What do you expect from the next update? (0.91)

This is a carbon copy of the "what do you want in 0.90.0" thread, c'mon guys think of some new stuff!

Which was a copy of the WDYW in .25, which was a copy of WDYW in .24, which was a copy of WDYW in .23...there may be a trend developing here.

I love the features Squad has added (and the 4 dozen or so mods I play with), so I'm not complaining, but the community will always be asking for more and some of those things are clearly not top priorities for Squad.

1. bigger landing gears, wings, bigger orange tank, SRB, landing legs

2. new aero, stock fairings and cargo bays for rockets 2m (for orion service module), 2.5m and 3.75m

3. more adapters for different configurations, those new are awesome, but moar would be "awesomer" ;)

4. more capsules and lander cans, how we can make space program with only two capsules? We have 5 cokpits!!! that is not fair :(

5. larger structural parts, only ~3 meters beams are pretty short, we should have one with orange tank length

As I was saying on the Multi Solar systems... MORE KERBOLS :D

I'll quote my post there :

I have ideas for next, as for me the Warp Drive is either a cheat or should be a single 100000 points node.

So ideas for before the warp drive :

1*/ Adding buildable stargates : we develop the technology for stargates, we use it, and then we're able to build a smaller one, like the warp drive.

--> big heavy parts, hard to get even in LKO.

--> you have to get and assemble them far from the sun in order for it to work, so it's hard to do.

--> requires huge amount of energy, so it's even harder.

2*/ Adding (collapsable ?) wormholes

--> would take you to a random place in the galaxy, allowing you to (maybe?) make your first contact with other stars without the warp drive, and install a first gate.

--> After a certain mass (as in EVE Online wormholes) passing through, it would collapse, and you'd have to find (scanner?) another one, test where it goes, and (maybe?) use it.

3*/ Wormholes generators ?

4*/ TERRAFORMER ?!!!

It appears that the engineer class is only partially implemented. I expect (read greater than 30% chance) that DV and mass values will be displayed in flight if you have a qualified engineer. I would also expect these to be accessible in the hanger.

aerodynamics, reentry heat, life support, make the light in small gear bay use electricity, make all massless parts have mass, remove administration building, fix op strategies, remove contract exploits, add 4 new planets, fix all bugs, add moon to eeloo, add another star system, nerf nervas, add propellers, fairings, hinges, fireworks, fishing minigame...

I would like aerodynamics, fairings, larger wings/gear, 2.5 meter jets/RAPIERs, and IVAs for the Mk3 parts. I think that reentry heat should be added but be a difficulty setting. I also hink hat the evel of aerodynamic realism could be tweaked with difficulty. Easy: Shape based drag, lifting bodys, basic realism. Normal: Mach effects. Hard: Aerodynamic failures a la FAR

Edited by FishInferno

Porkjet never made station parts. That's Nertea.

Now to what I expect. I think we're done with the spaceplane focus of the last two updates. We'll get our promised parts, but further changes to aerodynamics and such will have to wait until other parts of the game are more fleshed out. My guess is that there will be a big overhaul of science. It's the oldest part of career mode and generally disliked for its grindiness and boringness. Squad also wants to make other planets more interesting (ie. do more than just plant a flag). An overhaul could go a long way to fix both those issues and there have been recent changes that could point to that being in the pipeline. The biome overhaul now allows Squad to rebalance science gathering and the Fine Print contracts make satellites and space stations more viable. They might be planning to continue along that path with 0.90.

How might they overhaul science you say? A good way might be to cut down on the number of experiments you'll run, but make each experiment more challenging/interesting to do. Instead of having the Science Jr. do science in space, flight, ground, ocean, etc. that you can easily transmit back, have it be something that you can only get science from by bringing it back to Kerbin or analysing it in a lab. Or have the Gravimeter only work in high orbit, where you have to map the body below. The larger percentage you have mapped when you convert it to a normal transmittable science result, the bigger science payout. A way to make the seismometer interesting would be to make it like the Interstellar mod's impactor probe experiment.

Edited by CaptRobau

How might they overhaul science you say? A good way might be to cut down on the number of experiments you'll run, but make each experiment more challenging/interesting to do. Instead of having the Science Jr. do science in space, flight, ground, ocean, etc. that you can easily transmit back, have it be something that you can only get science from by bringing it back to Kerbin or analysing it in a lab. Or have the Gravimeter only work in high orbit, where you have to map the body below. The larger percentage you have mapped when you convert it to a normal transmittable science result, the bigger science payout. A way to make the seismometer interesting would be to make it like the Interstellar mod's impactor probe experiment.

Making each experiment more interesting would be a plus, e.g, exposing things for different amounts of time gives better results, but I'd rather see more experiments, not less.

It could be fleshed out a lot more, and developed into a system for sustained, not progressive gameplay.

Forgot to add this to above post, but I think it's a nice idea so I wanted to add it: a barometer can be used to map the atmospher. If you get above a certain treshold, you get both science and the ability to get atmospheric trajectory predictions a la the Trajectories mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.