[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

`Hey... just a question.... but lets say that I have a ship with the mapper sattalite. I put it in a good orbit for mapping and I now want to launch another ship. Can I launch another mapper sattelite and get twice as much info... or for that matter, can data still be collected if I am not flying the ship currently?

Suggestion:

KH-9 Hexagon

It\'s a spy satellite, and an awesome one at that.

I suggested this here as a possible collaborative thing, including the powertech and/or dynsat plugins, that perhaps could be made to create a mapping satellite that drops film of maps and pictures into the atmosphere for recovery. This, in essence, could be used within the game in the future as a source of income; \'spying\' on other countries on Kerbin as a mission to create revenue. Not to mention the maps.

Attached the mapper dish to my satellite - looks like that\'s what they were created for.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10324.0;attach=19488;image

P.S. Can you make the antenna to activate if it\'s disconnected from the active craft? Currently for detachable satellites you must activate the antenna before releasing the satellite or it\'s never going to work. But if it was activated, it functions perfectly on the satellites.

^_^ Hurray! I will probably be expanding on this plugin a little this weekend...

Btw, updated my map! I will reposition my polar bird closer to 90... >_<

map2.jpg

Its just a simple PHP +GD script that parses each line of the semicolon separated file to pixel locations and judges RGB values based on height. I may release it once I feel its to the point I\'m confortable with a public release.

New map

map3.jpg

Great plugin!

Just one thing, I was having trouble getting the plugin to work on OSX. As it turns out, the plugin was trying to save to /KSP_osx/KSP.app/isa_RAM_Mapper instead of /KSP_osx/isa_RAM_Mapper (apps are folders in OSX). I\'ve got it to work by copying the isa_RAM_Mapper folder to the .app, but you probably need to handle an 'IsolatedStorageException' in the try-catch loop around line 176. Maybe add a boolean, if the exception throws and the boolean is false, set it to true and prepend a '../' to the kspDir variable and try to write again, if the boolean is already true then throw a message saying to make sure that you\'ve put the folder in the right place, then change the kspDir back to normal. Something like that. (My experience with C# is very minimal.)

EDIT: The exact error was:

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path '/Users/myusername/Downloads/KSP_osx/KSP.app/isa_RAM_Mapper/isa_RAM_Mun_Data.csv'.

Also, any chance I could help you test the mac version of the mapper?

Its just a simple PHP +GD script that parses each line of the semicolon separated file to pixel locations and judges RGB values based on height. I may release it once I feel its to the point I\'m confortable with a public release.

Does not need to be public. I promise i won\'t redistribute it :D

Meh... from what I can see, this plugin is dead for now, I got it running, but the ability to append each scan to the end of the 'csv' file has been destroyed by KSP.IO... The ability is there to allow for append, but depends on a blacklisted setting. The other option would be to read and write out the file every second, but at higher file sizes (my dataset is over 115mb) would lead to a lot of issues and would inevitable fail...

Mun mapping is currently broken due to changes made in 0.15. According to a conversation I had with N3X15, mapping will function correctly in 0.15.1, whenever that gets pushed. The code\'s done & briefly tested, but will be released along with the rest of the update.

Attached the mapper dish to my satellite - looks like that\'s what they were created for.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10324.0;attach=19488;image

P.S. Can you make the antenna to activate if it\'s disconnected from the active craft? Currently for detachable satellites you must activate the antenna before releasing the satellite or it\'s never going to work. But if it was activated, it functions perfectly on the satellites.

So, are you saying that you could map with your satellite, and not only an active ship?

So, are you saying that you could map with your satellite, and not only an active ship?

I think that you cannot map with a PowerSat up to now (I tried that. but it was unable).

But I can map with a Probodobodyne satellite if it has a MechJeb onboard.

Maraz

How do you get the different kinds of maps? The command prompt that pops up when I run the program closes very quickly, and it doesn\'t work when I use windows command prompt, can someone give me a DETAILED (Note the Bolding, Italicization, and underlining) explanation of how to use it?

Other than that, nice.

Kerbin csv>1MB

Mun csv>3.5MB