[0.90] KSP Tips v3.0.0.0 (Jan 18)

TriggerAu

I know this isn't true for all players, but someone looking for mods is probably already somewhat familiar with the game. The people it would be the most helpful for are the least likely to actually have it.

That may be true on THIS forum, but other forums have many more inexperienced players looking for tips. So, you should feel free to point this out when you're elsewhere!

Amazing stuff, TriggerAu... Is this a full HTML renderer you are using to show the images or "just" a static image?

Static Images is what it displays, a full HTML render is a little too much work. Plus thats the format Scotts guides are in.

So this is basically a KSP version of Clippy? :D

The tips in the bottom corner are sort of, although I hope they are more useful than "Looks like your writing a letter of resignation? Want me to add some expletives?"

I know this isn't true for all players, but someone looking for mods is probably already somewhat familiar with the game. The people it would be the most helpful for are the least likely to actually have it.

This is exactly correct, and one of the reasons when I was shooting ideas with people I wondered whether it was useful to publish, or just to show a POC of how in game info could be visualised. I did make the zip/architecture as simple as possible so its very easy to install (v1 was a single dll).

With the addition of some of the more advanced info in the guide pages and the future pages the level of info is probably to the point now where people who already install mods will find some good stuff in there... I know I did

Really great stuff here! Needs to be Stock for sure - tell all your friends to use this when they first get started! "Just got KSP, must have mods?" KSP Tips!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I guess I do wish the little ? box, and the tips themsevles, were movable so they didn't overlap the stock UI. But otherwise this is the best!

Really great stuff here! Needs to be Stock for sure - tell all your friends to use this when they first get started! "Just got KSP, must have mods?" KSP Tips!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I guess I do wish the little ? box, and the tips themsevles, were movable so they didn't overlap the stock UI. But otherwise this is the best!

Thanks, I'll see what I can do about that as I had an idea about making it movable the other day (the window, not the tiny ?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I dont mean to be bossy they are your mods after all but as a very long time player of KSP you can make guys like me wait for a bit we will still be there when you get around to us. The new players though... this mod is for them and if they are having trouble they may not be there when you get around to updating this. Just my two cents.

• 5 months later...

I tried to use it with KSP 1.0.4.

The position is safed while switching back and forth through scenes but "Hide Tips" resets the position to the bottom left corner.

The Icon in the stock toolbar isnt there and therefor I cannot access the library at all.

This isnt really a complain because its not officially 1.0 compatible. Its more a heads up for new people looking at this mod.

Although I would appreciate a tiny 1.0 compatible update without new features.

:)

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.