building upgrade progression, a few more steps

mudkest

Is there a way to mod the building upgrade paths? it feels like there's not much progression.

I mean, level 1 vab/sph max 30 parts, I think that may be enough parts to get something to munar/minmus orbit, not sure about landing a kerbal and getting him back though, Same for the launchpad, 18t max at lvl1, enough to get some basic stuff into orbit, and not much more. Then level2 you get 255 parts(I never even build a ship that big) and 140ton launches(do just about anything in kerbin SOI and a lot outside of it)

just hoping at least these 4 buildings can have a bit more progression, from 30 parts to 60 and launchpad from 18t to 40 so you can have some comfortable mun/minmus missions, maybe send some small/light probes outside kerbin SOI but still need to upgrade for larger missions, space stations and such.

rest of the buildings feel fairly fine, science might need 1 or 2 more steps for surface samples and a step between 100 and 500 sceicne research.

I don't know if its possible and how hard it would be, even when keeping current building models.

Squad still has a tier 0 space center in development that just didn't make the cut for 0.90 quality-wise. It is already confirmed to be added in the next update.

It's possible that the tiers will be a little more fine-grained when you have four tiers instead of three... they may simply have opted to take out a step in the middle in favor of letting players start with the tier 0 restrictions in the tier 1 space center because the tier 0 space center doesn't exist yet. So once that makes it in, you get that extra step in the middle back.

• 5 months later...

It looks like Custom Barn Kit currently only lets you modify the current upgrade levels of the game, but not let you add more levels.

Is there anything that will let me add more upgrade levels?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.