Is your KSP Win x64 Stable? Lets Compaire Notes.

Eskandare

So far so good, with the exception of upgradeable KSC complex buildings, Windows KSP x64 appears to run more stable then then .24 and ridiculously more stable then .25. Anyone else try x64 on windows?

Edited by Eskandare
spelling

Not on 0.90, but yes on 0.25. I've never once had an issue with it that couldnt be traced to mod interactions. As such, I demand support same as anyone running 32 bit and scoff at anyone who says win64 is unstable.

Now . . . . if you want unstable, force DirectX11. It'll cut your mem usage in half AT LEAST, but is guaranteed to make your game nuclear unstable.

So far so good, with the exception of upgradeable KSC complex buildings, Windows KSP x64 appears to run more stable then then .24 and ridiculously more stable then .25. Anyone else try x64 on windows?

Are we talking vanilla installs, or with mods?

Are we talking vanilla installs, or with mods?

So far I am running very stable with and without mods. Some mods are too legacy to be compatible so obviously it will crash. So far with what is currently updated it runs very smooth.

Not on 0.90, but yes on 0.25. I've never once had an issue with it that couldnt be traced to mod interactions. As such, I demand support same as anyone running 32 bit and scoff at anyone who says win64 is unstable.

Now . . . . if you want unstable, force DirectX11. It'll cut your mem usage in half AT LEAST, but is guaranteed to make your game nuclear unstable.

Why would i want to run DX 11 anyway? KSP doesn't have anything that requires DX 11?

I just started once with x64 and that was for seeing that the unity version is not properly able to handle non native resolutions with SLI sourrund systems in fullscreen.

But I'm really curious about your reports with some heavy modded games in x64.

It takes ages to load and I have a butyl pad of mods, but it plays smoothly. The real issue is when a ship gets blown up or something; the game refuses to revert to launch, go to space center or even quick-load so I have to restart. Of courser this might happen in x32 as well but that is utterly impossible to actually start so that's a moot point really.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.