[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

Hi,
regarding 1.1.3 save compatibility: @NathanKell
i loaded my save from september 2016 on a clean CKAN 'stock' RSS/RO/RP-0 installation after adding KIS and KAS all vessels where loaded. I payed a visit to some of them and it looks good.
What doesn't transit well seem to be the contracts. Direct in the KSC scene i get two failures one of them Low Lunar Orbit with 800000 Fund and i think 900 rep penalty. There is no indication what part of the contract failed - i think this can be counteracted by safegame editing.
But new contracts also have their flaws e.g. ScanSat: i can't do the first because it says i have allready done it but the succesive one isn't unlocked. This also applies for several contract types.

regarding DeadlyReentry?: @Guest83
i EVA'ed a Kerbal in LEO ~500km and he turned into a flametrower like close to overheating on reentry - but he stayed alive for several minutes...
i have DR 7.5.0 installed from CKAN

Edited by KroShan

19 minutes ago, KroShan said:

Hi,
regarding 1.1.3 save compatibility: @NathanKell
i loaded my save from september 2016 on a clean CKAN 'stock' RSS/RO/RP-0 installation after adding KIS and KAS all vessels where loaded. I payed a visit to some of them and it looks good.
What doesn't transit well seem to be the contracts. Direct in the KSC scene i get two failures one of them Low Lunar Orbit with 800000 Fund and i think 900 rep penalty. There is no indication what part of the contract failed - i think this can be counteracted by safegame editing.
But new contracts also have their flaws e.g. ScanSat: i can't do the first because it says i have allready done it but the succesive one isn't unlocked. This also applies for several contract types.

regarding DeadlyReentry?: @Guest83
i EVA'ed a Kerbal in LEO ~500km and he turned into a flametrower like close to overheating on reentry - but he stayed alive for several minutes...
i have DR 7.5.0 installed from CKAN

Yeah, the contracts have changed a lot, so I wouldn't expect those to carry over very well.

yes @rsparkyc i read that there have been improvements in the contractsystem and it is obvious that this comes with flaws - but what is the solution?
When i can't start the new contract chains i can pretty much start all over again. When stating save compatibility maybe someone can take a look into it.
I can provide a save, screenshots and logs if necessary.

Another approach would be to hack/cheat a save file to the appropriate date, build points, science points, and so on.

Just now, KroShan said:

yes @rsparkyc i read that there have been improvements in the contractsystem and it is obvious that this comes with flaws - but what is the solution?
When i can't start the new contract chains i can pretty much start all over again. When stating save compatibility maybe someone can take a look into it.
I can provide a save, screenshots and logs if necessary.

Another approach would be to hack/cheat a save file to the appropriate date, build points, science points, and so on.

Honestly, I think your best bet is to cheat the save file to get to where you want to be.  I know the next release will break saves, and I don't think we have any plans to provide any migration for save files, as it changes the entire tech tree.

First of all, awesome work releasing this for 1.2.2 it made my day when i saw it available. Now everything is installed and works, but KCT keeps opening settings window every time i switch buildings or open menus. I tried couple of latest dev builds, but they don`t work at all for me, their settings window just sits empty(and opens automatically). I must be doing something wrong, but i can`t figure it out myself, so i`ll be thankful for any help.

For some reason I can't seem to locate the parts pack that has the LEO heatshields that are configured for RP-0.  There are a few in DR parts, but in Tree.cfg it seems there are quite a few more configured.  The ones I am interested in are Heatshield-4M, Heatshield-5M, and SoyuzHeatshieldLEO .  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hello. Could someone who knows a bit more about MM write a patch for me that sets the RP0config setting that gets placed in every part to true? It is quite annoying having 'non rp0/ro part' on every second part that I have. I have this so far:

@PART[*]:Final
{

%RP0conf = true

}

But I know that that is way off. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Since the OP hasn't been around in a year, and there's a new maintained post for this mod, I'm locking this one.

@pjf shall you return to the forums, if you want this thread back, then just report this very post, and we'll unlock it for you.

@shanaman, @Benji13 I advise you guys take your doubts here:

Cheers!