[0.90] Working Multiple Star Systems(WITH PLANETS!)

Duracelle

Does this work with Final Frontiers? I remember there were issues with another mod that added extra planets etc. due to conflicts with FF.

Not sure what FF is, sorry. I haven't tested any comparability outside this, B9, interstellar and better atmospheres. You are welcone to try, but back up stuff first!

Duracelle,

did I see you say somewhere that interstellar is working in 0.90? I don't mean to take the thread off topic, but did you do anything special to get KSPI working?

Thanks,

It hasn't given me issues, but honestly I haven't tested it extensively. The warp drive radiator, electric generator and green reactors worked, and that's all I was using in sandbox, as it's all that applied to this mod for me. I didnt test anything else.

By compatible, I meant it didn't hurt my install of this mod.

Why have I been refraining? This mod is awesome!

EDIT: I just remembered, I have one question. Even after following the installation instructions, the other solar systems still do not appear. Are there any other mods I need to install prior to this one to get it to work, aside from EVE or ATM?

Edited by Thomas988

Why have I been refraining? This mod is awesome!

EDIT: I just remembered, I have one question. Even after following the installation instructions, the other solar systems still do not appear. Are there any other mods I need to install prior to this one to get it to work, aside from EVE or ATM?

no other mods other than ATM are required, and EVE is just recommended. Are you running any other mods? such as Kopernicus? something else may be breaking it.

if they aren't showing up, i'm 99% certain it's going to be an install issue. I posted this for someone else who ended up installing on a clean install and it worked.

1. on the loading screen(the one where Jeb Bill and Bob show up, the initial one with the yellow loading bar) there will be a unity action window(grey, round corners, transparent)

it will have a picture of some planets and two options "Sentar Expansion" and "Kaiser System"

beside each one will be a check box, make sure that both are 'checked' the inside of the box should turn white. this turns them on.

if this box isn't showing up, you likely installed into the wrong folder for that, see step 2

2. installed into the wrong folder. make sure that you drag and drop the GameData folder contained in the .zip into your KSP directory(for me it's ...steam>steamapps>common>KerbalSpaceProgram) drop it there, not into the already existing GameData folder, as you want to merge them.

you can tell if it installed correctly by opening your existing GameData folder at ...KerbalSpaceProgram>GameData and looking for the folders: PlanetFactory and Star Systems. if neither, or only one, are there, retry your install.

3. Finally, make sure you are running KSP 0.90, and if that fails, try a clean install(never hurts)

if none of that fixes it, let me know!

if nothing there is working, can you do me a favour and post a screenshot of your KSP directory?

Hello

I have a question. Is the black hole a real body or just a point of mass? I´m asking because I wasn´t able to have a look at it, also had some issue with Mechjeb, having no reference object while flying between Kerbolsystem and another system.

black hole is a real body. it's a 'star' in the middle. it's just small and has 77000 solar masses. when on the map screen hit tab to cycle targets, until you reach it. then zoom in to have a look.

if nothing there is working, can you do me a favour and post a screenshot of your KSP directory?

Sadly, even after I completely reinstalled my modded KSP install it still is not working. I have no other mods in use. Here are some pics of my KSP directory and GameData folder.

y9Rf4PU.png

7V4iskE.png

After I installed the mod I launched a craft to LKO and then--I think what happened--is that my vessel stopped moving around Kerbol, but Kerbin didn't, if that makes any sense. So my orbit became more and more eccentric around Kerbin (apoapsis increased, periapsis decreased to the point where it was below zero), and then the vessel exploded. After I left the atmosphere, the tail fins turned and the engine fired up, but the vessel wouldn't rotate or accelerate. The same thing happened again after restart. Vessel was stock. The vessel was behaving like a planet (like it was on rails) so that made me think it might be a planets issue... I have a few mods installed, not many, mostly Roverdude's stuff, KAS, Porkjet, TAC LS, Mechjeb. Any clues....?

Edited by KBluey

After I installed the mod I launched a craft to LKO and then--I think what happened--is that my vessel stopped moving around Kerbol, but Kerbin didn't, if that makes any sense. So my orbit became more and more eccentric around Kerbin (apoapsis increased, periapsis decreased to the point where it was below zero), and then the vessel exploded. After I left the atmosphere, the tail fins turned and the engine fired up, but the vessel wouldn't rotate or accelerate. The same thing happened again after restart. Vessel was stock. The vessel was behaving like a planet (like it was on rails) so that made me think it might be a planets issue... I have a few mods installed, not many, mostly Roverdude's stuff, KAS, Porkjet, TAC LS, Mechjeb. Any clues....?
i haven't had any conflicts with mods, but who knows? i know very little about how things will interact.

as to what happens, try loading the game, going the the launch pad, and then reverting back to the VAB even if you have started in apparently the right spot. then launch again.

this has solved any actual physics weirdness for me so far.

also when you first start the game, go to the tracking station, and make sure everything is where it should be first.

