[.90] WIP: ReStock Reloaded updating for KSP .90

Galane

Working on tracking down all the changes that need to be made to adapt to where SQUAD moved various things. I just installed KSP .90 then dropped in Restock and launched KSP to see if any of the parts showed up. Mostly didn't. The Rockomax and Kerbodyne sized multi-adapters are in inventory, so are the two 5-way RCS blocks, but many are not due to SQUAD choosing to rename and relocate a whole bunch of folders.

ReStock Reloaded will be renamed ReStock Ninety. Why? If SQUAD can change path names and other things, so can I! ;)

Tonight's preliminary, and untested, fixings download here. Link for .25 is in my sig. If for some reason you want this for older KSP versions, substitute ReStockReloaded.rar

Changed a bunch of paths. Re-categorized all (I think) engines and fuel tanks. Still need to re-path tanks and others. Also added some new stuff from modules in the stock parts to some ReStock parts.

VTOL jet engine block needs some work to put the engines back into contact with the blocky part. (Leftover problem .25 introduced.)

Fat Nuke now has an alternator function, but not the Short Nuke. Looks like some more plane parts (cockpits, adapters) may get deprecated.

I'd love to have everything fully up with tech tree and tweakable functionality, but for that I don't have much clue, especially tweakables. (Yes, this is a cry for help...)

Anyone want to help whip this cfg pack into shape, to make it good for Official Release?

I dug though the files and have most of the parts showing up and should even be in proper categories. The VTOL jet engine block's nozzles should no longer be hovering detached below its body. I put Tech Required and Entry Cost on every part I edited. If you think the costs need adjusted, please let me know.

Updated RAR file uploaded. Bug reports please!

I gave up on the MK2 Dual Adapter. SPP has a Bi Coupler/fuel tank that does essentially the same thing. If you used this part in .24 or before, try a search and replace in your craft, save and persistent files. No warranty expressed or implied that things won't kaboom. If you want to have a go at making a replacement using the SPP part, let me know if you get it to work. Hrmmm, might work to simply make a copy of bicoupler.cfg with a little name change edit and drop it into the same folder.

The small drop tank and big airliner wing are there but not displaying the fuselage section. I need to find how to reference a specific stock part that's been lumped into one folder with other parts.

Edited by Galane

More parts fixed, more parts added! Use new link in signature. Some things may get back-ported to .25, possibly, maybe. Or you could just study the .cfg files and make them yourself. If you make or fix something for this pack, please post it so it can be included in the download. :)

Be aware that there's something hinky with some node positions. I had to adjust the positions of the drop tank end caps again in .90, after having to adjust them going from .24 to .25. Be bold! Experiment!

The chief engineer/janitor at Alan Aerospace Recycling & Packaging has gone even crazier. First he created a double capacity version of the Small Drop Tank. That one appears to be useful.

Then he reprogrammed the CNC equipment to produce an adapter from the ThunderMax tanks to two Rockomax stacks. We're not sure what that will be good for.

We've laid out a rough sketch of a ThunderMax to three Rockomax size adapter and some snacks by the CNC mill, and a sticky note with ThunderMaximus too? scribbled in chartreuse crayon to see what he'll do next.

Very important README for some parts to work. This is also included in the ReStock90.rar download.

For the Large and Small drop tanks, the Flip Fantasia Airliner Wing and ThunderMax Interstage adapter to work, you must COPY four stock part files to these locations.

Copy mk1fuselage.mu and mk1fuselageFuel.mbm from

Gamedata\Squad\Parts\MK1

to

Gamedata\ReStock\parts\MK1\mk1fuselage

Copy mk1structural.mu and mk1fuselage.mbm from

Gamedata\Squad\Parts\MK1

to

Gamedata\ReStock\parts\MK1\mk1structural

Since Squad has put several parts into a single folder, this is the only way I've been able to get these components to load in KSP.

Edited by Galane

Pictures! More parts too! Same link as before.

These three examples are packed with ReStock Ninety. They all have the AR202 case from MechJeb attached. You'll also want Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. For some reason, without KJR, they sometimes come apart after reaching orbit when MechJeb starts to do the circularization burn. Dunno why, when the ascent is a heck of a lot more strenuous.

Testing the ThunderMax to dual Rockomax adapter.

15901202257_c96b871f4e_z.jpgReStock90-JPN1 by g_alan_e, on Flickr

Testing the ThunderMax to triple Rockomax adapter. Attempting to get the long ThunderMax to orbit with more efficient engines on it for use as a tanker. Still needs some work. It's called the JPN2 but below the adapter has been through about 6 total redesigns. If I'd put Mainsails under the ThunderMax... it would make a poor tanker.

15464646274_b6614f404f_z.jpgReStock90-JPN2 by g_alan_e, on Flickr

Testing the ThunderMaximus to triple Kerbodyne adapter.

15464645794_38aef1458a_z.jpgReStock90-OMG-Max1 by g_alan_e, on Flickr

After I got this adapter modded, I stuck it under the short ThunderMaximus tank, put three of the shortest Kerbodyne tanks under it with three of the single nozzle Kerbodyne engines. With a Stayputnik on top and launched straight up with SAS engaged... SSTEV. Single Stage To Escape Velocity :D

Alan Aerospace Recycling and Packaging. Bringing you ridiculously over-sized and over-powered rockets with crazy low parts counts. We couldn't have made it here without the contributions of AeroKerbin Bath Products Division.

PS. I should make a ThunderMaximus to ThunderMax adapter.

Edited by Galane

I am sorry for an obviously stupid question but actually what does this mod do?

Just adds a bunch more parts, without adding more parts. It's all done with cfg files that adjust the sizes and specifications of stock parts. Some of the parts allow building rocket configurations not possible with only the stock parts.

Added more parts, two that I know of are the Not-Rockomax Macronode, sized to fit the girders and with symmetry, and an insane adapter for mounting four ThunderMax tanks beneath a ThunderMaximus tank. I may have added another part or two between the last update and this one.

Also added is one more example rocket using that adapter.

//Original license as written by PolecatEZ, edited a bit by Galane

LICENSE -

Use what you want. All models in use are the stock Squad models in this pack. These aren't included, you will need to have the base game installed. Unless otherwise noted, default to Creative Commons License.

You may release these individually with your stock .craft files. Please leave the file structure intact...i.e. Leave them in the ReStock folder.

If you copy and paste any of these projects as a template, leave my name and the original model maker's (Squad in this case) in the credits.

Requests can be made for new items from PolecatEZ Galane on the message boards.

If I haven't been found in a while, feel free to update the stuff and repost it if necessary, mentioning my name. No permission necessary if my last forum post and/or Spaceport update was over 30 days ago.

I (PolecatEZ) reserve the right to reclaim my work when I come back, leaving in any improvements and crediting the author(s).

Could you use zip or 7z? There is never any guarantee that Linux users can properly open RAR files (Newer WinRAR versions create files that cannot be opened by the Freeware UnRAR package.)

• 4 months later...

Status for 1.0.x

I redid the RockoOKTOclampo to see what will be involved in making it work for the latest KSP release. Rather POed at the extreme nerf the KR-2L got, it's weaker than the Mainsail now, both in atmo and vacuum. WTH?

If someone wants to take over maintenance of ReStock, I'll gladly hand over the reins, though I'll likely make some more parts, perhaps, if I run into a need... Definitely needs some up-rated copies of the KR-2L, Poodle and LV-909, adjusted to be in keeping with the new atmo and to fill the gaps left in the size/thrust ladder, and to fix the ridiculousness of the second most powerful engine being made essentially useless.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.