[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

Having an issue on one install. I have two separate instances of ksp, one on a mac laptop, one linux x64 desktop. Installing this on the mac directly from ckan works (though vers there is 1.8) and the default filters show up as expected. However, on the linux box, it doesn't seem to, nor does a manual install of the latest version with the new folder name. The linux install has more mods installed (64b is a godsend), but I tried deactivating all of the ones not on the mac and still nothing but stock+parachutes shows.

I saw JohnWildman's issue in this thread that looked similar, and I made sure texture replacer had been uninstalled, still no dice. Are there any other known mod incompatibilities?

Log: http://zeropride.com/trey/KSP.log

Installing this on the mac directly from ckan works (though vers there is 1.8)

If it's on CKAN it's not my doing. I'm not exactly a fan of it and will not support it.

Current version *should have* resolved the issue with texture replacer (although I haven't exactly tested it much). The most common error is DDS'ifying all your textures and having NF Solar installed (see this post. Not even my problem >.<) but your log is incomplete so I can't say if that's the issue here.

Edited by Crzyrndm

Hello Crzyrndm, I deleted old Filter Extension folder and I'm trying your new v1.11. I've notice that I'm getting repeated categories in the main mods tab. The error repeats for each main mod list. Here is a picture of the error. I seems that I may be making a repeated installation error, its repeated for me twice now. Any thoughts on what I maybe doing wrong?

http://postimg.org/image/5udyixcyr/

*Can't get my pic inserted in posting lol

Edited by CarnageINC

You probably have repeated filter for an older installation. A few versions back filters where in a different folder (000_config_and_icons). Also you may have been creating and/or copying filters in a different folder. check for it.

That might actually be two .dll's. Check you removed the old "Filter Extensions" folder as well as the icons folder. If not, my collision checker has failed yet again >.<

Edited by Crzyrndm

That might actually be two .dll's. Check you removed the old "Filter Extensions" folder as well as the icons folder. If not, my collision checker has failed yet again >.<

I made sure all old folders for "Filter Extensions" were removed. I noticed a change in folders with the last patch. I checked in the current filter ext. folder and did not see any double .dll's. But I did find that in the \GameData\000_FilterExtensions\Configs folder there are 4 folders, 2 contain similar .cfg files. 003_Category_ModFolders and Category_ModFolders both have the same named cfg. files but contain different information within. I suspect that is my problem. I'm not sure why the error repeats itself. I'm using a lot of different mods so I'm not sure if your .dll creating the doubles? I'll double check all my installation procedures and see if I can replicate the error for the third time.

- - - Updated - - -

I decided to 'getterdone' and deleted all 'filter extension' folders in gamedata and in my 'workshop' area. I unzipped the folders again, started fresh and that solved the problem. I must of 'contaminated' my 'workshop' folder with the 2 versions and combined them somehow. Sorry, I should of been more through in my trouble shooting.

Sorry, I should of been more through in my trouble shooting.

It's fine because now I know things be broked again :D (there's meant to be a check for duplicate subCategories but obviously it didn't work. Not really a surprise it keeps breaking though, it was never meant to be a final solution...)

Edited by Crzyrndm

If it's on CKAN it's not my doing. I'm not exactly a fan of it and will not support it.

Hm, that's odd. might want to track down whoever is maintaining it there and make sure they're complying with the license, and tell them to keep it up to date if they are or remove it if not. It's far from a perfect system, but it's used by a lot of people.

Current version *should have* resolved the issue with texture replacer (although I haven't exactly tested it much). The most common error is DDS'ifying all your textures and having NF Solar installed (see this post. Not even my problem >.<) but your log is incomplete so I can't say if that's the issue here.

Got it - it was indeed nf solar. odd, because that's installed on the mac where it works fine. I'm not sure I understand what that fix is - reverting a change to the texture? what change? there's a copy of it in nfsolar directory, another copy in filter extensions icons...

it - it was indeed nf solar. odd, because that's installed on the mac where it works fine. I'm not sure I understand what that fix is - reverting a change to the texture? what change? there's a copy of it in nfsolar directory, another copy in filter extensions icons...

The icon in the NF Solar directory cannot be changed in any way.

Filter Extensions v1.12 released

• Permanent fix for subcategory collision checker.
  • Inclusion of stage 1 of a basic config verification tool.
  • Icon style update - KaiserSoze

To get rid of the white icon in the editor, just delete filterCreator.dll

Currently all it is, is a debug helper for anyone writing configs. You can see all the nodes, what values they actually have (so if you made a typo, you'll see a blank space...), and all the parts that go into any custom subcategory. In future versions, I'll be adding the ability to create configs in the editor through this tool, skipping the need to restart for everything except loading new icons.

It's never going to be flashy or particularly amazing because the GUI is just for testing, but someone might find it useful (the config editor backend is my actual goal).

NOTE: It has a hard dependency on FilterExtensions.dll, don't try and use it without.

