[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

Thanks to Raidernick, Agathorn, SirKeplan, Zarbizaure, and NathanKell.

• Place and price Raidernick engines.
  • Place and price SmartParts.
  • Place S5.79, S5.66, RD-0225, and KRD-442.
  • Place the 2-person Mk1 can.
  • Fix VA LAS.
  • Place and price two SSTU premade clusters.
  • Place Soyuz LEO Heatshield.
  • Support FRE's FRE-1 and FRE-2 (really!) engines.
  • Update HSF station and lunar milestone contract rewards to balanced them better against each other.
  • Fix level 3 runway sizing typo.
  • Update KSP 1.1.3.

This is great, thanks! :)

I tried to install RP-0 on a clean 1.1.3.1289, using CKAN; but RealismOverhaul is no longer showing up, causing the following error message:

• Module RealismOverhaul has not been found. This may be because it is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP

My version of CKAN is v1.18.0-0-geeb9127 (beta), and can confirm that RO is not showing up even when I change the Filter to (All).

RP-0 is always worth the wait, so thank you very very much for everything you do on this mod and for the community.  Now I'm off to look for ways to pay some money somewhere to support this mod :)

Edited by MatBailie

9 hours ago, MatBailie said:

I tried to install RP-0 on a clean 1.1.3.1289, using CKAN; but RealismOverhaul is no longer showing up, causing the following error message:

• Module RealismOverhaul has not been found. This may be because it is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP

My version of CKAN is v1.18.0-0-geeb9127 (beta), and can confirm that RO is not showing up even when I change the Filter to (All).

RP-0 is always worth the wait, so thank you very very much for everything you do on this mod and for the community.  Now I'm off to look for ways to pay some money somewhere to support this mod :)

Try manually installing RO first for the time being.

19 hours ago, MatBailie said:

I think I saw NathanKell say somewhere that there's a dependency issue. RO depends on some packages where you'll be using either a prerelease or the same version that you used on 1.1.2, so CKAN doesn't have an officially-compatible release indexed. Because of those issues, even after it indexed the update to RO, it can't find a version that it can satisfy the dependencies for.

3 hours ago, undercoveryankee said:

I think I saw NathanKell say somewhere that there's a dependency issue. RO depends on some packages where you'll be using either a prerelease or the same version that you used on 1.1.2, so CKAN doesn't have an officially-compatible release indexed. Because of those issues, even after it indexed the update to RO, it can't find a version that it can satisfy the dependencies for.

Thing is, I did say it was a clean install :-/  I moved KSP's folder, re-downloaded KSP from Steam, and CKAN was reporting v1.1.3.1289

I'll recheck everything later, but it doesn't Appear to be any of those things...

EDIT:

Not sure what's changed (in repositories, CKAN or just my fumbling fingers) but CKAN is now showing RO even without me making any changes to my install.  Thanks again :)

The following RO-Recommended Mods didn't install as they're not showing as 1.1.3 compatible, although the RP-0 instructions say that I need to install them:

Different places say contradicting things about different mods, so I thought I'd ask explicity for RP-0 :wink:

• Should I install these; they're required and the lack of updates is no problem
  • Should I avoid these; they're not up to date and can cause more issues than benefits?

P.S. I still haven't found a way to make a donation for RP-0.  Is there any way?  Perhaps I could donate to some-one else, on RP-0's behalf? :)

Edited by MatBailie

So I really really want to get into RO and RP-0. Installed via CKAN and everything. But I always run into a bunch of bugs. With the new install, I launched one sounding rocket and when returned to KSC, I couldn't access any of the buildings. Would click on them, and something happens, but I'm still at exterior view of KSC. All buildings are completely inaccessible. Have to reload the game at that point, which is frustrating because it takes so long to load...

Was wondering if someone is having a mostly stable experience, if they can post their mod list, so I know what works together and what I should probably avoid. I have another non RO non RSS but still pretty heavily modded version of KSP that works just fine, but everytime I try to go the RO/RP-0 I always run into these roadblocks.

