What do you expect from the next update? (0.91)

IMHO playing the career currently reveals how the game is a beta full of ad hoc content which needs to be made into a game.

The parts content and tech tree ordering and mission system dont fit together and need careful crafting to create a sense of logical progression. This is what I would like to see happening in the next iteration.

Currently a majority of missions have ultra low relevancy. The near zero reward procedural part test missions for example just need to go. The missions need to be relevant to the players exploration and rewarding. Why for example are there no EVA missions for science from Kerbin biomes? Because you cant do that with the current tech tree. Conclusion being the tech tree and parts content need developing to allow the mission based play experience to be developed.

For example, where is the low tech ladder system and size 1 crew cabin for ride along scientists to enable that kind of early EVA mission? Also what is the point of having wings and a jet cockpit if you have no aero engines or undercarriage in the same tech tier?

The game has got some ad hoc content but it doesnt nearly have all the stuff it needs to offer the player choices which make sense. It has not yet been thought through as a game experience from the player perspective. So the content to help with this and the missions this enables are what I would like to see coming through, including the barns of course! :)

First, please just fix the bugs. There are bugs still present in .90 which were there back in .21!

I would very much appreciate a singular release (90.1?) which is completely focused on fixing bugs only.

Now, as to new features for 90.2... How about a in-game tech tree editor where a player can create and experiment with tech tree arrangements, node costs, node content, etc. Allow these tech tree configurations to be shared just like .craft files. Think of the possibilities!!!!

Edited by Wallygator
added title

Polishing of existing features.

Lots of it.

100% Agree. We need polishing, performance/balance tweaks. Memory usage/leak fixes. Mods can be used for new content. Minor content updates fine but there are so many other things that need attention before adding even more unpolished content.

Being KSP is now in Beta I expect to see the concentration in polish/performance for final release.

I suggested a editable tech tree a long time ago. Its nice to see someone else thinks so. Id like to be able to unlock a node and then get contracts for testing parts in those nodes before I can use them. Instead of just paying money. Thankfully we are now much more likely to get polish on systems now that the core of the game 'exists'.

100% Agree. We need polishing, performance/balance tweaks. Memory usage/leak fixes. Mods can be used for new content. Minor content updates fine but there are so many other things that need attention before adding even more unpolished content.

Being KSP is now in Beta I expect to see the concentration in polish/performance for final release.

I agree! Maybe a few features down the road would be fine but too many and the game would be hard to run on good computers and impossible on poor computers. I'm happy with all the features we have now; all I want is the game to run soother and have the RAM issues fixed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.