Kron series (Kron 6 end of mission) - temporary halt of program

lajoswinkler

Roger that, Kerty! Once my Dres mission (see the thread) arrives, it'll stand by to confirm crossing Dres orbit.

Kerty, could you please run a system check of the hibernating probes? Their artificial intelligence units are definitely working fine, but I want to make sure that the systems are still go.

The Kassini probe from Buzzsaw Aerospace is being opened for use as a comms relay for Kron 6 until the probe reaches it's deep-space correction manuver in 3 years

On 8/25/2016 at 10:56 AM, lajoswinkler said:

Kerty report #1

gerty.png

- day: 140

- speed: 11232.7 m/s

- distance from Kerbol: 21.6 million km

- crossing Duna's orbit

- first food harvest completed

What's Kerty doing?

Edited by OrbitalBuzzsaw

Kerty report #2

gerty.png

- day: 160

- speed: 9182.7 m/s

- distance from Kerbol: 35.5 million km

- crossing Dres's orbit

On 8/25/2016 at 5:09 PM, KAL 9000 said:

Kerty, could you please run a system check of the hibernating probes? Their artificial intelligence units are definitely working fine, but I want to make sure that the systems are still go.

Probes are unaffected by the ionizing radiation. Also, no Kerbol storms occured.

On 8/28/2016 at 8:04 PM, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

The Kassini probe from Buzzsaw Aerospace is being opened for use as a comms relay for Kron 6 until the probe reaches it's deep-space correction manuver in 3 years

What's Kerty doing?

Noice.

Kerty is playing Pong.

13 hours ago, DMSP said:

Seems like Kerty is pretty fine out there!

Plock seems like a relatively interesting place. Hard to get to, that's for sure.

Do you think we'll find anything interesting on Karen?

I have a hunch we will.

12 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

Who is Kerty playing Pong against? MechJeb?

MechJeb can't go near my laptop. :D

9 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Itself, and it's winning!

It's bi-winning.

15 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

--INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM DRES SCANSAT--

Kerty, warning! Detecting Class E Asteroid in Dresteroid belt on collision course with Kron 6! Evasive action recommended!

--END TRANSMISSION--

Where?!...

montyp_best01.jpg

11 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

After looking through Kubble Space Telescope images, we believe we've found landing sites for Kron 6 on Plock and Karen. Beros and Kyx are too small for details to be found.

Kaos 3 probe mapped a great deal of their surfaces, even some surface features of Beros and Kyx, check back a few pages for reference points.

8 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

Where?!...

montyp_best01.jpg

Kaos 3 probe mapped a great deal of their surfaces, even some surface features of Beros and Kyx, check back a few pages for reference points.

Where? 150km from Dres on escape trajectory at last detection. Relative velocity at impact is ~3000 m/s. This is an actual asteroid in one of my saves that I cross-checked with Kron 6's orbit :). Beginning analysis of Kaos 3 images. 

On 9/1/2016 at 10:08 AM, KAL 9000 said:

Where? 150km from Dres on escape trajectory at last detection. Relative velocity at impact is ~3000 m/s. This is an actual asteroid in one of my saves that I cross-checked with Kron 6's orbit :). Beginning analysis of Kaos 3 images. 

So I was reading this and thinking, well, time for a cross canonical rescue mission, when I realized:

Wait!

Kron 6 might be big, but it's a toothpick compared to the size of interplanetary space! There is no way an asteroid from Dres orbit hurled itself to escape velocity and onto a trajectory to hit that small a target by natural means! The odds are just too long, it can't be a coincidence! It has to have been intelligently targeted!

"an actual asteroid in one of my saves". Hmm...

Kal!

KAL!

Did you FLING that asteroid at Kron 6?

Kerty report #3

gerty.png

- day: 210

- speed: 7337.2 m/s

- distance from Kerbol: 66.9 million km

- crossing Jool's orbit

- several micrometeoroid impacts occured after crossing Dres's orbit; minor hull abrasions occured

- few days ago, a five and a half hour solar storm occured; no damage to the ship

On September 3, 2016 at 11:37 AM, greenTurtle1134 said:

So I was reading this and thinking, well, time for a cross canonical rescue mission, when I realized:

Wait!

Kron 6 might be big, but it's a toothpick compared to the size of interplanetary space! There is no way an asteroid from Dres orbit hurled itself to escape velocity and onto a trajectory to hit that small a target by natural means! The odds are just too long, it can't be a coincidence! It has to have been intelligently targeted!

"an actual asteroid in one of my saves". Hmm...

Kal!

KAL!

Did you FLING that asteroid at Kron 6?

Uhh... Um... Look, a butterfly! RUUUN!

Ok, actually, I was going to have the Asteroid Redirect probe rendezvous with Kron 6, but there was a Klaw failure... Seriously, that's actually what happened.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.