Part Switch - 1.4
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.7
Community Resource Pack - 0.5.2
Connected Living Space - 1.2.1.4
Contract Configurator - 1.12
CC-CP-SCANSat - 0.6.0.1
Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.0.2
Contract Pack: Sounding Rockets - 1.0.3
Contract Reward Modifier - 1.0.2.3
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.8
Deadly Reentry - 7.4.5
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3
Contract Parser - 1.0.3
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.6.3
Progress Parser - 1.0.4
Engine Lighting - 1.4.5
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.6.5
Firespitter - 7.2.4
JSIAdvTransparentPods - 0.1.6
RasterPropMonitor - 0.26
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.7
Kerbal Construction Time - 1.3.3.7
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.1
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.7
KerbalKonstructs - 0.9.7.1
HyperEdit - 1.5.2
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.11
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.5
NearFutureConstruction - 0.6.3
NearFutureElectrical - 0.7.4
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.7.2
NearFutureSolar - 0.6.1
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.5
S.A.V.E - 1.3.1.1999
Procedural Wings - 0.11.1
Procedural Parts - 1.2.4
QuickSearch - 3.0.1
RCS Build Aid - 0.8
RealChute - 1.4.1.1
RealismOverhaul - 11.0.1
Real Scale Boosters - 0.14.4
RealSolarSystem - 11.2
RemoteTech - 1.7
RSSDateTime - 1.0.3
Saturatable RW - 1.11
SafeChute - 1.9.1
SCANsat - 1.1.6.1
Celestial Body Science Editor - 1.0.6
ShipManifest - 5.1
Sigma Binary - 1.5.2
SolverEngines - 2.1
Spacetux - 0.3.10.1
StageRecovery - 1.6.4
TestFlight - 1.6.0.3
TextureReplacer - 2.4.13
TAC Life Support - 0.12.1
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.6.3
TweakScale - 2.2.12
USI Core - 0.2.3
NuclearRockets - 0.2.3
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.2
Waypoint Manager - 2.5.2
[x] Science! - 4.18

Edited by LORDPrometheus

On 24 May 2016 at 5:56 PM, Trigger1112 said:

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to use the patch by pjf to remove avionics but it's not working. I copied this:

into a file I called zzavionics.cfg and put it in GameData. Any ideas?

While I'm on the topic, what exactly is avionics supposed to represent?

I know it would be unrealistic to fly eg. a Saturn V entirely with the CM but isn't that an issue of complexity and flight profile? Wouldn't it be better (though still unrealistic since inert parts like struts shouldn't contribute) to use part count or something similar? It seems that Big Dumb Boosters like Sea Dragon or OTRAG would be poorly represented with this model.

I ask this to stimulate some discussion about the concept, not disparage and I respect the work already done and the intent behind it.

Thank you.

bump

@Trigger1112assuming that the MM patch that you are using is that one:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAvionics]]:FINAL
{
    !MODULE[ModuleAvionics]{}
}

then it should be OK.

Avionics are a loose "game - play" emulation of the, initially, electromechanical flight computers and later the analog/digital ones. I say loose because FCs are limited not by the mass of the launch vehicles but by their accuracy and their general abilities (launch into a specific azimuth, insert a payload within a specific LAN range, adjust for under/over performance by a previous stage). Tonnage, along with the stock SAS tiers, make up for these for now. Better approximations will replace them in the future.

the NoNonRP0 trick is not working for me am i doing something wrong? i deleted ModuleManager.ConfigCache but there are still the 3 tabs how do i remove them?

Edited by crasher925

On 13 June 2016 at 6:45 PM, Phineas Freak said:

@Trigger1112assuming that the MM patch that you are using is that one:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAvionics]]:FINAL
{
    !MODULE[ModuleAvionics]{}
}

then it should be OK.

Avionics are a loose "game - play" emulation of the, initially, electromechanical flight computers and later the analog/digital ones. I say loose because FCs are limited not by the mass of the launch vehicles but by their accuracy and their general abilities (launch into a specific azimuth, insert a payload within a specific LAN range, adjust for under/over performance by a previous stage). Tonnage, along with the stock SAS tiers, make up for these for now. Better approximations will replace them in the future.

Thanks! Mine seems to have had a typo, I copied this exactly and now it works.

