Mk3 wings

scotty93

It would be nice it there was a "2x scale" button or something like that. I generally have to build my wings out of twice the parts I need. I'm happy with the wing size though.

I remember seeing a mod that had a slider for part scaling, and it would scale the weigh, lift, thrust, etc. of a lot of the parts along with the size. I think that would be a great addition to the stock game, and would probably make more sense than to just keep adding more parts.

Although, I will also say it would be cool to see a new large and tiny jet engine.

Here is a bunch of config files to add rescaled wings and landing gear to fit the Mk3 parts. I admittedly spent little time testing it, but everything looks alright. It includes most of the stock wings and control surfaces and as two larger landing gears.

Edit: I realized that I made a huge mistake with the balancing. I'll fix it in a couple minutes.

Edit: Done

Where should I put them?

Where should I put them?

If there isn't anything very unusual with these files, it should suffice to put them anywhere in your Gamedata folder. To keep them all together, you might want to put them in a "rescaled parts" folder or something to that effect.

If there isn't anything very unusual with these files, it should suffice to put them anywhere in your Gamedata folder. To keep them all together, you might want to put them in a "rescaled parts" folder or something to that effect.

Ok, thank you very much! :)

If you want lager wings (Or other parts), don't make a whole new part: install TweakScale. If you uninstall it it won't delete the whole craft - It'll just revert it to the original size. It would be nice to have it in stock KSP though, so when we use it, it can be called 100% stock.

This is another of the many reasons i consider procedural parts (wings and fuel tanks as a 1st) to be more or less essential for the game.

While we all know there are mods, stock procedural wings, procedural fuel tanks, and possibly other stuff like structural panels, batteries, reaction wheels, whatnot would go a long way to help fix the part counts, and also act as a temporary fix to the lag this game is rather notorious for. With procedural wings, your plane will at most have maybee 10 parts total for wings and control surfaces, even if its a ultra massive sized plane. Fuel tanks would cut down the requirement for stacking multiple tanks for say booster stages, or just very large craft. And well structural panels will give us capital ship builders, a low-part-count method to build those super ultra massive battleships, carriers, ect that can fit like 500 smaller fighters (although getting that in orbit might be rather hard).

Anyways, while i dont have high hopes for this, procedural parts would go a long way to fix many issues in this game right now, simplify builds, and until unity5 (with its theoretical fixes to lag with 1000s of parts) comes out, itd really improve the lag especially online (where 90% of servers dont support any mods at all part wise, and those that do, force you to use a whole array of mods you see no need for).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.