NOTE2: It's only showing subcategories with filters atm, no edit/delete types

Edited by Crzyrndm

I have a few suggestions. I', messing a little with the cfg in order to create more filter and subfilters in a similar way that they created by part catalog. that means:

- Cold it create dynamically subcategories based on part?. I'm just think on 2 cases, but I think could useful. Create a subcategory for every type of engine (based on propellant) and for every storage. this subcategoriues should be ONLY in the correspondent category (engines, storage). That way we can create filter for those which have control and create icons for them, but it could create more for any other type of engine and/or storage that any other mod uses. And use a default icon for them.

- I'm creating custom categories (sorry no release yet, just playing around). But I find that it would be VERY useful to have someway to create a fast subcategory including EVERYTHING that is in the subcategories that are included in that category. This "default" or "all" XXXXX" subcategory should be the fisrt in the list. Right now I'm creating them manually. But a hard work with a lot of potential to create mistakes (I have to manually inlcude all the filters all the other subcategories). If this is to much maybe a way to cerate a way to make a filter by reference. That way I just have to create the all subcategry and make reference to the others category. And If I change them...they will be changed also.

The .dll on github now handles multiple textures of the same name. If the texture you wanted to use is not the one showing up, add a number to the icon name in the cfg (eg: icon, icon1, icon2, ...). As you enter the main menu Filter Extensions will log each texture it renames (by path and prints the new reference). Currently this feature is limited to 1000 duplicates (if you hit that you have bigger problems...)

I have a few suggestions. I', messing a little with the cfg in order to create more filter and subfilters in a similar way that they created by part catalog. that means:

- Cold it create dynamically subcategories based on part?. I'm just think on 2 cases, but I think could useful. Create a subcategory for every type of engine (based on propellant) and for every storage. this subcategoriues should be ONLY in the correspondent category (engines, storage). That way we can create filter for those which have control and create icons for them, but it could create more for any other type of engine and/or storage that any other mod uses. And use a default icon for them.

- I'm creating custom categories (sorry no release yet, just playing around). But I find that it would be VERY useful to have someway to create a fast subcategory including EVERYTHING that is in the subcategories that are included in that category. This "default" or "all" XXXXX" subcategory should be the fisrt in the list. Right now I'm creating them manually. But a hard work with a lot of potential to create mistakes (I have to manually inlcude all the filters all the other subcategories). If this is to much maybe a way to cerate a way to make a filter by reference. That way I just have to create the all subcategry and make reference to the others category. And If I change them...they will be changed also.

Added to plans.

More suggestions.

- Crew capacity (in order to distinguish between probes and manned parts)

- Science Experiments. Since pretty much all manned parts have the crew experiment at least being able to extract those from all the other modules (labs if manned, experiments if not)

Crew Capacity - Done

CHECK
{
type = crew
value = 1,3 [COLOR=#008000]// matches all parts with a crew capacity equal to 1 or 3[/COLOR]
}

Science Experiments - check against experiment type/ID? (ie. crew report, goo, materials)

That was fast! Thank you

Regarding experiments its more tricky. I want to filter labs and/or experiment sensor. Sensors would be easy: they have experiments but no crew. I'm looking at the labs parts either form stock and from other mods. It's not done with the same part module as the other experiments, so should be easy to make a filter. I want to create a filter with all the science part excluding the part that only have crew report (but I think I can do that using the crew filter). My only problem would only be IF there is one part that need crew and has also more experiment: labs. So its kind of tricky. Because currently there is no way to do that. Even if you create the experiment type filter. Also I think there would be very little part under this definition (experiment are either unmanned or use they own part module).

So don't bother with this, yet.

The "Configs and Icons" addition in the OP appears to be duplicating categories if it's installed. See this screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/TtEwt3A.png

Uh, woops. That's not meant to be used anymore, the whole lot got rolled into the main download a few versions back. Delete the folder and I'll just go remove that link...

Filter Extensions v1.13 released

• Fixed critical error in category colour converter that would crash Filter Extensions if a non-hexadecimal character was used
  • Added crew CHECK type
  • Textures with duplicated names are now renamed instead of ignored. All renamings are logged against the original file path (renaming appends the first valid number starting from 1)
  • Create category button of FilterCreator is has some demo functionality enabled. The text colour will change to suit the entered colour if the entry is valid (eg. 0xff0000), and the icon text will turn green when a valid icon is entered. Clicking log new category will print the appropriate CATEGORY node in the log (which can then be copied straight into a text file from the alt+f2 window with ctrl+c)
Edited by Crzyrndm

Anyone know/remember why near future solar and filter extensions are not playing nice together? At least couldn't see anything special in the logs

Near future solar depends on a specific icon being in the right place. Removing or changing that icon breaks the event which FE attaches to.

Most common cause so far has been DDS'ifying all your textures (which changes the icon NF Solar looks for). That icon MUST be in PNG format (curvedsolarpanel.png from memory)

EDIT

NF Solar pull request submitted that will resolve this issue (well, shove a bandaid over it anyway, no time for recoding it)

I'm also looking into an internal verification step (so if it doesn't complete, there's a possibility of reattempting the initialisation depending on what stopped it)

Edited by Crzyrndm