[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

The Data Transmitter category doesn't account for RemoteTech. It should also filter for: ModuleRTDataTransmitter and ModuleSPUPassive

Also, it's not covered anywhere that I saw, and I'll assume it's not, but is it possible to have edits through MM or more filters in folders that are NOT this mod's folder?

EDIT: Would also like to submit the Fairing filter.

SUBCATEGORY{
category = Filter by Function, B9 Aerospace, KW Rocketry, Modular Rocket Systems, Squad, Near Future Technologies, Novapunch, RLA Stockalike, Umbra Space Industries, KSP Interstellar
title = Fairings
icon = Fairing
FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = title
value = Fairing
pass = true
}
}
}

Edited by Gribbleshnibit8

All filters and icons in any folder (except those inside a folder labelled PluginData IIRC, those are exempt from KSP's loading cycle) are picked up, and infact I would highly recommend having your personal ones seperated from the distributed ones to avoid updating issues.

Any .cfg file is MM compatible (see the use of :NEEDS[] for mod folders), assuming you use standard syntax, which FE does since MM is a great way to avoid conflicts

Edited by Crzyrndm

oh, I see the problem ([] indexing requires a "name" entry). I might have to revise the syntax to accomodate that better... (or I could just add a name key just for MM...)

Edited by Crzyrndm

oh, I see the problem ([] indexing requires a "name" entry). I might have to revise the syntax to accomodate that better... (or I could just add a name key just for MM...)

I did wonder about the name thing, guess that would be an issue. Hmm, So I could just add a name field to it and it should work then? Or wait for you to update it. I decided not to use RT until I can sort out a couple issues with configuring it, so that's ok.

I did wonder about the name thing, guess that would be an issue. Hmm, So I could just add a name field to it and it should work then? Or wait for you to update it. I decided not to use RT until I can sort out a couple issues with configuring it, so that's ok.

Next update will use name or title keys for labeling categories and subcategories (with name being the preferred option going forward and title remaining as a fallback for compatibility). That will make those MM indexable, and Filter/Check nodes can then be accessed by index for editing (or I can add a dummy name variable to those as well)

If you add a name field now it will work with MM fine (FE will just ignore it)

Edited by Crzyrndm

Thanks, I'm an ex user of PT myself. And you will notice that some icons are quite simialrs to the ones you have just summited :P (ART ans stations science for instance). I hope I find time to make icons for more mods and it'0s always great to have something to start with.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to send a bunch of filters I'm working with. This is already done in my test version. Due to the way the filters work it's no need for MM file, just to add a new filter to the subcategory. I will send them once I have them completed.

Due to the way the filters work it's no need for MM file, just to add a new filter to the subcategory.

Oh yea, the collision checker will handle a purposeful merge just as well as a random one (why am I the one that gets reminded about this stuff...)

A subcategory with the duplicate title/name and target category will have it's filters merged by FE. I'll still make the change to syntax so that other edits are possible, but adding filters to a subcategory works as-is

Edited by Crzyrndm

No I just made a new filter in the same subcategory file. Since they work as an OR they work fine. One have the original module and the other the module for Remote Tech. So if there is no RT installed the antenna is cached with the regular filter and if its installed the part it is cached with the remote tech module.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW. My plan for category/sucategory is this one:

Kernbonauts and drones

- Manned control

- Drones

- Passengers

- 1 Kerbal parts

- 2 Kerbal Parts

- 3 Kerbal Parts

- More than 3 kerbal parts

Reaction WHeels and RCS

- Reaction Wheels With Control

- Reaction wheels w/o control

- RCS

Engines

- LFO

- Jet

- Solid

- Ion

- Mono

- Karbonite

- Multimode

- Nuclear

- Plasma

- Argon

- Karbondorum

- Rock

- Fan

- Thermal

Strutuctural

- Adapters (connect different size parts)

- Coupler (connect 1 to x parts)

- Girder

- Launch clamps

- Struts (to reinforce ship)

Utils Part

- Decoupler

- Docking Ports

Landing Parts

- Landing Gears

- Landing Legs

- Parachutes

- Rover Wheels

Electrical

-Generators

- Solar pannels

- Batteries

Science

- Sensors

- Labs

- Antennas

Aero

- Ablative Shield

- Wings

- Control Surface

- Farigins

- Air Intake

These subcategories will NOT be in teh general filter by function in order to create to many there, only in their own category. Parts can (and will) be in more than 1 subcategory sometimes. I'm considering repeating subcategories in more than 1 main category (for instance duplicate landing gear in landing part and in aero, but not decided yet).

Each subcategory will have icon and remember that if they are empty they will not show for you.

It's going to take me a few days (I have done the engines and the kerbonauts right now, but no icons yet yo I haven't released them.

Any suggestion?

Edited by KaiserSoze
Forgot some categories

So, some good news. I have a workaround for the issues where FE would fail to work due to problems in other mods (eg. NF Solar with DDS'ified textures). Unless the issue is related to FE there is not much chance of it failing to initialise once this particular fix is public.

Now, hopefully that's the end of that particular annoyance. Being vulnerable to something I couldn't control was bugging me to no end.

@KaiserSoze:

I m not sure about the balance of "crowdedness of category" vs "crowd of categories".

This is my proposal based on my experience from the SETI mod, where reducing clutter is one of my main foci.

