[0.90] Working Multiple Star Systems(WITH PLANETS!)

Duracelle

I really would love for this to happen in kopernicus.

I just simply don't have the time, skill or patience to take it much further than this.

if people want to port it PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do. I would love you forever, and used it every day.

Can't be done.

Kopernicus doesn't allow stars to work anymore.

I really would love for this to happen in kopernicus.

I just simply don't have the time, skill or patience to take it much further than this.

if people want to port it PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do. I would love you forever, and used it every day.

_Augustus_ is porting the PF planets to KopernicusTech. It will take some time though. Also there are some problems with stars.

Hi there, I just did a fresh install and fail to see anything new with the observatory.

Yet, the mod seems to load properly when I start the game

This seems to happen with module manager 2.5.9. You have to use the module manager, which is in the download from this mod. (At least it was like this one month before)

I had that too :D

hye very nice looking mod

but have a few questions (problems i have with it)

is it possible that the SOI of the black hole goes thrue the SOI of kerbin , cause every ship i have launched even in LKO gets pulled away in to an orbit around the black hole as soon as i go the the space center. and end up in a close orbit around the black hole or a high orbit at the altitude of the kerbol system.

I have checked my module manager its alright.

i am using other mods but no mods that could have inte

That's not SOI or a gravity problem. It seems to be KSP forgetting which planet it's orbiting (it technically replaces Kerbin and swaps it with the "new" kerbin and solar systems, so the game gets confused and tries to place the ships in the old location of kerbin... :( ).

That's not SOI or a gravity problem. It seems to be KSP forgetting which planet it's orbiting (it technically replaces Kerbin and swaps it with the "new" kerbin and solar systems, so the game gets confused and tries to place the ships in the old location of kerbin... :( ).

yes i see that now, Also i have done a fresh install and its perfectly playable the problem is gone

but on the other hand i would love to play this with other mods so i went testing with the big 5 and have stated it collides wit most of them as soon as u put in a bigger part pack its not playable and full of bugs.

interstellar : cause of the problem i discriped earlyer, only mod i have it with, NO GO (suggestion ; could be the warpplugin?)

B9 : throw in to space on launch and problems with navball , DOABLE

KW : no problems

KAX : same as B9, Doable

near future series mods : same as B9, Doable

stock : no problem

This mod is full of potential and i hope they keep working on it or maybe get other modders to help.

sidenote : my systemspecs def. not causing the problems...... my pc eats these mods for breakfast

Hey All, I have the mod working in 64bit Ubuntu - but only with the mod manager that came with it. Breaks my Renaissance compilation clouds, sigh.

I am having one odd issue that I haven't found any posts on...that is: When I exit KSP with something in Kerbol and then relaunch the game - these items are in orbit of the black hole. It is a long way to go to fetch anti-matter from my formerly convenient orbital factory.

Any thoughts on how I can stop this? Better yet, un-move them?

Screenshot%20from%202015-03-17%20174821_zpsxqrguui0.png

As mentioned, everyone getting the "orbiting black hole" bug, it seems unfixable at the moment unless a mod developer looks at it again. As it seems the game forgets Kerbin is in a different place, and puts the rockets "back" where it thinks the planets should be without the mod.

I am having one odd issue that I haven't found any posts on...that is: When I exit KSP with something in Kerbol and then relaunch the game - these items are in orbit of the black hole. It is a long way to go to fetch anti-matter from my formerly convenient orbital factory.

Any thoughts on how I can stop this? Better yet, un-move them?

Don't know how to stop the problem from happening in the first place, but it's pretty easy to fix. You just need to make a quicksave and then edit the quicksave.sfs file to put them in the proper orbits and then load that quicksave. Here's two super quick, good guides on all the variables you need to worry about:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63278-Perfect-Satellite-Orbits-%28Or-how-to-Hyper-Edit-without-Hyper-Edit%29

This will also be able to fix the contract bug where EVA kerbals you need to rescue orbit the black hole instead of orbiting Kerbin.

Edit: To clarify, you need to set REF to 1 if you want things orbiting Kerbin. 0 seems to be the black hole, and I don't know what values are equal to other planets. I'll try to get around to figuring those out eventually (and I'll share here) but if anyone with some spare time and an abundance of suicidal Kerbals does it before I do, much appreciated.

Edit2: Make sure to use Notepad++ to open those files, not whatever text program you already have. There are some special characters in those files that the normal wordpad or whatever will mess up.

Edited by FatherLawrence
clarification

Hi there, I just did a fresh install and fail to see anything new with the observatory.

Yet, the mod seems to load properly when I start the game

This seems to happen with module manager 2.5.9. You have to use the module manager, which is in the download from this mod. (At least it was like this one month before)

I had that too :D

I'm getting a similar issue. Problem is I'm pretty sure I need the newer ModuleManager dll for some of the newer mods. So, what's happening with me is one of the following options;

Run with MM2.5.10 -> Game works, no extra star/planet systems

Run with MM2.5.4 -> Game never finishes loading (trust me, I've waited a LOOOONG time)

Run with both 2.5.4 & 2.5.10 -> Game gets part way through loading, then crashes out

The thing is, I thought MM was supposed to be backwards compatible, so this *should* work in the later MMs

Anyway, not expecting a fix, just thought I'd put this up for reference for anyone else having similar issues.

Any news on porting this over to kopernicus tech?

Actually, quite a bit. Thomas P. posted an image showing a solely-KopernicusTech StarSystems port. Shortly after, one of the developers got his hands on the code and reports everything is looking really good. Currently it is confirmed we are able to change the size of stars, but not colors, so hopefully more features will be given in the future.

Of course, this StarSystems fix has not been integrated into the core KopernicusTech mod, so I am still waiting for that to be released.

Here is the Kopernicus thread and the KopernicusTech thread, if you're curious for further reading.

I installed this but it turned the Sun into the black hole instead, and no other stars appear.

iEcFDcA.png

I95saCn.png

21NZOo3.png

Is this a known issue? I have a ton of mods so it might be conflicting with something. Maybe the outer solar system mod is messing with it? I don't know.

Is there a way to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble getting this to work. I have ATM installed, plugged in the mod files, and the planets still aren't showing up. Are there any common mods that aren't compatible?

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.