-force-opengl doesn't work in Fullscreen mode (0.90)

This is a Unity bug, and OpenGL is not officially supported as a rendering option by KSP.

So that means squad isn't planning anything to support large amounts of mods on windows and just leaves us behind ?

64bit client isn't really working because of a unity bug, openGL support isn't given (despite the curiosity that mac and linux use it and are supported)... maybe it's me, but i'm missing here a bit of a perspective for the future of large mods...

So that means squad isn't planning anything to support large amounts of mods on windows and just leaves us behind ?

I think you missed something:

This is a Unity bug, and OpenGL is not officially supported as a rendering option by KSP.

Squad have nothing they can do about it from their side when it is a Unity bug. Gotta tell that to the Unity people.

For now, just run it on windowed full screen with -popupwindow, because Open GL still works with that.

I think you missed something:

Squad have nothing they can do about it from their side when it is a Unity bug. Gotta tell that to the Unity people.

For now, just run it on windowed full screen with -popupwindow, because Open GL still works with that.

I didn't miss that, but just saying "uhm.. not our fault so we don't even think about how to solve it or maybe develop another solution to the RAM problem" seems just a bit like going the most easiest way to me... (and if you ask me, if i would pay a ton for an engine that has bugs that prevent me from doing things that the engine should be able to do, i would make unity responsible to get those fixed)

KSP 32bit (on Win7 64bit) with -force-opengl is broken in Fullscreen mode:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/541886693873435932/DCF25F49307858D6595EFC8B0B4C61B8004E8BB9/

That's what i see at the start screen. Window mode works fine, that glitch is only in fullscreen.

Disable fullscreen in KSP and add -force-opengl -popupwindow and watch heavily modded Kerbals in glorious fullscreen.

• 1 month later...

Still not an acceptable option. The graphics look horrible on my rig unless it's in full-screen. Also, the 3D Vision is disabled in window mode. And I can't run these mods without -force-opengl

Works again - KSP 1.02+

Edited by Oinker
--force-opengl works again. mod heaven!

Still not an acceptable option. The graphics look horrible on my rig unless it's in full-screen. Also, the 3D Vision is disabled in window mode. And I can't run these mods without -force-opengl

Not acceptable....? Pretty sure we're still in Beta.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.