I Command & Control

a) manned

B) unmanned

c) control (reaction wheels + RCS)

II Tanks & Storage

a) liquid fuel

B) advanced fuels (eg Xenon)

c) Ka/K+/Ke

d) thermal/plasma/aso

e) Life support + special storage

f) Universal Storage wedges

III Engines

a) liquid fuel

B) Solid

c) Jets + Intakes

d) multimode

e) advanced propulsion (ion, nuclear)

f) Ka/K+/Ke (mineable resources mods)

g) thermal/plasma/aso

IV Structural

a) standards (launch clamp, struts, fuel line, inline structural elements)

B) decouplers + adapters + couplers

d) girders

e) Docking Ports + Fairings

f) Habitat (Kolonization mod)

V Electrics & Resource Extraction

a) Internal (Batteries + Generators)

B) External (Solar + Heat dissipators for KSPI)

c) Resourse Extraction

VI Science

a) Antenna + Science Lab

B) Sensor/Experiment

VII Survivability + Mobility

a) Parachutes + Heat Shields

B) Landing gear + legs + rover wheels

VIII Aero

a) Wings

B) Winglets

c) Control surfaces

Edited by Yemo

Hey, I've been using this addon as a replacement for PartCatalog, and it works really well. However, I have a lot of addons installed that do not have any icons, so only seven or so of my addons can actually be filtered. Is there any chance that a generic icon could be included, for use with addons that do not have a custom icon?

@KaiserSoze and DMagic icon looks very similar too :wink:

Mmm, maybe I forgot to update a new version for this icon. I've changed to it to be based on DMagic flag. Probably tomorrow I will send a pull with a lot of subcategories (right now I have 59 on my PC) a a few more icons

Filter Extensions v1.14 Released

• Added auto-generated "All Parts in Category" sub-category option for new categories
  • Resolved ongoing issues with other mods preventing Filter Extensions from initialising
  • Category and Sub-category "title" key has been deprecated in favour of the "name" key to better support Module Manager patches. Existing configs remain functional, all distributed configs have been updated to reflect this change.
  • Resolved bug with non-procedural sub-categories in "mod" type categories that was causing only the parts from the first listed mod to be displayed (Issue #21 on github)
  • Resolved bug with propellant check to account for engines with multiple engine modules. A single propellant type CHECK will now be run against every propellant from all engine modules (Issue #20 on github)

"All Parts in Category" subCategories

To use, add an "all = true" entry to a category config

Changes to propellant type CHECK

Some existing configs may break because of this change. I had to change over the "Engines - Jet" subcategory to specifically checking for intake air instead of not having liquid fuel so that the RAPIER remains in the category

Other Mod's preventing Filter Extensions from initialising

There's about a 5 second delay on initialisation if it runs into problems (see video for the expected behaviour).

Filter Extensions v1.15 Released

• Added "engine" type category. Will automatically generate subcategories for all available combinations of propellants (no value key used, only the type key)
  • Improvements to Filter Extensions internal structure to better support being used as a reference
  • Added "multicoupler" custom type CHECK. Matches to parts with >2 stack nodes
  • Numerous icons and configs thanks once again to KaiserSoze
  • RemoteTech config additions thanks to Gribbleshnibit8
  • Fixed "All Parts in Category" type subcategories not including parts from procedural subcategories
  • Fixed subcategory edit configs being removed as duplicates
  • Fixed subcategory icon edits not refreshing until clicked on

The next thing on my list of things to do is going to be a second CHECK configuration option (bringing the total possible states from 2 to 4). This will be a does not contain type CHECK (which gives a slightly different result to invert which causes the Check to return false if it does contain a listed value). The current two state Check has no easy way of eliminating parts which match the required condiions but have more variables (eg. to find tanks witn only LiquidFuel, you need an inverted Check for every other resource option, which is less than ideal).

Good work. And it seems a good cleanup of my cfg files (dont have time to test it today so I just have a look at the raw files).

Also very good thing with the new check option. That will be used.

Finally I have some concern. As you have seen I had to do a workarounf instead of use "crew = 0" and invert. That was becasue many part have no crew value (engines, etc) and therefore they return false when tested for crew=0, and if inverted..they get a true. even if they have no crew at all. At least that was on my tests, not sure if you have fixed that, but I'm not sure.

Finally I have some concern. As you have seen I had to do a workarounf instead of use "crew = 0" and invert. That was becasue many part have no crew value (engines, etc) and therefore they return false when tested for crew=0, and if inverted..they get a true. even if they have no crew at all. At least that was on my tests, not sure if you have fixed that, but I'm not sure.

!(1-20+) should be the same as (==0), the non crew/command/w/e parts have to be filtered out another way (eg. module command) which I believe was done. Atleast, I didn't see any issues while I was cleaning.

Welp, after I updated to the latest version it stopped working. I literally see zero items in the lists. All the filters are still there, but the parts just don't show up. How do I start troubleshooting this?

!(1-20+) should be the same as (==0), the non crew/command/w/e parts have to be filtered out another way (eg. module command) which I believe was done. Atleast, I didn't see any issues while I was cleaning.

Yeah, Proobaly I filter all the other parts anyway. But should be tested anyway. Drones part may not have crew attribute (since the minimum crew to operate is inside CommandModule) and therefore they may fulfill !(crew==0) even if they have no crew. I will check this with my list of mods to see it it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, after I updated to the latest version it stopped working. I literally see zero items in the lists. All the filters are still there, but the parts just don't show up. How do I start troubleshooting this?

stock or modded install?

I'll test it later today with my heavy moded install to see if I have any issue.