New Mk3 parts- A disappointment?

Can I negative rep this entire thread?

Everyone here bashing Porkjet and his work, let me treat you to a free spacewalk, WITHOUT A HELMET! Let me ask you know-it-alls something. If you are annoyed these are the same shape as the B9 HL series, what would you want instead? Since yall have the audacity to bash it what would be your replacement solution? *crickets* Thats what I thought. Unless you can model parts of equivalent quality with a unique shape that fulfils the same role, then shut up!

As for crediting the B9 team, thats like saying anyone who makes a computer accessory with a USB plug should credit the guys who created USB because they chose to make it compatible with that system (terrible example but the point still stands: compatibility =/= inspiration).

Not one thank you from yall when Porkjet remade his entire mod for stock integration and now when yall are annoyed you come out of the woodwork, whining and moaning and reducing the rest of the community's opinion of you to nothing because you have some preconcieved notion that couldn't be farther from the truth.

MODS! Please burn this thread out of existence. No developer or modder should have to be subjected to the disgrace this is.

Everyone here bashing Porkjet and his work, let me treat you to a free spacewalk, WITHOUT A HELMET! Let me ask you know-it-alls something. If you are annoyed these are the same shape as the B9 HL series, what would you want instead? Since yall have the audacity to bash it what would be your replacement solution? *crickets* Thats what I thought. Unless you can model parts of equivalent quality with a unique shape that fulfils the same role, then shut up!

As for crediting the B9 team, thats like saying anyone who makes a computer accessory with a USB plug should credit the guys who created USB because they chose to make it compatible with that system (terrible example but the point still stands: compatibility =/= inspiration).

Not one thank you from yall when Porkjet remade his entire mod for stock integration and now when yall are annoyed you come out of the woodwork, whining and moaning and reducing the rest of the community's opinion of you to nothing because you have some preconcieved notion that couldn't be farther from the truth.

MODS! Please burn this thread out of existence. No developer or modder should have to be subjected to the disgrace this is.

is it a confined space? HAY OOH hahahaha, replacement solution: old mk3 cockpit back and call the new mk3 mk4, i actually can, i, a modeller, spriter, animator and artist

technically acer is a laptop and usb maker so the makes no sence and tvs these days have usbs

ok even i need to admit, WHAT ENGINE FITS? What adapter fits? And im talking aboutnthe tri adapter, you know for shuttles

so whos up for that game of "cricket"

Edited by SparkyFox

As for your crickets I could provide a LOT of solutions... especially since then I'd feel the guilt and therefore the desire to cite the basis of my creation to it's owner :mad: but ofc I wouldn't need to if it was original. And Yes!! Theres MANY solutions because if this was a one-way street we would know by now since mods would be limited!

Also yes that is a poor example... I'd like a better one.

Also- I'd thank Pork IF HE FINISHED something by the time a release came!

Derep this- Idc its a point and a fact...

Unless you've got a better solution yourself then you really don't have anywhere to talk ANYWAY since I could sit down and draw out a plan myself that WASNT from B9 and could hold 2m parts.

As for your crickets I could provide a LOT of solutions... especially since then I'd feel the guilt and therefore the desire to cite the basis of my creation to it's owner :mad: but ofc I wouldn't need to if it was original. And Yes!! Theres MANY solutions because if this was a one-way street we would know by now since mods would be limited!

Also yes that is a poor example... I'd like a better one.

Also- I'd thank Pork IF HE FINISHED something by the time a release came!

Derep this- Idc its a point and a fact...

Unless you've got a better solution yourself then you really don't have anywhere to talk ANYWAY since I could sit down and draw out a plan myself that WASNT from B9 and could hold 2m parts.

Usb ports are found in tvs aswell and ive seen some tv names put their name on a usb stick so that usb example actually made me laugh

I would like to say that I see no point in complaining about the new parts breaking old crafts. This game is STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, so you can expect incompatibility between updates. That's just the way it is.

As for Porkjet: 1. Why NOT make his parts compatible with the b9 pack? and 2. He probably has another job besides working for SQUAD

I would like to say that I see no point in complaining about the new parts breaking old crafts. This game is STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, so you can expect incompatibility between updates. That's just the way it is.

As for Porkjet: 1. Why NOT make his parts compatible with the b9 pack? and 2. He probably has another job besides working for SQUAD

Answer to 1: Idk why maybe because- its a mod- Are we gonna be adding support for KW's largest sized parts too?

Answer to 2: If he doesn't have the time- he shouldn't be helping...

As far as I'm concerned, the new mk3 parts are great. The textures are good, there are, in fact, no collision errors, they have the perfect shape to do what they were intended to do, that being shuttles, and, finally, they fit in quite well with KSP's new style.

Now, as this thread has gone on for quite some time over the same issue to no avail, I think the moderators should simply lock the thread; it's gone from a semi-reasonable debate to name-calling.

