[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

Minmus does rotate, although very slowly. Refer to http://kspwiki.nexisonline.net/wiki/Minmus

In fact I just completely scanned Minmus for Kethane over night, inclination was 90°, orbital period around 45 mins, so that I could get seamless coverage.

Going to have to try your suggestion to see if it yields better results. ;-)

Really nice upgrade, I like the new ability to get Lat. & Long. right off the map.

With the new version for 0.17, I noticed I can get data above 300,000 meters.

I was wondering what the most optimum altitude is for scanning with this new version?

-Thanks.

Hello! I have a question. Let's say I want to make another part to work as ISA MapSat dish (I don't really like how the default one rotates and that I can't turn it on/off). What do I do? Would that even work with, for example, some static sat dish model? I mean, from what I see, it doesn't really matter where the default one is looking, it does it's job anyway, right? So, theoretically, it should be simple to make another model (part) to work the same way?

make a shortcut to ISA_MapGen.exe, then right click it and where it shows the path (like c:\KSP\PluginData\isa_mapsat\ISA_MapGen.exe) just add 1920 to the end (assuming that is the width you want) and save the shortcut that way. So it would read c:\KSP\PluginData\isa_mapsat\ISA_MapGen.exe 1920) here are a bunch of commands listed on the first page of this thread that can be used like this.

make a shortcut to ISA_MapGen.exe, then right click it and where it shows the path (like c:\KSP\PluginData\isa_mapsat\ISA_MapGen.exe) just add 1920 to the end (assuming that is the width you want) and save the shortcut that way. So it would read c:\KSP\PluginData\isa_mapsat\ISA_MapGen.exe 1920) here are a bunch of commands listed on the first page of this thread that can be used like this.

Ahhh! now it's all clear :D

thanks!

I had the same problem, because I renamed the mapsat part folder (ISA_MapSat) in the parts folder for sorting purposes (running windows).

The images/icons could not be loaded then and it looked exactly like your screenshot.

If you run a mac there was a fix regarding the same issue a few pages back.

Okay, I've mucked about with Terminal trying to get this darn thing to work, and when I finally get the directories right, terminal pops up with this:

ln: /KSP.app: Permission denied

Any idea how to get this mod working?

Edited by exegesis

You sir, may have my first born, many thanks.

You guys need to link your Parts folder into KSP.app because the plugin is looking for images in the wrong place. So if your KSP_osx folder is in /Applications, run the following in a terminal:

ln -s /Applications/KSP_osx/Parts /Applications/KSP_osx/KSP.app/

OP, I've only glanced at the source but clearly kspDir isn't being calculated correctly in OS X (ML anyway).

I tried searching for this information so forgive me if this has already been covered. Can you launch multiple MapSat missions and/or launch other missions and still collect data? Or does your MapSat craft need to be your active mission for it to collect data?

So you can't use multiple MapSat's at a time, launch other missions and do other stuff, and you have to map in real time to get good data. Now I know how a real rocket scientist feels lol. Guess I will just have to run in windowed mode and do other stuff like sleep. Great mod though, I love the idea of being able to chart the planets and moons, really brings that extra level of exploring to the game.

I map at x50 speed. I'm not aware if it affects the quality of the data, it just stops taking in data at over x50.

With an altitude of 200k and at x50 speed I can map a rotating planet I think in under one or two hours?