[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

Hello - I was curious if this mod will work on a mac? I see that there is an .exe file here, but I am not sure if it is required.

The exe is only there for you if you want to make maps with different dimensions than the default. It's the default way to use the CSV data you can collect. You don't need it for anything else.

ARGHHHHHHH HOW MORE UNLUCKY can I get. Installed this on 100% clean ksp install and THE BUTTONS ARE MISSING. You can click on the invisible button but the UI that opens up is all blank as well with all the elements missing. I can see all the textures and buttons in the data folder but it just WON'T WORK.... *sigh* any suggestions?

Which version are you trying to use? the dev mod, or the 3.4.4 'unofficial' mod?

I am not even sure which counts as 3.4.4. But if it's the one from the spaceport then no, because the parts did not even appeared. After some searching I've found someone saying that this one should work with 0.21.1 so I've downloaded and installed it.

It works, but you have to put all files into GameData.

Does that mean I have to create a folder, put the Parts, Plugin and PluginData into that folder, then put that folder into GameData? Or do I put Parts, Plugin and PluginData directly into GameData?

You have to put folder "Insewerants Space Agency" into gamedata folder, if you put Parts and Plugin into KSP_win (MAC?), the plugin won't work. I don't know why, but I think that's all because of PluginData folder.

You have to put folder "Insewerants Space Agency" into gamedata folder, if you put Parts and Plugin into KSP_win (MAC?), the plugin won't work. I don't know why, but I think that's all because of PluginData folder.

I have a folder called Innsewerants Space Agency (that's how it's spelled in the readme) with the Parts, Plugins and PluginData folder inside located in GameData, and I still don't see the stuff in my VAB.

I have a folder called Innsewerants Space Agency (that's how it's spelled in the readme) with the Parts, Plugins and PluginData folder inside located in GameData, and I still don't see the stuff in my VAB.

Same here, putting the Parts, Plugins, Plugindata files in the folders in KSP root, doesn't work either.

Maybe it's the Version that is on Dropbox.

Running Windows btw.

Whenever I try to load a rocket or space plane onto the launchpad/runway the game either crashes immediately or a minute after the rocket has loaded. I currently use a lot of mods at the moment so they might not help in some way. This is a pretty good mod and I do not want a bug like this to stop me from using it.

Whenever I try to load a rocket or space plane onto the launchpad/runway the game either crashes immediately or a minute after the rocket has loaded. I currently use a lot of mods at the moment so they might not help in some way. This is a pretty good mod and I do not want a bug like this to stop me from using it.

It's not a bug; the mod uses a lot of memory to load a detailed color rendering of the surface of every planetary body in the system right as you launch your first ship.

Go back through the posts and you will find all info for the latest dev mod, 4.0, which will use 1Gbyte of resources, and how to load and use it with 0.21.1 or you can use the older 3.4.4 "unofficial" from space port, see how to load / run it on 0.21.1, and it uses the least amount of resources but you have to work the maps.....

I went back to the 3.4.4 and build my own maps from the data generated and stored.....

the 4.0 Dev load used lots, LOTS of ram and uses up too much of the allowed 3.?? Gbyte for the 32 bit Unity engine....

EDIT: search for my name and you will find the load info if you want to go back to 3.4.4

And now for something slightly different:

I'm running the Dev build (4.0) and I've noticed that while the dish appears normal in the VAB, in flight it's blacked out, along with the square baseplate. Both glow green when moused-over, like other parts, but the connecting arm (which appears normal!) does not. Does anyone else have or recognize this issue, and/or have any ideas on how to fix it?

i have the same problem postet many posts before -> link but i have no solution for this - i hope the next MapSat version will fix that (if inservants still works on this or after a month, if he is still make nothing another one can make a new version of this plugin...like it is postet in the Moding Rules...)

I think we can all agree that the current dev version uses too much memory for it to be useable.

Is there a version in the works that has a smaller footprint or is Mapsat dead for all intents and purposes now?