[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

25 minutes ago, TK421d said:

just a note, having the same "all but pods gone" issue:  the parts show up in sandbox mode, its just career that is affected, not sure why.

Science as well. I've never played a career game. 

1 hour ago, TK421d said:

just a note, having the same "all but pods gone" issue:  the parts show up in sandbox mode, its just career that is affected, not sure why.

Well, at least this could be a reason why I didn't observed this issue, as I tested the fix. It can be that Quickstart loaded my Test-Sandbox game. :/

@ All:
Crzyrndm will know where to search, he has only changed like 3-4 lines of code to fix a duplication issue.
For now just revert to the last version. The DLL (and the version file) is the only thing changed. Just copy the DLL (or both) out of the last version archive.

Just now, mechanicH said:

Didnt work for me, i used CKAN to update it...should i do it manually?

Uninstall via ckan, delete the zip folder from ckan's dl archive and re-download - should force it to get the latest version with no errors.

Is there an easy way to mak a category for SXT-Parts? Using a file from a different mod failed. 

//Changes bulkhead profiles to the smaller Size00 (0.35m) if FilterExtensions is installed.
@PART[RLA_tiny_vac|RLA_mmrtg|RLA_mp_tiny_stack|RLA_tiny_torque_radial]:FOR[RLA_Stockalike]:NEEDS[FilterExtensions]
{
    %bulkheadProfiles = size00, srf
}

In that, I tried to put in part names from SXT.

Could someone explain please, what should be done?

3 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Is there an easy way to mak a category for SXT-Parts? Using a file from a different mod failed. 

//Changes bulkhead profiles to the smaller Size00 (0.35m) if FilterExtensions is installed.
@PART[RLA_tiny_vac|RLA_mmrtg|RLA_mp_tiny_stack|RLA_tiny_torque_radial]:FOR[RLA_Stockalike]:NEEDS[FilterExtensions]
{
    %bulkheadProfiles = size00, srf
}

In that, I tried to put in part names from SXT.

Could someone explain please, what should be done?

That's changing parts so that they show up in an existing FE category (the "size 0.325m" category in bulkhead profiles). From my simple test categories, this is a good example of how to create a subcategory for all parts in a GameData folder.

• Change #1: Your GameData folder name
  • Change #2, #3: Your subcategory name
  • Change #4: Replace with @CATEGORY[Filter?by?Function] (Assuming that's where you want it to show up)
1 hour ago, Omnipius said:

I still have no parts even after a clean install. Fix is ineffective. Rolling back for now.

Definitely require a log

@Crzyrndm

Just want to give a little feedback to 2.8.1.1:

I fired up the game, gone to the editor and wanted to build a stock parts ship. So I've gone to the left squad category and "only saw the pods" again. Career game.
I have gone back to "filter by function" then and everything was there.
Back to squad category, now everything was there also.

No I've just reverted to the VAB. Same. Squad category only shows parts in "all" and "pods". The parts are identical. Clicking "Filter by function" and back to "Squad". Still only pods.
Now "Filter by function", "Fuel Tanks", "Squad" and all icons are there.

Seems clicking a subcategory on "Filter by function" is needed to initialize the subcategory on "Squad" (and maybe others). Rechecked version, is 2.8.1.1. However, the anti-duplication fix works. :)

Edited by Jebs_SY

6 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

@Crzyrndm

Just want to give a little feedback to 2.8.1.1:

I fired up the game, gone to the editor and wanted to build a stock parts ship. So I've gone to the left squad category and "only saw the pods" again. Career game.
I have gone back to "filter by function" then and everything was there.
Back to squad category, now everything was there also.

No I've just reverted to the VAB. Same. Squad category only shows parts in "all" and "pods". The parts are identical. Clicking "Filter by function" and back to "Squad". Still only pods.
Now "Filter by function", "Fuel Tanks", "Squad" and all icons are there.

Seems clicking a subcategory on "Filter by function" is needed to initialize the subcategory on "Squad" (and maybe others). Rechecked version, is 2.8.1.1. However, the anti-duplication fix works. :)

Here too, same stuff. Only command pods from all subcategories. (where no pods, no  itens)

The fix did bring the *majority* of parts back, but I'm experiencing a weird absence of all the docking parts. (and, as far as I can see, only specifically them)

I should mention, that I only play in career mode, and have the mod Community Tech Tree installed. (amongst a ton others!)

For me it seems a bit more odd: Parts are visible *if* I've looked at them in the 'blue' tabs first.  Or at least, looked at some of the blue tabs first.  This appears to be per-session in the VAB or SPH.  Once I've looked at them in the blue tabs, I can see them in the green.  Otherwise, I can't.

I may be able to get a log up (there'll be lots of mods...) in a bit.

Quick initial test looks good.

Loaded career game, entered VAB, clicked on one of the advanced categories (left column), all expected parts shown. In 2.8.1.1 only pods would have shown if I hadn't clicked on one of the other filter-by-function (right column) categories first.

Further clicking around through the categories showed no obvious omissions (barring the previously reported Coatl Aerospace missing from filter by manufacturer).