Its passed its development stage its supposed to be BETA than ever, i like the editor, thats cool but i think the mk3 has kinda caused a kraken

As far as I'm concerned, the new mk3 parts are great. The textures are good, there are, in fact, no collision errors, they have the perfect shape to do what they were intended to do, that being shuttles, and, finally, they fit in quite well with KSP's new style.

Now, as this thread has gone on for quite some time over the same issue to no avail, I think the moderators should simply lock the thread; it's gone from a semi-reasonable debate to name-calling.

aww cooome ooon, ive got a collision error and ive been asking for help and no ones helped

whos name calling?

Ive called no names- this has simply been a circle... I don't recall anyone being called a name... or at least I haven't...

Also- no collision errors? Did you not see my post about nearly encountering a kraken WHILE NOT TRYING??

aww cooome ooon, ive got a collision error and ive been asking for help and no ones helped

You might want to try without mods. Most mods aren't updated to 0.90 yet and they cause quite some issues. Also, if you didn't uninstall KSP before installing 0.90, that can also cause issues. Finally, if you have opengl mode forced on ksp, disable it.

I have rolled a kerbal around one of the new cargo bays and have not found any collision errors anywhere. It might just be the payload you put in there or even your game.

DISCLAIMER: I am going to get pretty mad here

2: If he doesn't have the time- he shouldn't be helping...

This is probably the most disrespectful think I have seen on the forum. PorkJet does an AMAZING job as a modeler and to go kick dirt on his face for nothing is just rude. Before he helped SQUAD, he was just a modder. He didn't make money on SP+, so of course he would have a life, a job, maybe even a family. Then when SQUAD pays him a little extra for modeling parts for them, do you just expect him to quit his other job? Even if this is just more of a hobby, he still helps SQUAD out a ton and makes amazing parts. He obviously DOES have time to help SQUAD- the game is proof.

DISCLAIMER: I am going to get pretty mad here

This is probably the most disrespectful think I have seen on the forum. PorkJet does an AMAZING job as a modeler and to go kick dirt on his face for nothing is just rude. Before he helped SQUAD, he was just a modder. He didn't make money on SP+, so of course he would have a life, a job, maybe even a family. Then when SQUAD pays him a little extra for modeling parts for them, do you just expect him to quit his other job? Even if this is just more of a hobby, he still helps SQUAD out a ton and makes amazing parts. He obviously DOES have time to help SQUAD- the game is proof.

I repeat- If he doesn't have the time he shouldn't be helping. Moddding is one thing- If I'm paying for his work and this is what I get? I would NOT pay for this... regardless of its alpha... er um BETA state.

I repeat- If he doesn't have the time he shouldn't be helping. Moddding is one thing- If I'm paying for his work and this is what I get? I would NOT pay for this... regardless of its alpha... er um BETA state.

Well are you complaining about his wonderully-crafted Mk2 parts? No, I didn't think so.

You might want to try without mods. Most mods aren't updated to 0.90 yet and they cause quite some issues. Also, if you didn't uninstall KSP before installing 0.90, that can also cause issues. Finally, if you have opengl mode forced on ksp, disable it.

I have rolled a kerbal around one of the new cargo bays and have not found any collision errors anywhere. It might just be the payload you put in there or even your game.

it is without mods, its in the un moddedsection, i also got a kerbals face stuck in the cargo door and thought it was funny to fly off and he was like WEEEEE

Poor you you got like, one or two bugs in an early access game. Does it influence your ability to play the game SO MUCH that it's ruined the entire game for you and you wouldn't pay for it?

Well are you complaining about his wonderully-crafted Mk2 parts? No, I didn't think so.

Kind of yeah- Especially the IVA which he again didn't have time for... You have the majority of the parts that are being implemented done... now you need to work on your other cockpits IVA... *Pork* hmm... they wont notice if I make a duplicate of the other! *gives to Squad*

He obviously DOES have time to help, he made all the Mk2 and new Mk3 marts.

Poor you you got like, one or two bugs in an early access game. Does it influence your ability to play the game SO MUCH that it's ruined the entire game for you and you wouldn't pay for it?

Bugs fix it later- I could care less- but when I have to honestly ask myself- which do I like more? Staring at a duplicate IVA? Staring into space or at a wall... you can kind of see why I lose faith and start getting faith in the wall...

No offence....i sorta hate the new mk2 parts and wings, they dont fly right and im not a big fan of the cockpit either, but thats my opinion, the only use i got out of the mk2 wings was buliding a snazzy home

Kind of yeah- Especially the IVA which he again didn't have time for... You have the majority of the parts that are being implemented done... now you need to work on your other cockpits IVA... *Pork* hmm... they wont notice if I make a duplicate of the other! *gives to Squad*

Well last I checked the IVAs for the command pods could use a revamp too, and the Mk1 inline cockpit still needs an IVA.

Bugs fix it later- I could care less- but when I have to honestly ask myself- which do I like more? Staring at a duplicate IVA? Staring into space or at a wall... you can kind of see why I lose faith and start getting faith in the wall...

If it bothers you that much, just copy the wall and paste it in the place of the void.