Fair enough, I sort of assumed it was a rough approximation. I'll stick with just SAS limitations for now since it's inaccurate enough as it is. I'm glad you plan on improving avionics and if you're open to suggestions then in addition to limiting certain parts maybe allow something like mechjeb (assuming it's at all programmable, I haven't used it yet) or kOS to enforce limitations.

I am having trouble in R&D purchasing individual parts.  Once the node is researched, it requires me to purchase all parts in the node.  Is there a cfg I can edit or something else I can do to allow purchase of individual parts?

Please disregard, figured it out.

Edited by Parallax59
remove post

Intended behavior?

1. After finishing a research node I was checking all my engines for available upgrades. I noticed that a couple of bipropellant options had become available on all RCS thrusters and the 1 kN engine, however, costing about 40k each was too much for me.
After that I did instead unlock a few more powerful RCS thrusters and a 45° angled one for only a few thousand in total. Doing so also unlocked those very expansive upgrades for free!

2. The 3rd generation Russian engines (RD-210, RD-253/RD-275 and S1.5400/RD-58) seem to be incredibly powerful, efficient and unbelievably cheap. (meaning they are more powerful, more efficient and cheaper than most other engines)

The first one might be a misconfiguration of the RCS parts. The seconds one is normal: Russian engines are much cheaper for the same thrust level compared to other engines because of the "mass production" (about an order higher than most rocket engine designs, excluding the Merlin).

There is the error occured after last update (through ckan):

Exception occured while saving contract parameter 'ReachAlt' in contract 'RP0.SoundingRocketMedium':
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ReachState.OnParameterSave (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnSave (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Figure I'd best put the changelog here too:

Requires RO v11.1.0 and above

Thanks to PhineasFreak, Temeter, dxdy, Agathorn, SirKeplan, JoseEduardo, stratochief, Zarbizaure, Theysen.

• Improve Universal Storage support.
  • SSTU place/pricing.
  • Add a string of early satellite contracts.
  • Fix AIES fuel tank costs in starting node.
  • Place and price AIES and KW fairings.
  • Better Forgotten Real Engines support.
  • Tantares fixes.
  • Place Hullcam parts.
  • Fix contract deadlines (were 4x too high since they were made back when KSP took them all in Kerbin days).
  • Add avionics for RSB Agena part.
  • Place/price some Aviation Cockpits parts.
  • Tweak Crewed Karman Line requirements so it shows earlier.
  • Place/Price E-1 engine.
  • Update to latest version of Soviet Engines pack.

Hi there.  I'm having a bit of contract trouble after the recent updates.  Running 1.1.3, all mods up to date according to ckan

The problem is I'm no longer seeing any satellite contracts currently.  I had a bunch of exceptions thrown by contract configurator, but those seem to have cleared up after wiping out my existing selected contracts, However I'm not seeing any new ones or the ones that used to exist to select.  I have sounding rockets and suborbital flights, orbit the moon, and mars+ venus flyby missions, which seems about correct for where I'm at, but I had a bunch of moon/earth/mars/deimos satellite contracts.

Edited by Maxsimal

16 minutes ago, Maxsimal said:

Hi there.  I'm having a bit of contract trouble after the recent updates.  Running 1.1.3, all mods up to date according to ckan

The problem is I'm no longer seeing any satellite contracts currently.  I had a bunch of exceptions thrown by contract configurator, but those seem to have cleared up after wiping out my existing selected contracts, However I'm not seeing any new ones or the ones that used to exist to select.  I have sounding rockets and suborbital flights, orbit the moon, and mars+ venus flyby missions, which seems about correct for where I'm at, but I had a bunch of moon/earth/mars/deimos satellite contracts.

I would say all bets are off if you're trying to do that on 1.1.3.  As far as I know stuff hasn't been updated to run on 1.1.3 yet

I'm new to RP-0, if this mod changes contracts around does that mean many of the contract packs offered in different places would be unbalanced/unplayable?

I specifically want to know if "Bases and Stations" pack and "Field Research" pack works with RO/RP-0.

@Phineas Freak okay, thanks.

In that case I have another question. What sort of contracts does RP-0 provide?

I really liked the station contracts offered by the Bases and Stations pack, so I'd like to know if there is something similar included. If not, it would be nice if the RP-0 team could add it to their list.