[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

I'll get "name" tested when I get a chance. Could be a while though

I now testing different ways. 'name' works with stock parts, but does not work with mods. Still, it remains impossible to transfer part of the stock category to the custom (stock parts too). When written FILTER item appears in a new category and remains the stock. If you write 'category = none', it either disappears altogether (for example, written 'title'), or the game freezes on startup (for example, written 'moduleName').

Generally, with the parts from mods it is extremely unstable. From 'Kethane Mod Pack' no option is able to take a generator. In other cases, the game often crashes.

If you want, I can even test and write exactly what is happening in different situations.

Removing subcategories:

Thank you.

Edited by Helmut

I now testing different ways. 'name' works with stock parts, but does not work with mods. Still, it remains impossible to transfer part of the stock category to the custom (stock parts too).

I seem to have missed something in previous messages. A transfer requires you to block it from the stock category definition as well as add it to something else. You do not change the part itself, particularly "category = none" is just going to mean you can never see that part.

NOTE: This relies on the stock category definitions shipped with FE (category, subcategories)

@SUBCATEGORY[Utility] // insert appropriate stock subcategory name here
{
@FILTER
{
// block any parts in these subcategories
CHECK
{
type = subcategory
value = // insert your subcategory name(s) here
invert = true
}
}
}

I tried to change the electrical icon in the stock rework config to one of squads R&D icons and the right icon appears but it is always in the depressed view.

If I'm in pods the electrical icon will have a light blue background but white icon. What can I do to fix this? Thanks!

Strange.

Icons come in two flavors. For example:

FILENAME.DDS

FILENAME_selected.DDS

The DDS might be another extension. I converted mine to DDS images when they weren't. If you have FILENAME and FILENAME_selected then they should show up. And since you picked stock, those should both be there. Double check that, but if they are both present then I am not sure. I'd expect to see either both or neither but not just one.

Stock Icons automatically generate the second state, there is no "_selected" version. I'll check this out on Monday.

@Felbourn

Can't use DDS for these, the stock system requires read access to the image files (which the stock DDS loader doesn't have)

I'll add that I changed the flight category icon back to the stock icon, stockIcon_flight I believe, and it works just fine. But any R&D_* icon doesn't generate the second state. However the R&D icons still work just fine in their normal spots and if I make a custom category using Squads in-game system.

Also I downloaded through CKAN and only got the plugin and stock replacement files, I didn't download the default config. Is there maybe something I'm missing from that?

Stock Icons automatically generate the second state, there is no "_selected" version. I'll check this out on Monday.

@Felbourn

Can't use DDS for these, the stock system requires read access to the image files (which the stock DDS loader doesn't have)

I'm curious how mine works then. I routinely convert all textures to DDS and delete originals.

*edit* All mod textures, not stock textures. Maybe you mean that?

Hello,

I am 'trying' to get the AIES landing struts to be displayed with the rest of the landingLegs.

I added the simple change of "strut" to the value line, but that is not working.

Any ideas or corrections to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I've faced with issue that seems to be reported, but not fixed.

The categories got empty after revert to VAB/SPH

[Filter Extensions] Category refresh failed

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[Filter Extensions]

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[Filter Extensions] at RUIToggleButtonTyped.PopOtherButtonsInGroup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RUIToggleButtonTyped.SetTrue (.RUIToggleButtonTyped btn, ClickType clickType, Boolean popButtonsInGroup) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FilterExtensions.Core.setSelectedCategory () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PartCategorizer.UpdateCategoryNameLabel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartCategorizer+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by pamidur
s/return/revert

Hello,

I am 'trying' to get the AIES landing struts to be displayed with the rest of the landingLegs.

I added the simple change of "strut" to the value line, but that is not working.

Any ideas or corrections to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Adding "strut" would only work if the leg uses the Firespitter animation module as well. I'll need to check the .cfg when I get the chance later to advise how best to add them.

I've faced with issue that seems to be reported, but not fixed.

This is a stock issue with nothing to do with FE. I can't fix things I didn't break

I'd like to suggest a thing: multiple filters

I'm not at all sure how easy this would be to implement, but I've sometimes found myself wanting to look specifically at, say, 2.5m engines (I can only filter specifically 2.5m parts or engines, but not both at once) or engines from a given folder in GameData (say, if it isn't from one of the mods that FE is preprogrammed to recognize)

Which can be really annoying if you have too many engines to reasonably sort through them in a timely manner

As far as I can think, having "part type" filters on top of cross-section filters or on top of manufacturer filters are the only ones that would result in considerable increase in ease

By what is possibly a bug in Squads code, that already exists.

1) Select your first subcategory

2) Right Click on additional categories and subcategories to overlay more

The subcategory list can get very long if you need more than two categories though :P

SUBCATEGORY
{
name = [COLOR=#ff0000]<the name of the category>[/COLOR]
icon = [COLOR=#ff0000]<the name of your icon file>[/COLOR]

FILTER
{
CHECK
{
type = profile
value = [COLOR=#ff0000]<the profile id used on the part>[/COLOR]
}
}
}

@CATEGORY[Filter?by?Cross-Section?Profile]
{
@SUBCATEGORIES
{
list = 26,[COLOR=#ff0000]<name of your subcategory>[/COLOR]
}
}

If you want to change the subcategory ordering, the category is in Configs\Default\StockCategories.cfg

• 2 weeks later...

There's something I just noticed which might be just me but I don't think so.

I'm not getting any of the KWrockerty parts showing up under the filter by cross sectional profile categories. I've tested this on a fresh 1.04 install only KW 2.7.0-community and Filter Extensions 2.4.1 installed from CKAN.

In career mode, parts aren't appearing in any of the categories until I've manually paid to unlock them - meaning I can only access my new parts if I buy the unlocks manually in the RnD center, which is a real hassle. I can't think what could be causing this other than this mod. Any ideas?

In career mode, parts aren't appearing in any of the categories until I've manually paid to unlock them - meaning I can only access my new parts if I buy the unlocks manually in the RnD center, which is a real hassle. I can't think what could be causing this other than this mod. Any ideas?

Go to the main space center scene and click the button in the toolbar for this mod it should bring up the setting menu, and there is a option for hide unpurchased. Uncheck and profit! :)

I really like the new categorizing of the update concerning stock items! One unfortunate bug I have though is that when reverting to Vehicle Assembly makes all parts disappear. I need to switch to KSC and then back to VAB to see them again, happened after install of this mod and was reproducable quite some times now. Just wondering if this fixable

Keep up the nice work!

I have recently been getting this issue, I didn't install any additional mods before this started so am unsure what the cause is. Was there a solution proposed?

Thanks

Casper