[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

Yea but telling the name of this other Mod would be helpfull...

Due this mod is 1000% dead.

Or the creator had yet moved his ass to fix it.

(Sorry, may be it is free hobby work.... but (as myselfe doing stuff (not here), I see it as a task of responsibility to keep my products working as long they are public).

This mod hasn't ever been dead.

Unless you missed the links to my blog in.. o I don't know, only my signature, opening post here, half my more recent replies here, my youtube, spaceports info page on the old version, irc chat.

Mapsat has been alive and well and working all the way up to and including 0.22 unless you missed all of my linkage.

Furthermore I think you need a kick up your ***

Does this mod work with 0.22? If so does it map planets accurately? (As they have been updated)

Yes it works on 0.22, the maps are always up to date or it updates them, mapsat gets the actual elevation data, no pre-packed textures or anything :)

Get the latest versions on my blog here.

So it is kinda broken now?

There's no tweaking of elevation colour to sea levels, his black sea is probably caused by a bad hilo/dat file.

It's not broken for 0.22 at all, just be sure to get the latest builds from my blog here and not Spaceport (I link to the blog on Spaceport info page of the old mapsat.)

Edited by Innsewerants

Grabbing now and will run a few scans to see how it pans out. Excellent to have another incarnation to hand :) Just looked at the blog, texture optimisation (woo hoo). More room for other toys now ;)

So far, so good. Well almost. Interesting but my icon/button does not want to drag and drop! Have I misread the update details? Aside from that, Kerbin, Mun and Minmus all scanned out ok and as expected :) Thanks.

Update. No scanning for Vall! Is this right? Have default height scales, with 'pos' enabled have 'cross-hairs' but paints no data for height in either ISA or Polar projections? Probably me being dense, should it be scanning?

Update for the update ;) Just got round to trying again and it seems a reload of the who app has cleared this Vall issue! Got a map :)

Edited by John.E
Updated Vall query/bug.

Hey there, nice to see MapSat is still going on !

I gave it another try with this new version, as I had issues with the old one. It's much more efficient memory-wise, but I still have the "black dish" problem. Did anyone have it too ? And is there a way around it ? That would be great because it would be perfect except for that problem... Don't know where it's coming from... Something wrong with the shadowing ?

screenshot32.png

Hurm - installed the new build and now the icon isn't showing up at all, which is distressing.

I copied the build into the GameData subfolder and told it to overwrite everything it needed to.

Any known problems that might cause that?

I'm having the exact same problem. I (inadvertently) deleted all of my old data in the PluginData folder, so let's see if that fixes it tonight. Sigh... starting all over AGAIN...

I think I've figured it out. On Innsewerant's blog post, in the change log, he says "GPS part temporarily disabled", but there's no explanation of what that means.

Well, yesterday I was having terrible trouble with the game crashing every time I tried to launch a ship that had the GPS part on it. I mean, I was getting 'out of memory' crashes on a ship with SIX parts! I finally tracked it down to an easy fix: don't put the GPS unit on your ship, and you'll be fine. This also fixes the missing icon, as well as some weird GUI glitches I was having. The only downside is that you have to have the scanning dish itself on your ship to be able to open the mapsat window, even if you don't plan to do any scanning with that vessel. Meh, I can live with that.

Oddly, however, when I switched to a probe I had in orbit around Duna that already has the GPS unit on it, it worked okay, although it does lag quite a bit more with the GPS on it than without.

I think that I'll delete the GPS part from the folder altogether until Innsewerant posts an update that explicitly states that the part is working again and necessary for operation.

I hope this info helps everyone. :)

For some reason my ISA and Polar projections are not working, they only show a little square changing colors in time, by the way my Biome projection works perfect.

I tryed to delete and redownload the plugin, i scanned again and still the same.

Anyone can help? Thnks

Sorry for my english, its not my primary language

For some reason my ISA and Polar projections are not working, they only show a little square changing colors in time, by the way my Biome projection works perfect.

I tryed to delete and redownload the plugin, i scanned again and still the same.

Anyone can help? Thnks

Sorry for my english, its not my primary language

I have this problem also.

Edit: deleting just the plugin data folder and reinstalling that folder fixed this issue for me.

Edit-Edit: I also removed the smaller GPS unit. Don't know if that had any effect.

Edited by vardicd

Wow, that worked to me too!! I love you!!!, i was going mad hehe.

I just deleted PluginData folder in the "Innsewerants Space Agency/Plugins" folder and reinstalled from download and it started working perfectly

Lots of thanks!!!

Edited by Luzitan

Wow, that worked to me too!! I love you!!!, i was going mad hehe.

I just deleted PluginData folder in the "Innsewerants Space Agency/Plugins" folder and reinstalled from download and it started working perfectly

Lots of thanks!!!

Did you leave the Gps unit in? I want to put it back in, but I'm afraid it will crash me out again.

Yeah, I have the exact same problem, not quite sure what it is, I've tried deleting everything associated with the plugin and reinstalling. Strange! And a pity, because I love this mod!

Are you sure you installed the mod in the GameData folder? I had the same problem. I extracted the folders in the main directory at first and everything messed up like in the picture.