[0.90] Working Multiple Star Systems(WITH PLANETS!)

Duracelle

I think everybody needs to take a deep breath.

PgOlfQg.jpg

EDIT: Duracelle, for the record, RSS runs at main menu and can edit any and all planets that exist at main menu. You add two dozen? RSS can edit 'em. Assuming they're added properly (as Kopernicus does).

Edited by NathanKell

http://i.imgur.com/PgOlfQg.jpg

EDIT: Duracelle, for the record, RSS runs at main menu and can edit any and all planets that exist at main menu. You add two dozen? RSS can edit 'em. Assuming they're added properly (as Kopernicus does).

Nathan, on a side note, my planets aren't loading all of a sudden. Could you look at Kopernicus' code and figure out why?

huh. still a lot more time for me to try and port this stuff over. maybe a future version.

Great mod, but looks incompatible with career: parts test contracts are offered for CZF30 planet, not for Kerbin. Is there a way to fix that?
good question. are they working on kerbin still and it's a naming issue? or are they requiring work on CZF30?

Looks great! Oh the wonderful era of planet modding. Not sarcasm

About CZF30 and the Weird contracts the thing Is that PF uses a hack duplicating all properties of the template planet cloning it and then allowing you to modify somethings such as orbit and name and terrain, CZF30 is based off kerbin meaning that the game thinks CZF30 Is kerbin so you get crazy impossible contracts hope this answers your questions about contracts.

Edited by Dooz

Yeah, the why is nailed down pretty well, it's the how that I'm stumped on. Not sure how to exclude the PF stuff from early difficulties, and tie it to late game tech. Running right now with an attempt to make it all 'forbidden' for now.

Perhaps in the code for CZF30 there is still a parameter named "kerbin" that is messing up the contract. I'm not good at coding but you could try talking to the creator of Fine Print as his mod was worked into the vanilla game, he should know how to fix this problem.

Changing CZF's template to Laythe would fix the issues.

Same with all planet packs that contain Kerbin dupes.

Thought of that. Problem there is it will make kerbin contracts work just fine, BUT it will cause the same issue with Laythe later in the game. It will fix early game stuff, but break late game even worse.

Also as Erin is a Laythe clone, I'm not sure how it will handle the conflict there.

im looking for a way to either forbid the PF stuff from contracts altogether, or to reprioritise the order the game looks at the clones, so that it will see kerbin before CZF. Unfortunately it's not as simple as alphabetical order, lol!

Thought of that. Problem there is it will make kerbin contracts work just fine, BUT it will cause the same issue with Laythe later in the game. It will fix early game stuff, but break late game even worse.

Also as Erin is a Laythe clone, I'm not sure how it will handle the conflict there.

im looking for a way to either forbid the PF stuff from contracts altogether, or to reprioritise the order the game looks at the clones, so that it will see kerbin before CZF. Unfortunately it's not as simple as alphabetical order, lol!

Kopernicus has appeared to work with contracts without problems. Unfortunately I have no way to test it in 0.90 because something with 0.90's code makes it never even see the configs for the new planets.

There is a boolean for every CelestialBody called "isHomeWorld", this is probably still set to true in all kerbin based planets.

damn, no go. sorry medsouz

actually, yours, in concert with Agustus', along with dragging the kaiser data into the main PF folder, and then editing the .system to have the planets ordered correctly, seems to have done it.

haven't run into any later stuff yet either... fingers crossed.

Edited by Duracelle

damn, no go. sorry medsouz

actually, yours, in concert with Agustus', along with dragging the kaiser data into the main PF folder, and then editing the .system to have the planets ordered correctly, seems to have done it.

haven't run into any later stuff yet either... fingers crossed.

Its part of KSP's code, PlanetFactory doesn't support it. :(

The issue is that Planet Factory does not properly insert *new* celestial bodies. It's a hack, it's always had issues, but the issues are more and more coming to the fore. Kopernicus does actually do things properly, but its main authors are students who are very busy with their studies right now, and I don't have time to contribute either. :\

Regarding Kerbin in particular, there are in fact *two* different variables for determining homeworld, the isHomeworld one, as well as a ref in Planetarium (home), the problem is that KSP doesn't (or doesn't always) actually *use* them. Instead it checks for a body named "Kerbin". <<< that's why RSS doesn't change planet names, because so much is hardcoded.

The issue is that Planet Factory does not properly insert *new* celestial bodies. It's a hack, it's always had issues, but the issues are more and more coming to the fore. Kopernicus does actually do things properly, but its main authors are students who are very busy with their studies right now, and I don't have time to contribute either. :\

Regarding Kerbin in particular, there are in fact *two* different variables for determining homeworld, the isHomeworld one, as well as a ref in Planetarium (home), the problem is that KSP doesn't (or doesn't always) actually *use* them. Instead it checks for a body named "Kerbin". <<< that's why RSS doesn't change planet names, because so much is hardcoded.

this is why, eventually, i want to move over to kopernicus. unfortunately, i want to make sure it's done(and working) before doing so, so that i as easy of a time as possible.

one day.

otherwise, i seem to have it sorted, at least for the kerbin stuff.

people can cancel absurd late game contracts. for now.

what really irks me is that Kerbin is labeled as Kerbin, as the game looks for Kerbin most of the time. it seems like JUST THIS ONE THING, it's looking for something else.

Edited by Duracelle

Had a really weird bug happen when I tried WMSS yesterday. Kerbin was inside a copy of the default Sun, and whenever I left Kerbin's sphere of influence my craft would crash into the surface of the sun. Nothing crashed, and I could stay within the sphere of influence, but if I tried to go to Minimus I'd just crash.

Figuring transfer dates/phase angles for optimal interstellar Hohmann transfers should be... interesting. Great looking mod.

PSA; I installed Hyperedit and Precise Node in addition to this and *appear* to be good w/o ATM. If I start crashing, I'll inform you guys.

EDIT: Well that's convenient. Thanks for putting Dolas in the right position for an easy Hohmann transfer right away.

Edited by Jodo42

Had a really weird bug happen when I tried WMSS yesterday. Kerbin was inside a copy of the default Sun, and whenever I left Kerbin's sphere of influence my craft would crash into the surface of the sun. Nothing crashed, and I could stay within the sphere of influence, but if I tried to go to Minimus I'd just crash.

let me take a look, that sounds very strange.

it might be related to that known issue for a first launch.

were you tossed into oblivion at the start of your first launch?

if yes, try reverting to VAB :( i know you were far in, but it should fix any issue like that, and it's a one time, per opening of the game thing. irritating, but i don't know how to get rid of it.

also, new version is up

Edited by Duracelle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.