[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

Thanks for the log, I'll have to fix that one. You have two icon files at the correct size for FE somewhere in GameData that have the same name (most often happened when png files were converted to dds and then the old png not removed) and the assumption was made that the icon name would be unique

21 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

Thanks for the log, I'll have to fix that one. You have two icon files at the correct size for FE somewhere in GameData that have the same name (most often happened when png files were converted to dds and then the old png not removed) and the assumption was made that the icon name would be unique

When you make a test version I would be happy to test it :-)

• 3 weeks later...

why this is not showing the ore tanks from stock?

FILTER
	{
		CHECK
		{
			type = folder
			value = Squad
		}
		CHECK
		{
			type = resource
			value = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer,XenonGas,MonoPropellant,Ore
		}
		CHECK
		{
			type = crew
			value = 0
		}
	}

every tank is showing up except the ore one. ksp 1.1.3

Also it would be nice to be able to filter out a specific folder, take a look at this :

SUBCATEGORY
{
	name = Command and Control
	icon = stockIcon_cmdctrl

FILTER
	{
		CHECK
		{
			type = moduleName
			value = ModuleReactionWheel,ModuleRCS,ModuleSAS
		}
		CHECK
		{
			type = crew
			value = 0
		}
	}
}

This will not only list all the parts purely made for controlling, but also prob core, if i could exclude a path from the whole filter it would let me to exclude the command folder from squad, is it possible?

Never mind on this one, i just found how to use the invert field, but the problem with ore tanks exists, it's like Ore is not being recognized as a valid resource at all

Edited by Jiraiyah

Stock way: create a custom category with the stock icons that dont show up in the PartsList/SimpleIcons folder and then look in PartsList/PartCategories.cfg for the icon names. It would be useful for FE to be able to export a list of every icon it found (with a location too I guess) so I can add that...

RE: ore
Investigating. It does look like it should work...

Edited by Crzyrndm

• 2 weeks later...

There is a functional/testing build available on github for KSP 1.2. There are a number of things I want to fix before making it an official release but it's there (just expect some bugs)

Edited by Crzyrndm

Hello, with the functional build with the latest commit, the option window is not comming up, that causes me to not seeing my custom group properly (some part not show up maybe because of the manufacturer having groups)

On 12-10-2016 at 9:08 AM, Crzyrndm said:

There is a functional/testing build available on github for KSP 1.2. There are a number of things I want to fix before making it an official release but it's there (just expect some bugs)

Ah great. but exaclty what is malfuctioning in KSP 1.2?

Edited by FreeThinker

Not malfunctioning per se, just I haven't got some things 1.2 ready yet (eg. moving the settings into the stock game parameters) plus a thorough shakedown (testing). I'll have a release packaged up this weekend

well, log is not spitting anything, the thing is that

when I add my own group for example for USI, parts of Konstruction subgroup show up and part of it is not showing up. when I remove your settings totally and only have my own group/subgroup they show properly

Also, last night I noticed something, too much flashing on the filtering section of gui with mouse over subgroups, donno what is causing it but it is sure not from stock and there should be no mods causing it other than filter extension (sometimes it flashes off/on very fast but some times it just gets unvisible with the background image for filter section still being there)

Hello there.

KSP-AVC during load is reporting that there is a new version, 2.7 available.  On Github, I only find 2.6

Where am I getting lost???  I know, loaded question.

Cheers and thanks.

Running KSP 1.2 64bit on Win7 64bit Pro.

Edited by drtedastro
more info

Filter Extensions v2.7.1

• KSP 1.2 compatibility
  • Can now parse stock subcategories
  • Fix Ore tanks never showing up
  • Move settings into the stock settings window
  • Fix icon name collisions breaking the loader
  • subcategory updates by Kerbas-ad-astra

Download from github

NOTE on using stock to generate subcategories. Stock categories look like the block below and can be located at GameData / Squad / PartsList / PartCategories.cfg

CATEGORY
{
	categoryName = foo
	icon = bar
	SUBCATEGORY
	{
		categoryName = ping
		icon = pong
		PARTS
		{
		}
	}
}

Everything enclosed by the SUBCATEGORY block is now a valid subcategory definition for FE. This means you can use the stock UI to pick a name, icon, and all the parts and then just copy that out somewhere just like any other FE subcategory for inclusion into categories

Edited by Crzyrndm

Hi Crzyrndm,

I have noticed an odd visual glitch on the parts menu : when I hover on the parts or over zones of the catalog, the whole UI flickers and partially disappears. It's not a huge deal, but I thought I'd just file a report here anyways. I've tested with and without your mod and the glitch only occurs when I turn on Filter Extensions.

Here's a screenshot to see what I'm talking about : here

Just now, Jashin said:

Hi Crzyrndm,

I have noticed an odd visual glitch on the parts menu : when I hover on the parts or over zones of the catalog, the whole UI flickers and partially disappears. It's not a huge deal, but I thought I'd just file a report here anyways. I've tested with and without your mod and the glitch only occurs when I turn on Filter Extensions.

Here's a screenshot to see what I'm talking about : here

yup happens for me too

Have you tried it in a stock install with only FilterExtensions?  I ask because there is a KSP bug which causes the UI to flicker if you have a lot of parts. My guess is that garbage collection is also playing a role here.  FE could be exacerbating the issue or could have nothing to do with it.

11 minutes ago, Tarheel1999 said:

Have you tried it in a stock install with only FilterExtensions?  I ask because there is a KSP bug which causes the UI to flicker if you have a lot of parts. My guess is that garbage collection is also playing a role here.  FE could be exacerbating the issue or could have nothing to do with it.

Was gona say, i have Ui bug, without this mod.