Update 0.91 - Update 0.100.0

Hi squad and forum members!

I was browsing the wikipedia article on Kerbal Space Program when i came across this :

Despite being billed as a simulator, Kerbal Space Program contains numerous issues with physics and depth of simulation, diminishing its value as a learning tool.

Notable inaccuracies include the incorrect physics modeling, including lack of N-body simulation, conservation of momentum, phantom forces, impossible densities of planets and an incorrect thrust calculation. Aerodynamics are also modeled incorrectly, the game lacks of reentry heat simulation, all equipment is perfectly reliable, and the game lacks any simulation of life-support, radiation or any of the effects of spaceflight on a living organism.

Now that the game is in Beta stage, i think that some refining should be done on the mentioned aspects of the game, such as:

-Aerodynamics

-Where Drag and Lift of a vessel is properly calculated based on surface area, shape, airflow and speed.

-Reefing of parachutes, and make them realistic so that when they open, the vessel doesn't break apart. Parachutes in KSP are not made of titanium!

-Reentry heat Simulation

-Where re-entry will harm parts, and that heat shields will be implemented

-Graphics

-Please make clouds stock! Allow clouds to be added to some bodies such as laythe , kerbin and duna.

-Auroras should also be added as an aesthetic.

-Better atmospheric modelling! Currently Kerbin's atmosphere doesn't look realistic at all.

-Remodel old parts! Some parts are still left untouched since update 0.18.

-General aesthetics

-Make kerbals leave footsteps, and rover leave rover tracks, and plane leave wheel marks! The residue does not need to be modelled. The texture just needs to be there.

-Some engines leave unrealistic cloud trails. Such as jet engines etc. Remake the trails to make it look better and fade better!

-Jet engine noises sound like a person humming. Also, make the noises change from loud to muffled when transitioning in-between IVA and normal view.

Apart from the refining that needs to be done, i think Kerbal Space Program is complete :)

Squad, if you're reading this, please don't take my above comments as criticism of the work you've been doing! You guys have put in alot of effort into this game and i really appreciate it. I just wish that there would be a little more refining of several aspects of the game!

Thanks

From the [thread=36863]What Not to Suggest List[/thread]:

• Realistic Aerodynamics
  • Reentry Heat
  • Weather features
  • "More parts" or "change X part(s)" in general, without specific suggestions given

I'm paraphrasing a few, but you get the idea.

Most of these are suggested at least once a week. Suggesting them ten times over doesn't do much good, especially when it's little more than a passing remark.

The rest of the suggestions here have merit, but they really should probably be another thread; four out of five responses to this are most likely going to be telling you that the majority of your suggestions are on the WNTS list. For the sake of your other suggestions actually being thoroughly considered, please either make another thread for them, or simply edit out the WNTS items from your suggestion. I doubt this thread will go very far with so many WNTS-listed suggestions at the fore.

Also, pretty much everyone is suggesting some variant of "please make the game look better". If you could be more specific in what you're after, your suggestions would most likely be better received. Anyone can ask for improvements, but taking the time to explain what you think would look better is almost invariably a better way to go. After all, everyone has their own ideas of how some things ought to look.

:)

I'd be fine with a better aerodynamic model and a more realistic and logical tech tree. Starting with aircraft. And maybe a 0.625 SRB. I call it the RT-5R, it's radially mounted and has no connection node on the top. Based on the SRBs used by the Delta II.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.