Sadly, even after I completely reinstalled my modded KSP install it still is not working. I have no other mods in use. Here are some pics of my KSP directory and GameData folder.

http://i.imgur.com/y9Rf4PU.png

http://i.imgur.com/7V4iskE.png

definately looks right... that is really really strange.

you installed everything else first and then this right?(not that it should impact that) and have the planet's turned on?

if so, i'm at a total loss.

i haven't had any conflicts with mods, but who knows? i know very little about how things will interact.

as to what happens, try loading the game, going the the launch pad, and then reverting back to the VAB even if you have started in apparently the right spot. then launch again.

this has solved any actual physics weirdness for me so far.

also when you first start the game, go to the tracking station, and make sure everything is where it should be first.

Aha! This was caused by an outdated version of Asteroid Mining Technologies posted on Roverdude's Github. I'll let him know.

I got really excited to try this mod. Though, it doesn't work on Linux. I have tried {0.25, 0.90} x {32b, 64b} versions but all the time the loading screen shows this:

http://us.halt.cz/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=1eb71f5ec2ef32cf4790af1918233b28

After the game is loaded, the planet factory log shows this exception:

http://us.halt.cz/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=f837b968c682fcb042d497230d4598ad

Only mod i tried it with is the interstellar (w/o makes no difference)

I can do some debugging if you want and tell me how to do it :)

I got really excited to try this mod. Though, it doesn't work on Linux.

I can confirm that it does, in fact, work on linux. It works wonderfully alongside a plethora of other mods. The only issue I have is that sometimes when I go to the launchpad, it seems like KSP forgets where I am in the universe and the launchpad appears in space. I have never actually tried launching like this. It's easily fixed by going into the tracking station and back into the VAB and relaunching. Also it has an issue with Remotetech. If I shut down the game and go back in my sattelites end up orbiting blacky kerman.

I got really excited to try this mod. Though, it doesn't work on Linux. I have tried {0.25, 0.90} x {32b, 64b} versions but all the time the loading screen shows this:

http://us.halt.cz/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=1eb71f5ec2ef32cf4790af1918233b28

After the game is loaded, the planet factory log shows this exception:

http://us.halt.cz/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=f837b968c682fcb042d497230d4598ad

Only mod i tried it with is the interstellar (w/o makes no difference)

I can do some debugging if you want and tell me how to do it :)

interesting. the first people to get it working had it working on linux without ATM. perhaps try without Active texture management? unless you didn't install that either.

no idea how to debug, sorry

Im having this problem when I launch a vessel, this view greets me. Stagelock is on and cannot be turned off. No IVA/EVA buttons appear when I put mouse over the kerbal's camera.

T6qgagk.png

This happens when launching from VAB or SPH.

Zoomed out

zkropgK.png

Mapview

cnjek3u.png

Edited by Shurikeeen

Im having a ton of issues with conflicts of other mods. Im running windows 8.1. I can get planet factory to work, but at the cost of not being able to use a lot of other mods. Using CKAN mod manager or even installing mods manually, this mod breaks the game on certain mods. As of now, when I install Mech Jeb, KW rocketry to name a few, the game breaks. I installed this mod first, then loaded up one or two mods, started the game, and once everything loads, its CTD. Im not complaining, just letting you know that this mod is not playing nice with a lot of other mods on my computer. Ive spent about 3 hours installing mods one at a time and trying many different things and to no luck.

I can confirm that it does, in fact, work on linux. It works wonderfully alongside a plethora of other mods. The only issue I have is that sometimes when I go to the launchpad, it seems like KSP forgets where I am in the universe and the launchpad appears in space. I have never actually tried launching like this. It's easily fixed by going into the tracking station and back into the VAB and relaunching. Also it has an issue with Remotetech. If I shut down the game and go back in my sattelites end up orbiting blacky kerman.

That's great. Will have to try on different distro later (i use the bleeding edge vs of everything). I forgot to mention that it fails on my integrated Intel graphics card on laptop. I may try to get the AMD drivers working again, they make much more heat and drain batteries, though. Surprisingly, KSP doesn't benefit from the much more powerful dedicated AMD card and with minecraft they're only 2 games i play at all, so i don't ever switch to AMD drivers as they like to break things with new kernels and stuff.

Anyway, i just tried installing it on my main computer at home and it indeed runs fine on both Debian wheezy and Windows.

It's awesome!

Im having this problem when I launch a vessel, this view greets me. Stagelock is on and cannot be turned off. No IVA/EVA buttons appear when I put mouse over the kerbal's camera.

http://i.imgur.com/T6qgagk.png

This happens when launching from VAB or SPH.

Zoomed out

http://i.imgur.com/zkropgK.png

Mapview

http://i.imgur.com/cnjek3u.png

This is one that's under known issues, if you hit revert to VAB/SPH, and launch again, it SHOULD resolve.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.