Science Tree, Building, and the Node Numbers

Hello,

I am using my own Science Tree with much higher rate requirements than stock...25-50-100 etc on the 1st three node tiers...planes is 25 instead of 50 and is generally lower.

The problem is that the Science building says I have 100 Science available to research yet I can research more than that - I have 125 used with 75 available.

The other problem is that the 4th tier (which includes General Construction) is shut down; I cannot progress here.

Ideally the node numbers should work and they probly do but only for 'stock trees'.

I am not using a stock tree just to have more tiers available early on.

Also if the last Science Building upgrade allows for infinite Science it isnt a problem; but with my tree the numbers are going to be skewed way too low.

My science gains are appropriate and challenging for my tree; about a 60-70% increase in Science required; I cant changed the multiplier because the tree nodes are skewed somewhat non-linear.

There may be a compromise however and I am looking into it !

I can create missions to make more money at points where I get stuck and grind the kercash to upgrade the Science Biuilding; 500,000 is ALOT since I only have about 50,000 up to tier 2 - basic rocketry I think it is.

These missions would be a one time thing; I am using Contract Configutor which I hope is not to intrusive to the game; a few missions and the program is done.

Another thought is to have 5 upgrades - I just read there will be a 'Barn level 0' which makes for 4; nice; 5 vs 3 is great; 4 vs 3 is better thanks !

Zeta

Hi,

It would have been nice for someone to tell me what the Science limit means it would have helped - well I figured it out while I was streaming and have a suggestion...

and I know now this thread needs to be moved into suggestions...

The Science Building LIMIT is PER/Node not the total of all nodes like wow...

Well my tree is such that the 3rd tier nodes are 150 each - it would be nice to set those building upgrade limits or at least the Science Building limit thanks !

Zeta

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.