Navigating by the stars?

VincentMcConnell

After going through that thread on constellations in KSP, I took some time to look at the night sky of Kerbin in the game. I found that it is really, really sparse of stars. If this is an indication to what kerbals really observe in their sky, then I would have to say: Not in the same fashion as what we are used to. True they do have stars that are a constant, but when you take into account that there are just a couple handfulls up there, and that Kerbin\'s speed of rotation would introduce new factors, it makes me think they would probably have employed a tool different from a sextant or an octant.

This also makes me think it is quite possible that the Kerbol system sits further out on the edge of its galaxy than where Sol lies. That or it is surrounded by many more dark clouds of matter.

Kinda reminds me of the people of Krikkit, and how isolated they were from the rest of space.

...it is quite possible that the Kerbol system sits further out on the edge of its galaxy than where Sol lies. That or it is surrounded by many more dark clouds of matter.

I\'ve always wondered if that stuff on the ecliptic isn\'t a galaxy but some kind of nebula near Kerbin. If so, it makes a lot of sense that the nearby dust would obscure most stars. But, then, why does part of it glow and not the whole thing? Hmm. ???