9 minutes ago, EliasDanger said:

So I really really want to get into RO and RP-0. Installed via CKAN and everything. But I always run into a bunch of bugs. With the new install, I launched one sounding rocket and when returned to KSC, I couldn't access any of the buildings. Would click on them, and something happens, but I'm still at exterior view of KSC. All buildings are completely inaccessible. Have to reload the game at that point, which is frustrating because it takes so long to load...

Was wondering if someone is having a mostly stable experience, if they can post their mod list, so I know what works together and what I should probably avoid. I have another non RO non RSS but still pretty heavily modded version of KSP that works just fine, but everytime I try to go the RO/RP-0 I always run into these roadblocks.

Could you supply Your mod list?

37 minutes ago, MatBailie said:

Could you supply Your mod list?

Good idea! Yeah, if you can lemme know what I should or should not have on this list for RP-0, that'd work too.

Spoiler

KSP: 1.1.3 (Win64) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
MagiCore - 1.1.1
Filter Extensions - 2.6
Toolbar - 1.7.12
Advanced Jet Engine - 2.7.2
B9 Part Switch - 1.4.3
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.7
Chatterer - 0.9.90.1289
Community Resource Pack - 0.5.4
Connected Living Space - 1.2.1.5
Contract Configurator - 1.14
CC-CP-SCANSat - 0.6.0.1
CryoEngines - 0.3.5
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.9
Deadly Reentry - 7.4.5
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.2
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.3
Contract Parser - 1.0.4
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.6.4
Progress Parser - 1.0.5
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.7.2
Firespitter - 7.3
Forgotten Real Engines - 0.7.1
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.9
Kerbal Construction Time - 1.3.4
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.1
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.6
NearFutureConstruction - 0.6.4
NearFutureElectrical - 0.7.5
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.7.3
NearFutureSolar - 0.6.2
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.5.1
Procedural Parts - 1.2.5
RCS Build Aid - 0.8
RealChute - 1.4.1.1
RealismOverhaul - 11.2
Real Scale Boosters - 0.14.5
RealSolarSystem - 11.4
RemoteTech - 1.7.1
RSSDateTime - 1.0.4
SafeChute - 2.0
SCANsat - 1.1.6.3
ShipManifest - 5.1
SolverEngines - 2.3
TestFlight - 1.7
TAC Life Support - 0.12.2
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.7.1
Transfer Window Planner - 1.5.1
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.2
Waypoint Manager - 2.5.3

I will post screen shots from my game data folder to if that helps, cuz some things like Procedural Fairings don't seem to show up on the AVC list.

Edit: Okay here is the photo of the game data folder:

WwEqR5s.jpg

if there is any other info i can post that will help lemme know. getting a somewhat stable RP-0 game going would be fantastic. any ideas on anything i can try, unnecessary mods i should remove that might help, or missing mods i should have, please let me know.

Edited by EliasDanger

@Phineas FreakNot sure how to find a log unless there was a crash to desktop. 

i did just realize i may have mods suggested by RO but that are not compatible with RP-0. I might try reinstalling and checking to make sure i dont install and RO suggested mods but only recommended and required. 

Edited by EliasDanger

@EliasDanger

Remove the following mods:

Filter Extensions - 2.6
Toolbar - 1.7.12
B9 Part Switch - 1.4.3 <<< what even is this?
Chatterer - 0.9.90.1289
CC-CP-SCANSat - 0.6.0.1 << RP-0 doesn't support contract packs
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.3
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.6.4
Contract Parser - 1.0.4 <<< what is this?
Progress Parser - 1.0.5 << ditto
Firespitter - 7.3 <<< you want the core only plus the resources, not the whole mod
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.9
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.1 <<< this has serious issues with RF. Use MechJeb.
All NearFuture mods
SafeChute <<< eh? Also, not sure it plays nice with RealChute

Filter Extensions, Chatterer, and the other GUI related stuff (maybe not toolbar) can go back after confirming things work. KAS...does KAS even _work_ or is everything KIS now? Best not try. Some of those things I don't even know what they are though.

Thanks, @NathanKell

i will redo a fresh install and cull all those extra mods. a lot of them i dont even know what they do, but were dependencies or recommendations from other mods i wanted. B9 part switch i think was required for Near Future stuff. Apparently i got too mod happy. Thanks again for pointing those out to me! And thanks for all your hard work with RO/RSS/RP-0 and all the other stuff you have a hand in. 

