[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

I also have this issue. It maps best at 10x warp, using the default scan settings. 1x warp is just as bad as 50x warp for some reason. Maybe adjusting the scan settings fixes this?

Those of us who run with large parts packs installed will experience this issue. For instance, I was using KW Rocketry, NovaPunch Remix, and B9 Aerospace, all of which have many parts. These would work fine, but ISA MapSat takes up a lot of extra memory, and the game itself can only use up to ~3.3GB of RAM. Anything over that will crash the game. I managed to go through and prune off a lot of the extra parts I never use, and am actually able to run the game fine now, although memory usage still climbs even when not using ISA MapSat. Seems to point to a memory leak with the game itself, and not really something specific to the mod.

I've noticed a bit of extra mem usage with mapsat, but nothing close to what everyone here is talking about.....and I have ALOT of mods installed....sitting at 714 parts. It does get a bit worse as time passes, but elfindreams seems to have found a good lil workaround for that

I've noticed a bit of extra mem usage with mapsat, but nothing close to what everyone here is talking about.....and I have ALOT of mods installed....sitting at 714 parts. It does get a bit worse as time passes, but elfindreams seems to have found a good lil workaround for that

I only had Kerbin mapped so far, and didn't even have duplicate anomaly entries. Maybe because I run every setting at max which eats up more memory?

Yes, I was running with default settings and RAW settings turned on. My windows experience index is 5.9, drives are not slow. I also am not suffering from lag/crashing issues with using MapSat, but I'm also currently only using them on small satellites and not mammoth ships.

I only had Kerbin mapped so far, and didn't even have duplicate anomaly entries. Maybe because I run every setting at max which eats up more memory?

My guess with the duplicate entries is multiple discreet scanning sessions or different sattelites. I tend to do multiple passes (I run mapping passes while I am at work and if they aren't done when I get back I get on with my game then re-start them later, sometimes after quitting the game and re-starting it for other reasons).

Runs fine for me, not much excess memory usage. Anything above 10x time warp (200 km altitude) gives inconsistent map, but 10x works just fine.

what your seeing is not an 'inconsistent map'.....it has to do with scan resolution.....a topo mapping sat will not get all possible information on a single pass, why should ISA be different?

and 200km is a horrible altitude for mapping FYI.....

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/27999-ISA-Mapsat-Ideal-and-Non-Ideal-Altitudes

this post has good info on good orbits for mapping, and why...

Keep in mind this info was created before ISA mapsat could adjust its scan resolution, so the ideal areas can actually be adjusted some, but its still good place to start

no matter what you do though, its going to take more than one pass over any given area to get the map fully filled in

EDIT: your basically left to choose between 2 methods of mapping, fast mapping at low resolution per pass, or slow mapping with high resolution per pass...personaly I do both, get a fast grainy map done, then adjust the orbit and start fillin in

Edited by KhaosCorp

KSP is a 32bit program, its always gonna have some slight memory usage issues unfortunately. Im kinda starting to notice some instability with ISA, but haven't isolated it yet (maybe its another mod messin with it..idk)

@skendzine....im trying to be helpful but I only have so much patience.....you had to read that 5+ times to get that the download is on the blog???? and im the asshole haha...

@Icebreaker, that's good to know as I run both those mods as well, seems like a good starting point to see if stuff is getting crossed up

Considering the last sentence in your message to me, yes, you are the asshole.

Tin, before we can help you, you need to tell us if you loaded

or x4r1?

unless we know that, we won't help.

Edited by Fyrem
honesty

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong... i have mapsat installed, generated textures, sent a dish into space in orbit but im not seeing anything...

did you turn the scanner on once ya got in orbit? the SCN on gui. This one starts off, the old one started on

When I try to use anything which has the ISA parts, the game freezes on when I start the flight.

You probably have some parts packs installed, and if so, you're probably hitting the memory ceiling of the game. I had same problem, had to go through all the parts I had, and remove a bunch that I didn't use before I could get it to load with the dish on it.

You probably have some parts packs installed, and if so, you're probably hitting the memory ceiling of the game. I had same problem, had to go through all the parts I had, and remove a bunch that I didn't use before I could get it to load with the dish on it.

I do have a punch of addons, but usually when the game overloads on memory, it crashes nicely and gives an error report. This is just freezing.

When I try to use anything which has the ISA parts, the game freezes on when I start the flight.

mushroomman, before we can help you, you need to tell us if you loaded

or x4r1?

unless we know that, we won't help.

I really don't like how slow and tedious the new version is. The last one maxed out a 50x speed, which was already relatively slow, but now if I go to 50x or higher, the scanner coverage is ridiculously faded. Why does this need to take so long? There's no point to it. I'd be okay with it if I could leave this flying and go build and fly something else and have it still scanning--but no, that isn't how it works.

To give you an idea how how long it takes to fully scan a planet, I set a satellite to scan Kerbin and went to bed. It's over 8 hours later and it's still not done. Moho and Jool's moons are going to take even longer.

I really don't like how slow and tedious the new version is. The last one maxed out a 50x speed, which was already relatively slow, but now if I go to 50x or higher, the scanner coverage is ridiculously faded. Why does this need to take so long? There's no point to it. I'd be okay with it if I could leave this flying and go build and fly something else and have it still scanning--but no, that isn't how it works.

To give you an idea how how long it takes to fully scan a planet, I set a satellite to scan Kerbin and went to bed. It's over 8 hours later and it's still not done. Moho and Jool's moons are going to take even longer.

have you played with the scan interval settings? Its mentioned earlier in this thread about having to play around with the number to get what works best for your altitude.

have you played with the scan interval settings? Its mentioned earlier in this thread about having to play around with the number to get what works best for your altitude.

I have not. Where are those settings located? I found something called Autosave intervals, but that seems like it's something else.