[0.90] EvilCorp Kerbanomics v0.1.8 - Kerbal Payroll and Loans!

johnqevil

Hmm, So right now there are no penalty for missed payment on loans?

That's correct for 0.1.6. There's work on Consequences right now. The first might be working compound interest which will punish the player financially. johnqevil has some truly evil ideas for Consequences, but I won't steal his thunder and tell you what they are. ;)

Ah nice! I am considering using this to help me deal with the cost of upgrading building, and I feel like the poor kerbals deserves some pay considering how often I send them stranded...The loan can be a nice bonus, but not necessary.

Does it work nicely with Mission Controller 2? Considering that mod also fiddle a bit with kerbal recruitment fee + insurance pay when kerbal die, I was wondering if there is something behind the scene that both of these mods try to modify and may cause conflict.

Talking of loans and stuff.. could you add an option to just 'pay remaining balance'? I seem to have gotten into a pickle and I'm in credit to EvilCorp to the tune of 0.9 Funds and I think that's managed to confuse the poor thing as I can't put in decimal figures to take out and even if I could, I'd still have to pay it back.. so yeah, pay remaining balance or be able to handle being owed money would be nice.. I'm going to dig into the savefile and fiddle the books :P

Talking of loans and stuff.. could you add an option to just 'pay remaining balance'? I seem to have gotten into a pickle and I'm in credit to EvilCorp to the tune of 0.9 Funds and I think that's managed to confuse the poor thing as I can't put in decimal figures to take out and even if I could, I'd still have to pay it back.. so yeah, pay remaining balance or be able to handle being owed money would be nice.. I'm going to dig into the savefile and fiddle the books :P

That...shouldn't actually be possible on the newest version. All numbers are rounded, there shouldn't be any decimals. Beyond that, I like the idea.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I can tell, no luck. Here's a log with no other mods

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9svvtbus8k4gowk/output_log.txt?dl=0

Is this during load or when you set a custom interval? I've tested down to a single day on the interval and it seems to be working as expected.

Coulda sworn I had the latest version, but I'll check again. While I'm here, it appears Kerbanomics is causing SCANsat and EnhancedNavball to fail. I asked in the SS thread for help as it wasn't working and DMagic kindly pointed out that it was Kerbanomics causing problems, quoting this part from the log:

FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format
at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kerbanomics.KerbanomicsMain.LoadData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kerbanomics.KerbanomicsScenario.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoScenarioModule.Load (.ScenarioRunner host) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioRunner+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

SCANsat post here with a link to a huge output log for you. I never did fiddle the books, I couldn't find anything to fiddle so yeah.. Houston, we have a problem.

Coulda sworn I had the latest version, but I'll check again. While I'm here, it appears Kerbanomics is causing SCANsat and EnhancedNavball to fail. I asked in the SS thread for help as it wasn't working and DMagic kindly pointed out that it was Kerbanomics causing problems, quoting this part from the log:

FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format
at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kerbanomics.KerbanomicsMain.LoadData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kerbanomics.KerbanomicsScenario.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoScenarioModule.Load (.ScenarioRunner host) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioRunner+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

SCANsat post here with a link to a huge output log for you. I never did fiddle the books, I couldn't find anything to fiddle so yeah.. Houston, we have a problem.

Well, there's only one Int32 parser in that function, so I'll look there. Before tweaking ANYTHING else, please send me your Financials file from your save folder. Provided it's been unmodified since the log entry you posted.

This should be it. If it's not, let me know, I'll try to recreate the problem.

That confirms it. In the meantime, change your amounts in that file. That's where financial data is saved for now until I finish the other major functions. Change both your LoanAmount and LoanPayment to 1, and let me know if that fixed SCANSat. I'm about 99.9% sure that willl do it too. Should also let you pay it off.

OutstandingBills = 0

LoanAmount = -0.900001525878906

LoanPayment = 3000.01

Loans paid, scanners scanning, astronauts getting salary.. that fixed things. Thanks!

Excellent, thanks! new version that properly fixes that bug will be up later today. Just as soon as I can test it with certain other pending changes, courtesy of DivisionByZero.

I swear there used to be a mod just like this in .24 called Kerbal economy and it worked great except in .24 you couldn't fire the darn Kerbals if you hired too many! Now that you can a mod like this totally makes sense! I shall give it a go!

Is this during load or when you set a custom interval? I've tested down to a single day on the interval and it seems to be working as expected.

When I set a custom interval, it does not seem to save it. If I quit to main menu and reload the save, it appears to reset to 106 days, and the button says quarterly, though the custom interval field is still available to change in the window.

Edit: Further testing has revealed this to be a display bug only.

Edited by Ogamaga

Something that has bugged me about KSP since "First Contract" is how everything is funded by companies. NASA didn't get all their funding for things like Apollo and the Shuttle from Boeing. They got it from Congress. The idea that the Kerbal Space Program gets quarterly funding, based on reputation, is more in line with how I think space programs really get funded. I think more reputation should lead to more funding.

Something I would like to see implemented (maybe as an option) is reputation decay. For example:

-Go to Mun - wow! Impressive! What can you do next? Here's more funding!

-Spend decades building low orbit space planes - mmmmmm. Bored now.

I think it would keep you wanting to do that 'next big thing" - keep that reputation high to keep your funding stream coming in.

Also, it would be nice if it was more clear how reputation affected funding. I'm never sure exactly how much I can expect to get funded, or even what the relationship is between my reputation and the funding.

Thanks so much for this mod and working on it - lots of fun! :)

Edited by JorusAton

Whoops, I posted this over in the old dev thread. Reposting better version here.

I really like this mod, combined with KCT especially. One feature suggestion: Add the ability adjust reputation payments in the settings. I want to pay my Kerbals and take out loans, but I'm role playing a purely corporate space program, so I don't think I should get regular funding like a government would. I imagine others would want to adjust different things about it.

Sweet mod!

Also, it would be nice if it was more clear how reputation affected funding. I'm never sure exactly how much I can expect to get funded, or even what the relationship is between my reputation and the funding.

The funding is hardcoded right now. There's a straight multiplier on your reputation and amount of regular funding. I think the 0.1.6 version has your funding for a quarterly payment cycle as 2500 + 247.5*reputation.

The funding is hardcoded right now. There's a straight multiplier on your reputation and amount of regular funding. I think the 0.1.6 version has your funding for a quarterly payment cycle as 2500 + 247.5*reputation.

That's good info - thank you :)

Like the rest of the settings it would be cool to be able to adjust these.

• 1 month later...
Looking forward to see you update this. Right now, I use GovFund set to pay out 5000/day (normal difficulty). Which is enough not to sweat the small stuff, but not enough to fund the big stuff.

Just updated it with some minor fixes and a major APR update.

I actually already have the code for it integrated and working, even has the option to turn it off altogether. Was just debating spinning it off into it's own thing but it looks like someone beat me to it :D.

I actually already have the code for it integrated and working, even has the option to turn it off altogether. Was just debating spinning it off into it's own thing but it looks like someone beat me to it :D.

Thanks for the updates! I'm loading up KSP to test it out now :)

As for a reputation decay, I'd love to have it built into the mod as a toggle-able option vs. another (!) mod, I think we all have so many of those!:sticktongue:

This is on my must try mods.. Just a thought, in line with this being like Kerbal HR.. what about charging an insurance payout fee for killing a kerbal base on their experience level...