[0.90] Working Multiple Star Systems(WITH PLANETS!)

Duracelle

Career Works!

Updated for 0.90 Thanks Medsouz!

Combining the wonderful work or Kragathea, Dooz, Medsouz and OvenProofMars, this mod adds two more stars with their own planetary systems to the game, and a black hole! I have tweaked them to work together into a huge expansion of the kerbal universe

Finally a reason to use interstellar drives(though conventional rockets work too, if you don't mind a 60 year transit)

Album22 images)http://imgur.com/a/RIeSj

dQ5HbHA.jpg

BAtzID6.jpg

p4L8FUA.jpg

OjXXtiU.jpg

hlpzX19.jpg

v8esyPW.jpg

I'd call it semi-Stable, it works, there are bugs(minor imo, i have been playing with it without any game breaking stuff, but please, use quicksaves), i have no plans on fixing them, as i'm a mom with 2 kids, so time is a premium, and i have next to zero programming knowledge, so i wouldn't know where to start.

Known Bugs

For some reason when you first launch a rocket it flings your ship into oblivion. if this happens(or it just explodes) REVERT TO VAB AND LAUNCH AGAIN it will resolve it self.

Career was wonky. Kerbin stuff all works, and i wasn't getting any dumb contracts up to tier 5 tech, but if it tells you to go to another star, or land on the sun, before you think you can, take a page out of the first version of Fine Print. just reject the contract.

Future plans

-port over to Kopernicus when it's done

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

1. Install Active textrue management{link below} YOU MUST DO THIS if you want any other mods to work with it, you know, like interstellar.

2. (optional) install EVE(link below)

3. Drag the GameData folder from the mod into your KSP root folder, replace any conflicts.

4. On start up, make sure that both the Kaiser Sytsem and the Sentar System are checked or their planets will not load.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Contains the work of Kragathea for Planet Factory Creator Edition: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65401-WIP-PlanetFactory-CE

Dooz's Kaiser system: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77711-23-Dooz-s-Kaiser-System-Planet-Pack-For-PF-CE

and OvenProofMars And Medsouz for the Multiple Star Systems: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99353-0-90-StarSystems-v0-7-%28Dec-15%29-Under-New-Managment?p=1526154#post1526154

MASSIVE in RAM usage, use with ATM 4.0. Seriously, if you sneeze on this without ATM, you will crash.

ATM IS REQUIRED If you want any other mods to work.. Find it here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-25-Release-4-2-Dec-10-2014-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM!

contains files for use with Environmental Enhancement, if you want EVE installed install it FIRST

EVE is not required, but reccomended: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55905-0-24-7-4-Sep-9-2014-EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

Licence is pretty open, Krag's stuff is GPL, and the Kaiser System and the Multiple solar system stuff is CC-BY-SA-NC

the Planet Factory .cfgs are my edits, and follow the same CC-BY-SA-NC

Support

I'm a mom with 2 kids, and far from a programmer. I can help with install issues(maybe) but when it comes to code, i barely know what i did in the first place. if you find a way to make it more stable, then that's great!, let me know, i'll implement changes and credit your work!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DOWNLOAD

Curse:http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/226201-working-multiple-star-systems

KerbalStuff: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/410/Working%20Multiple%20Stars%20with%20Planets

Edited by Duracelle
Career works!

just downloaded and about to install to .90 on my Linux KSP so need for worrying about crashes. btw, do these things have biomes? because you know that biomes are what makes Kerbals fly to other planets in the first place, yeah?

just downloaded and about to install to .90 on my Linux KSP so need for worrying about crashes. btw, do these things have biomes? because you know that biomes are what makes Kerbals fly to other planets in the first place, yeah?

yes ish.

not the level that they are on other planets, but for example the habitable planet around Dolas has Grasslands etc. I haven't tested them extensively, so i don't want to say definitively.

Seeing how until yesterday no planets but the Kerbin system had biomes, I find that to be false.

Seeing how until yesterday no planets but the Kerbin system had biomes, I find that to be false.

that my dear sir, is stock logic. in that case, you have me by the short and hairies.

otherwise ya'll know there's a mod like custom biomes, right? :)

yes ish.

not the level that they are on other planets, but for example the habitable planet around Dolas has Grasslands etc. I haven't tested them extensively, so i don't want to say definitively.

Cheers Duracelle. Even if the planets are mono-biomed, it's enough to warrant a pilgrimage or two in order to, as you already stated, make use of the interstellar technology. Just have to wait until it's updated to .90 though. :)

It is updated! This is the 0.90 release!

Edit. Oh you mean interstellar!

If you don't mind long burns and huge ships, you can use conventional rockets too! (Bring a refueling ship!)

It's about 60 years to dolas!

Edited by Duracelle

The most awesome mod for KSP. The thing it needed the most IMO.

Info for Windows users : I'm running this mod, along with others, on a x64 version, on Linux --> total process is around 7.3 Go. I played for 4 hours with no crashes so far.

