[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

stock or modded install?

I'll test it later today with my heavy moded install to see if I have any issue.

I have a ginormous mod folder. I was previously on 1.12 as I hadn't checked in a while. That worked without problems.

yeah i got issues with latest version as well only things showing up are SRB's:(

I got the same issue, I have a lot of mods installed here a list of folder in my gamedata:

000_FilterExtensions

000_Toolbar

000_USITools

ActiveTextureManagement

ArcanumIndustries

AviationLights

CommunityResourcePack

Contracts Window

DavonTCsystemsMod

Diazo

DMagic Orbital Science

EditorExtensions

EngineerRedux

EnhancedNavBall

ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads

FerramAerospaceResearch

Firespitter

FirstPersonEVA

GingerCorp

Hangar

HullCameraVDS

InFlightWaypoints

KAS

KerbalStats

kOS

KSP-AVC

MagicSmokeIndustries

MechJeb2

ModuleManager.2.5.6.dll

NavHud

NEBULA

NehemiahInc

notes

NothkeSerCom

OpenResourceSystem

PreciseNode

ProceduralDynamics

ProceduralFairings

QuickExit

RCSBuildAid

RealChute

Regolith

Squad

StageRecovery

StationScience

SurfaceLights

TCShipInfo

TechManager

ThunderAerospace

Trajectories

TriggerTech

TweakScale

UmbraSpaceIndustries

UniversalStorage

WombatConversions

This one might take a while to pin down (nothing useful in the log...) and I can't do anything about that until much later tonight. Please revert to 1.14 if you are experiencing issues :sealed:

Edited by Crzyrndm

Unfortunately the fix for the initialization problem, works only once. Once you exit and reenter VAB, poof...

That on the other hand is a 5 second fix (I think I know exactly what's happened there...). Yay for easy bugs :D (or is it boo for forgetting the little things. I forgot to reset the status once the checking was done...)

Edited by Crzyrndm

Broken here as well. I get the 2 vertical rows of icons for the various main and sub category's on the left, but the box on the right that should contain the actual parts is empty. I do like all the main and sub category icons however. When you get it working, it will be a gem! Please keep up the good work! Reverting back to 1.14 in the mean time.

Broken here as well. I get the 2 vertical rows of icons for the various main and sub category's on the left, but the box on the right that should contain the actual parts is empty. I do like all the main and sub category icons however. When you get it working, it will be a gem! Please keep up the good work! Reverting back to 1.14 in the mean time.

*Most* of the categories from the 1.15 download will work just fine with 1.14 (the exception being the engines category, which changed to being procedural with 1.15), it's just the .dll that needs replacing.

EDIT

Ok, I can reproduce the issue locally. Hopefully it won't take much to track down and fix

Edited by Crzyrndm

v1.15.1 released

• Fixed critical bug with icon editing that was removing most parts from the editor
  • Fixed initialisation check only running on first editor entry

Hopefully no more showstoppers like that for a while...

Showstoppers or not this is still the best mod for .90, keep up the good work. Now please excuse me while I go play with the new update! :D

v1.15.1 released

• Fixed critical bug with icon editing that was removing most parts from the editor
  • Fixed initialisation check only running on first editor entry

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, v1.15.2 is out.

The only change is that I completely disabled the culprit of this entire mess. Subcategories in the "Engines" category will all show up with the wrong icon until you first click on them because of this, but feature wise everything is functional.

Edited by Crzyrndm

It seems I was right regarding the crew filter. You need to fix the crew filter or we need to recover my old trick. Crew= 0 doesn't means that a part no crew as it is right now. It means that a part have crew attribute and it is set to 0. But if a part have no crew attribute then it will not have crew =0.

This creates various issues. I can fix that again recovering my old trick, but a more elegant issue will be to modify the code itself so is there is no crew attribute it consideres that crew=0. (I'm reluctant to change the code itselft since I do not fully know how it work and I could do more harm than good, but seems easy)

Problems of this issue can be seen in multiple kerbal part and in the light subcategories, for instance.

It seems I was right regarding the crew filter. You need to fix the crew filter or we need to recover my old trick. Crew= 0 doesn't means that a part no crew as it is right now. It means that a part have crew attribute and it is set to 0. But if a part have no crew attribute then it will not have crew =0.

I just checked, all parts without an explicit crew capacity report it as zero as expected. There's a slight oversight on my part in that it doesn't sanity check anything less than zero as equal to zero, but that shouldn't be a problem in this case.

I need a specific part or parts that isn't behaving as expected, and the related configs.

Also regarding the engines issue. Try with just Karbonite or Near Future Propulsion for instance, both add new types of engine so you may see the problem (which righ now seems only to be with icons)

If you mean the icons not showing up right in the engines category, that was the bit I had to remove to get everything working again.

