[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

Real chutes parts are not showing in the autoloader for mods. Tested with only RealChutes installed and still happening. Could it be that all the parts start with "RC_"? (the part are loaded normally in utilities category)

Also tweakscale have category but no part, the mod itself has no part so thats ok. But it also has a lot of cfg files so maybe thats the reason the autoloader thinks its a modpart. (maybe one of them is causing something strange)

Real chutes parts are not showing in the autoloader for mods. Tested with only RealChutes installed and still happening. Could it be that all the parts start with "RC_"? (the part are loaded normally in utilities category)

Also tweakscale have category but no part, the mod itself has no part so thats ok. But it also has a lot of cfg files so maybe thats the reason the autoloader thinks its a modpart. (maybe one of them is causing something strange)

I found the problem with RealChutes. As of 1.2.6.2, stupid_chris changed the category of RealChute parts to be none (which is normally used to hide parts that aren't meant to be used) so that they no longer show up in the Utility tab and only in his new "parachutes" subcategory. I've been filtering out all parts that use the none category because in the past it's only ever been used to hide parts. I may need to make a whitelist to get around this.

Tweakscale I'm not having any issues with.

Seems to be an awesome mod. Unfortunately it seems that I am just to supid to get it running. Unfortunately I cant find any installation instructions. I just put the two folders 000_Configs an Icons and Filter Extensions into the gamefolder. Behind that point I have no clue what to do.

Did I miss something? Or did I just misunderstood the whole thing? :blush:

The reason might probably be that I am using x64.

Good work. I don't like the white list idea (too much work and could get outdated), but it seems the only way. Hopefully not many modders will use the "none" category for parts that they actually use.

I'll do more test about tweakscale to find out why I'm having this (could be some mod incompatibilioty on my side). If I can narrow it I'll raise an issue, otherwise don't bother.

I don't like the white list idea (too much work and could get outdated), but it seems the only way.

Pretty much. Once Chris gets back from his holiday I'll pester him about reverting that particular change so I don't have to rely on such an annoying way of getting everything to show up correctly.

EDIT

Million times better idea, MM patch the category back to utility (*smacks head for not thinking of that first*)

Edited by Crzyrndm

I just saw your commit (I was curious about where you were going to put the list :P) and have the same though when I saw it . Why didn't I think of that?. As a matter of fact the MM patch is the white list. Elegant in its simplicity and very easy to update if required

v1.7 Released

• Added minimum dimensions for all icons. Dimensions must now be between 25 and 40 pixels (inclusive)
  • Subcategory collision checker is now fully working as intended
  • Added a module manager patch for realchute parts to prevent incompatibility with changes made in RealChute v1.2.6.2 where the category was assigned none
  • A second download is now available, bundling many icons and configs to make usage smoother. Drop the "000_Configs and Icons" folder into GameData to use. Many thanks to KaiserSoze for the icons and AccidentalDissasembly for the configs

I just saw your commit (I was curious about where you were going to put the list :P)

I have a stalker now? :P

I have a stalker now? :P

So it seems. I hope to finish tomorrow my mod icons. Also will have a look at your config files, probably will make a few changes so they use icons I have yet to create (USI will have icon based on the flag Roverdude made once I scaled it down and make it with transparencies)

Feature request:

Custom Filters

Value: "Solid Engine"

Returns true if the part is an engine that runs on a solid fuel

Value: "Mono Engine"

Returns true if the part is an engine that runs on mono fuel only

Edited by Kolago

Feature request:

Custom Filters

Value: "Solid Engine"

Returns true if the part is an engine that runs on a solid fuel

Value: "Mono Engine"

Returns true if the part is an engine that runs on mono fuel only

This might do it for the solid engines, but I don't know how to do the mono engines off the top of my head:

SUBCATEGORY

{

category = Filter by Function

title = Solid Boosters

icon = R&D_node_icon_generalrocketry // or you can pick another icon, I dunno

FILTER

{

CHECK

{

type = resource

value = SolidFuel // this assumes that every part with solid fuel is a booster

}

}

}

foreach (Propellant p in propellants)
{
if (p.name == "LiquidFuel")
LF = true;
else if (p.name == "Oxidizer")
LOx = true;
else if (p.name == "MonoPropellant")
Mono = true;
}
return LF && LOx && Mono;

Edited by Kolago

By the way, this doesn't work:

Solid Fuel with a space IIRC (check the ingame listing of propellants for the name) (E: Yup, Solid Fuel, Liquid Fuel, etc. spaces are being used)

I'll hurry up and add a way to check engine fuel types properly. I keep meaning to, I have a way to do it, I just haven't got to it :sticktongue:

Edited by Crzyrndm

Solid Fuel with a space IIRC (check the ingame listing of propellants for the name)

I'll hurry up and add a way to check engine fuel types properly. I keep meaning to, I have a way to do it, I just haven't got to it :sticktongue:

Coolness. Also, I just loaded up a game with 1.7, but none of the categories I defined are loading. Maybe I installed wrong? 000_Configs and Icons is inside GameData, of course, and the DLL is in GameData as well (not in any subdirectory). But no dice on the new categories listed in the configs...

Hmm, filtering by mod isn't loading either.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Coolness. Also, I just loaded up a game with 1.7, but none of the categories I defined are loading. Maybe I installed wrong? 000_Configs and Icons is inside GameData, of course, and the DLL is in GameData as well (not in any subdirectory). But no dice on the new categories listed in the configs...

Hmm, filtering by mod isn't loading either.

That sounds like something broke. Take a gander through the log

Thanks! "Solid Fuel" does it!

In your "Power Storage.cfg" is this error as well, this works:

CHECK
{
type = resource
value = Electric Charge
}

Whoops, fixed ;)

I am scratching my head about filters for "Crew Cabins" and not "CommandPod" and "Cargo Bays"

Maybe "CrewCapacity > 0" and not "CommandPod"?

Cargo bays you can catch by title because that's what FAR uses to find them (may need a few more variations on this)

FILTER    {
CHECK
{
type = title
value = Cargo Bay
pass = true
}
}

I'll add a custom check for crew cabins (or rather, I'll finish linking it up >.>) because I don't see a real need to check parts by the number of crew they can take

Honestly not sure how to read the log, I didn't see anything damning. HEre it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_logFilterExt.txt

Perhaps it's the SolidFuel / Solid [sPACE] Fuel issue? Though I don't really understand: the name of the resource is "SolidFuel", not "Solid Fuel"...

EDIT: Same thing with ElectricCharge. Names should correspond to the name of the resource that's in the part config, as is done by just about everything else...

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Honestly not sure how to read the log, I didn't see anything damning. HEre it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_logFilterExt.txt

Perhaps it's the SolidFuel / Solid [sPACE] Fuel issue? Though I don't really understand: the name of the resource is "SolidFuel", not "Solid Fuel"...

EDIT: Same thing with ElectricCharge. Names should correspond to the name of the resource that's in the part config, as is done by just about everything else...

Yea, it's going to have to change for consistency anyway. v1.8 will use the resource name as it is in the configs.

EDIT

This is your error:

[COLOR=#000000]IsolatedStorageException: Could not find file "C:\Games\KSPNew\GameData\NearFutureSolar\Icons\curvedSolarFilter.png"[/COLOR]

Waiting on Nertea to get back from holiday to knock that one on the head. Could you just check that there is an icon (curvedSolarFilter.png) where it is looking for it?

Just a small suggestion :)

Any when you zip up a new release just zip it up in the same specific folder each time? (instead of having Filter.Extensions-1-3, 1-4,1-5 etc)

Makes it easier just to drag and drop the the folder into \Gamedata, and overwrite the old stuffs.

I kinda realised that after wrapping everything up this morning. Next release will just be a packaged GameData as per normal standards ;)

Edited by Crzyrndm