@Phineas Freak if i get problems with the fresh install, i will definitely do that, thanks!

This community is awesome because of helpful people like you guys. 

Edited by EliasDanger

Further update: Looks like everything is all good. Wanted to post one more time just to say I stumbled on your RP-0 tutorials on youtube, @NathanKell. Awesome series! I think you should post a link on the OP of this thread. I had no idea you had a tutorial series going on, and I bet a bunch of people will find it very helpful.

I'm the same - I had no idea about the tutorial series. I got lucky I stumbled across it. Every time I manage to watch an episode another goes up! :D Only managed to get to ep.21 so far but I'm learning an awful lot I didn't know about how some of the parts work together, and I've been 'careering' in RSS since 0.90! Loving the series and loving the work you guys are putting into this. I was surprised how early the 1.1.3 release came so kudos to you guys :)

Eh, KER just doesn't show stage dV if it's currently firing. At least the only thing I've noticed, not that big of a deal; I should know what stage is what and how much by the time I completed the design. Besides, MJ's UI is horrible to my taste.

What's wrong with toolbar? I haven't noticed anything weird with it and it certainly not going anywhere. Screen real estate is pretty valuable for me :)

Also experience the "can't click on some buildings" every once in a while. I jsut click the buttons on the left side.

Hey Guys!

First off, kudos to the 1.1.3 update in such a wonderfully short time. I was wondering however, what is up with the runway, and if anyone else was having troubles? I know thanks to prior wheel issues the base runway was updated to use the level 3 model to avoid potholes, but I'm still having some issues. 

Generally the wheel issues seem less drastic with 1.1.3 than they did with 1.1.2, but I'm running into a magical bump in the runway, on occasion (not every launch), about a third of the way down which sends my planes nose into the air which then results in a crash since few of my planes can reach the necessary speed to take off by that point. Just wanted to bring it to your attention, let me know if/what additional information I need to supply to help with this issue. I'm running a clean install through ckan with nothing but RSS/RO/RP-0 (and dependencies, of course). I use hanger grid on a different save file to build the planes (allows auto alignment), then transfer the plane into my RP-0 save. Any thoughts?

On 7/10/2016 at 4:23 AM, climbererwill said:

Hey Guys!

First off, kudos to the 1.1.3 update in such a wonderfully short time. I was wondering however, what is up with the runway, and if anyone else was having troubles? I know thanks to prior wheel issues the base runway was updated to use the level 3 model to avoid potholes, but I'm still having some issues. 

Generally the wheel issues seem less drastic with 1.1.3 than they did with 1.1.2, but I'm running into a magical bump in the runway, on occasion (not every launch), about a third of the way down which sends my planes nose into the air which then results in a crash since few of my planes can reach the necessary speed to take off by that point. Just wanted to bring it to your attention, let me know if/what additional information I need to supply to help with this issue. I'm running a clean install through ckan with nothing but RSS/RO/RP-0 (and dependencies, of course). I use hanger grid on a different save file to build the planes (allows auto alignment), then transfer the plane into my RP-0 save. Any thoughts?

Yeah I have the exact same problem. I bleieve it has something to do with the runway colliders and textures not being on the same level.

What is proper RP-0 mod to install to fill the gap in second generation capsules and in general to fill those gaps except from FASA which is not 1.1.x compatible yet and also overwrites a lot of existing engines.

22 hours ago, Zekos said:

What is proper RP-0 mod to install to fill the gap in second generation capsules and in general to fill those gaps except from FASA which is not 1.1.x compatible yet and also overwrites a lot of existing engines.

SSTU has an Apollo CM and an Orion capsule that are RP-0 compatible...but I don't think they are currently costed in RP-0 so they show "Non RP-0" 

Edited by jdub3350

Is it normal that I'm getting stock planets here?

hUAmUga.png

Clean RP-0 install, only recommended and supported mods, everything up-to-date. This happens also on my second install.

5 hours ago, winged said:

Is it normal that I'm getting stock planets here?

hUAmUga.png

Clean RP-0 install, only recommended and supported mods, everything up-to-date. This happens also on my second install.

Since 1.1.x I've been getting that. Didn't check in 1.1.3, because I just stopped using it.