EDIT

Just spitballing on how I want the new CHECK state to behave, I haven't really come up with a good name for the key.

This is my "documentation" of how I want CHECK to work (using the key "contains" here for the new variable, default is true). If you have a better name for it, I would like to hear it

Props1: LiquidFuel,Oxidiser
Props2: LiquidFuel,Oxidiser,ElectricCharge

CHECK
{
type = propellant
value = LiquidFuel,Oxidiser
}

results: Both pass, both contain atleast one listed value

CHECK
{
type = propellant
invert = true
}

results: Both fail, both contain atleast one listed value, result inverted

CHECK
{
type = propellant
contains = false
}

results: Props1 fails, doesn't contain any values not in the list. Props 2 passes, ElectricCharge is not listed

CHECK
{
type = propellant
invert = true
contains = false
}

results: Props1 passes, doesn't contain any values not in the list. Props 2 fails, ElectricCharge is not listed

The advantage of this state will be useful mainly when invert is also true because it allows you to limit against any extra values without having to list each one individually

eg. Match engines with Liquid Fuel and Oxidiser only

FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = propellant
value = LiquidFuel
}
CHECK
{
type = propellant
value = Oxidiser
}
CHECK
{
type = propellant
invert = true
contains = false
}
}

Obviously this is a value that only makes a difference when a part has multiple values to be applied (currently: modules, propellants, resources, and part size)

Edited by Crzyrndm

I just checked, all parts without an explicit crew capacity report it as zero as expected. There's a slight oversight on my part in that it doesn't sanity check anything less than zero as equal to zero, but that shouldn't be a problem in this case.

I need a specific part or parts that isn't behaving as expected, and the related configs.

It happens in passengers, multiple kerbals and light. About parts the only stock example I can think of is the ligths not showing in the lights filters. If your lights show properly in the light filter as it is, then maybe something else is messing with it (I have a few mods installed)

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding your new filter. I like the functionality.

The most missing function I have encounter I to filter part that have one check (One part module for instance), but not a multiple list of others. For instance things that have modules A,B or C but at the same time NOT have modules X,Y,Z.

yo with your example that would be done this way?

FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = PartModule
value = A,B,C
}
CHECK
{
type = PartModule
value = X,Y,Z
contains = false
}
}

If so then I'm ok.

Regarding the engines.

The issue Is that it seems to use its own filter instead of the custom filter. In my installation it uses the autogenerated filter for Karbonite engines instead of the custom one (I know that because the name it gives the filter its autogerenated), also happens with plasma engines, now its renamed (ingame) to Hydrogen + electric. It's the same filter (shows the same engines) but somehow but it's not only the change in the icon (using a default instead of the custom one) it also changes the name. This is what makes me think that the autofilter is having precedence over the custom filter (either is loaded before, is overruling the custom one or not allowing the custom one to be loaded). Also this could be in my head and be just a coincidence for something else.

Your example already exists.

FILTER{
CHECK
{
type = PartModule
value = A,B,C
}
CHECK
{
type = PartModule
value = X,Y,Z
invert = true
}
}

This would be has any of A/B/C and not any of X/Y/Z

What you wrote evaluates to: has any of A/B/C and has anything not X/Y/Z (which has to be true since A/B/C is present). Contains is going to be most useful when inverted

FILTER{
CHECK
{
type = PartModule
value = A,B,C
}
CHECK
{
type = PartModule
value = A,B,C
invert = true
contains = false
}
}

Returns true only when no modules other than A/B/C are present.

Without invert, it can be used to find all exceptions to a rule

CHECK
{
type = resource
value = LiquidFuel
contains = false
}

Returns true for any part that has a resource other than LiquidFuel (good for those catch-all unfiltered categories).

When contains is true, the Check is for values which are explicitly listed. When contains is false the Check is for values which aren't explicitly listed.

Regarding the engines.

The issue Is that it seems to use its own filter instead of the custom filter. In my installation it uses the autogenerated filter for Karbonite engines instead of the custom one (I know that because the name it gives the filter its autogerenated), also happens with plasma engines, now its renamed (ingame) to Hydrogen + electric. It's the same filter (shows the same engines) but somehow but it's not only the change in the icon (using a default instead of the custom one) it also changes the name. This is what makes me think that the autofilter is having precedence over the custom filter (either is loaded before, is overruling the custom one or not allowing the custom one to be loaded). Also this could be in my head and be just a coincidence for something else.

That will be because the filter you have defined has the exact same filters as the procedural version. Remove the filters, add the "oldTitle" field and it will be as you expect.

Procedural subcategories are initialised at the same time as the categories they belong to, which is prior to config subcategories

EDIT

I found the problem with the lights subcategory. It's looking for moduleCommand, when it should be looking for not moduleCommand

Edited by Crzyrndm