KSP, you made me use Linux as a main OS <3

I have ideas for next, as for me the Warp Drive is either a cheat or should be a single 100000 points node.

So ideas for before the warp drive :

1*/ Adding buildable stargates : we develop the technology for stargates, we use it, and then we're able to build a smaller one, like the warp drive.

--> big heavy parts, hard to get even in LKO.

--> you have to get and assemble them far from the sun in order for it to work, so it's hard to do.

--> requires huge amount of energy, so it's even harder.

2*/ Adding (collapsable ?) wormholes

--> would take you to a random place in the galaxy, allowing you to (maybe?) make your first contact with other stars without the warp drive, and install a first gate.

--> After a certain mass (as in EVE Online wormholes) passing through, it would collapse, and you'd have to find (scanner?) another one, test where it goes, and (maybe?) use it.

3*/ Wormholes generators ?

4*/ TERRAFORMER ?!!!

Ok, I will stop here. But hey, the first two were serious :D

Edited by Klakh
Added stuff

Okay. I have COMPLAINTS INCOMING:

First: This is incompatible with Career because of PFCE.

Second: PFCE is outdated junk, you should really use PFREV (my mod) and just modify the Kopernicus system.cfg to add Corbo and Dolas, once RSS is updated.

Third: Did you ask the creators of these mods before just scooping them up just because their licenses permit it?

Finally, why does everyone worship an outdated RAM-gobbler and not my wonderful replacement?

First, works in career for me and others... Not sure what would make it incompatible.

Second, PFCE is what one of the original creators suggested

Third, all creators who are around(everyone but krag) have been cool with this, and one even helped update it for 0.90, so yeah, they're ok with it.

I figured out how to make PFREV add new planets to new stars, Duracelle. What I did was have Kopernicus set them to orbit "Sun", but a ModuleManager patch for StarSystems moves them to new stars.

I didn't set them to just orbit the new stars because then they don't show up.

Okay. I have COMPLAINTS INCOMING:

First: This is incompatible with Career because of PFCE.

Second: PFCE is outdated junk, you should really use PFREV (my mod) and just modify the Kopernicus system.cfg to add Corbo and Dolas, once RSS is updated.

Third: Did you ask the creators of these mods before just scooping them up just because their licenses permit it?

Finally, why does everyone worship an outdated RAM-gobbler and not my wonderful replacement?

Oh, let's look at that: "Requires RealSolarSystem." Nope, I'm out. Did not care for that one at all.

Shouldn't be hijacking other people's threads to shill your own.

If it uses rss, I'm out. Rss is limited to the number of planets, not does it support multiple light sources for solar arrays, etc.

This mod adds nearly 3x the stock planets, and has a better light system. Plus RSS planets aren't the highest quality, or in the ksp art style.

If it uses rss, I'm out. Rss is limited to the number of planets, not does it support multiple light sources for solar arrays, etc.

This mod adds nearly 3x the stock planets, and has a better light system. Plus RSS planets aren't the highest quality, or in the ksp art style.

It actually does work with StarSystems.

And OMG IT DOES NOT MAKE REAL PLANETS!

It actually does work with StarSystems.

And OMG IT DOES NOT MAKE REAL PLANETS!

But it IS limited to a stock number if planets, as it edits the stock planets, this leaves the stock system intact and only adds new planets, about 3x as many.

Your mod is cool, it's not what I was looking for.

But it IS limited to a stock number if planets, as it edits the stock planets, this leaves the stock system intact and only adds new planets, about 3x as many.

Your mod is cool, it's not what I was looking for.

Omg...

IT. DOES. NOT. EDIT. THE. STOCK. PLANETS. IN. ANY. WAY.

Did you even look at the configs?

Everyone, stop the negativity, wisecracks, and remarks. You're worshiping a dead idol. Using it is pointless, and it essentially ruins Career Mode. Insulting me when I try to make a new version is an awful thing to do to a kid who isn't even in high school and at least is creating some original ​planets (Yes, I will be adding a Chariklo analog in the new version), and started with just textures and orbital parameters, and is not just a config file editor who prowls the forums, immediately jumping to conclusions on dependencies, and taking stuff from mods as soon as their licenses change. Kaiser's license changed because I asked for it in order to add it to my mod, not for a bunch of newbies to take the whole thing, edit some parameters, and slap their name on it.

I will implement compatibility with StarSystems as soon as I get the planets to actually load again. Many new planet packs are in progress.

Sorry for the anger, but I cannot deal with a bunch of people immediately thinking "it requires RSS, so all the planets are resized, so I don't want to install, duhhhh". Plenty of mods use RSS for simple things other than resizing planets, like KSPRC and BetterAtmospheres.

Edited by _Augustus_

Maybe not, but like I said, I'd like to port this to kopernicus eventually, but kopernicus isn't up to the standard I want. I chose the mods I know, and could manipulate, and that I got to work. You should release what you made when it's done, and do so separately. There's room for more than just my mod here :)

i don't have the luxury of time to change direction.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.