[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

Nice one Dani. I\'ll have to make you an honourary member of the Kerbin Keographic Society. :)

I\'ve been trying to build up my own csv data of Minmus but it\'s a hard slog. I\'ll post it when I have something unless others beat me to it.

^_^ Hurray! The MapSat1 is back online to continue to map the Minmus surface while I slumber (and while I work tomarrow), as always the live feed is in my signature, updated about every 30 seconds

How do you get the different kinds of maps? The command prompt that pops up when I run the program closes very quickly, and it doesn\'t work when I use windows command prompt, can someone give me a DETAILED (Note the Bolding, Italicization, and underlining) explanation of how to use it?

You have to enter the entire command, with options, all at once.

So for example, if you want to make a 768 pixel wide map of the Mun with a scale, this is what you\'d do:

cd C:/path/to/files/
isa_RAM_Mapper.exe 768 scale isa_RAM_Mun_Data.csv

Replace '768' and 'scale' with whatever options you want to use, and hit enter after every line. The arguments are in the OP.

Let me know if you need more help!

How did you fix the plugin to work with KSP.IO? I\'m looking forward to getting back to mapping, but sadly my C# is weak and I don\'t see an easy solution with the available tools.

I actually stripped out System.IO and opted for sending data in ~20kB chunks to my web-server, which in turn takes the new data and appends to a CSV and updates my dynamic JPEGs. I could be able to open this functionality to all users who want to add 'Live' maps, I would just need to add the new configuration file system... **I also have to adjust the JPEG max heights since my peaks on Minmus are over 5250 >_<

I noticed that too this morning, I didnt have time to adjust the max height and rebuild the jpeg before I went to work... I will fix when I get home. >_<

You have to enter the entire command, with options, all at once.

So for example, if you want to make a 768 pixel wide map of the Mun with a scale, this is what you\'d do:

cd C:/path/to/files/
isa_RAM_Mapper.exe 768 scale isa_RAM_Mun_Data.csv

Replace '768' and 'scale' with whatever options you want to use, and hit enter after every line. The arguments are in the OP.

Let me know if you need more help!

I don\'t think I\'m reading you right, because Here\'s what I got:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]                                                                                  Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.                                                                                                                                                                         C:\Users\NONAME>cd C:\Users\NONAME\Desktop\                                                                                                                                                                                  C:\Users\NONAME\Desktop>isa_RAM_Mapper.exe 1024                                                                            \'isa_RAM_Mapper.exe\' is not recognized as an internal or external command,                                                               operable program or batch file.                                                                                                                                                                                         C:\Users\NONAME\Desktop>isa_RAM_Mapper.exe                                                                               \'isa_RAM_Mapper.exe\' is not recognized as an internal or external command,                                                               operable program or batch file.                                                                                                                                                                                         C:\Users\NONAME\Desktop>                                                                                        C:\Users\NONAME\Desktop>cd C:\Users\NONAME\Desktop\isa_RAM_Mapper.exe 1024                                                              The system cannot find the path specified.                                                                                                                                                                                   C:\Users\NONAME\Desktop>                                                                                        

It doesn\'t help that I suck at command prompt.

WAIT HOLD ON A MINUTE: I decided to just make a batch file instead:

START isa_RAM_Mapgen.exe 1024

Best idea ever.

The bat file is included in this post along with this post. Place in the same folder as the exe and csv\'s.

Also, I don\'t see the benefit of multiple satellites, because it seems only the one my camera is focused on gathers data. (Am I missing something?)

Mun data included!

|

|

V

The mod is not currently compatible with 0.15 (due to issues with the new update) and will be fixed in 0.15.1

For my images I coded in my own storage mechanism to produce my maps.

I fixed my clipping error (again) and my max height is now set to 6000, I will be launching Minmus 3 tonight to cover the poles.

Kerbin Keographic Society, here is my live Minmus CSV:

http://ksp.mine-freak.com/api/Minmus.csv

How do you know it will be fixed in 15.1?

I must have missed something.

Well, I said the next update. I don\'t really know what they\'ll be numbering it yet.

Dani - I used your csv file of Minmus. I got it to work in the end but it took a bit of work. See the result over here.

http://184.154.141.114/~kerbalsp/forum/index.php?topic=11388.msg198354#msg198354

You had some lat/long and altitudes that were simply blank (missing). You had some altitudes in the 10000\'s (highest peak is just under 6000) and there was a bunch of data where the longitude was offset by 360 \'points\'. It took a bit to clean up but I got there. :)

I converted it into a genuine csv file (comma delimited) and will post in the other thread. Thanks for your help!! :)

Im going to leave my 70 degree ship active for a few more hours, once I get home (~3-4 hours) I will launch a sat into 90 degree and get the 70+ data...

The CSV link is constantly updating with new data. I will probably make a 'CSV Cleaner' and make a true coord/CSV, what is your preferred CSV layout?

See my link to the post above.

Lat,long,alt

is the format. I know isa_ram uses semi-colons but that\'s not strictly the correct way (no discredit meant!).

Your csv is correct but you have some blanks, some really high altitudes and some longitudes have been offset by 360 for some reason. I\'m sure that\'s a Unity thing.

Hello all,

I\'m sorry the new security features in 15 killed the mapping as is.

N3X1S confirmed there will be a method to do the csv streaming again in a patch.

Until then I will focus on taking my gui experiment and make it a proper usable mod.

I won\'t be releasing a work-around version for the csv creation, just to messy and as that will be fixed so it can be done proper again, a waste of time.

The gui stuff creates and draws images directly without mapgen.

When csv\'s can be done neatly again I will add that functionality again with an enable/disable button in the gui to also collect raw data.

So the csv part in the end will become just a feature of the mod and not the main subject (code wise anyway, just drawing the gui takes more lines of code than the csv collection part)

I see quite a few people have taken to playing with the code themselves.

If r4m0n and I have overlooked a way of making decent appending data files with the current ksp.io stuff I\'d appreciate a pm here or on irc.

But so far we\'ve concluded it will become a mess of many csv files and I don\'t want that for the official mod tbh and rather wait for a decent analogue of the system io streamwriter.

Sorry I\'m taking so long with updates lately, long boring story.

@Dani, I already have a few tools made to merge or convert csv\'s if you like to collaborate.

Minmus is already supported (and any future body) just too messy with the current ksp.io stuff if you were doing your thing for minmus support. ;)

Nothin like having enough time to read the debug log but not enough to avoid a unnecessary post on the forum... O_o

Other than that, Im now almost half way done mapping the poles, hopefully one more day will cover the needed area.

@Innsewerants:

A quick look at the source told me that multiple bodies were supported.

I wanted a way to create live maps on the fly and near real-time which conveniently I dont need *.IO for.

I see the point behind KSP.IO, but its implementation is very dirty, also killing two namespaces wont stop someone from introducing malicious code.

Plus the security mechanism in use has multiple known workarounds.