The funniest thing just happened to me

Sytraxis

I was deorbiting my landing craft on auto-pilot with a MechJeb and just when I think we\'re about to safely land with 50 meters to go it completely runs out of fuel and smashes into the ground. :(

Welcome to the forums. It\'s annoying when that happens -- all I can suggest is starting firing the engines late in descent, especially in an atmosphere. Granted, it\'s easy to crash into terrain at hundreds of m/s that way (especially on the mun)... >_>

@augerman: Please have posts that consist of more than image macros/reaction images? =/

I was deorbiting my landing craft on auto-pilot with a MechJeb and just when I think we\'re about to safely land with 50 meters to go it completely runs out of fuel and smashes into the ground. :(

Well I just hate it when that happens. Because of situations like this, I actually crash more often with autopilot, than if I\'m piloting manually. It\'s easy to have a false sense of security, but in reality there are more things to keep track of, all changing more quickly.