[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

v1.8 released

• Added two new CHECK types, "propellant" and "size"
  • Changed resource CHECK to go by the resource definition for consistency (Liquid Fuel becomes LiquidFuel, etc.)
  • Optimisation pass on the icon loader. All the grunt work is now run only at the main menu on launching KSP
  • Fixed bug in folder names that would not behave as expected on '_' characters
  • All "Mod Categories" now automatically add their folder filter to ALL subCategories that are added to them, not just the auto-generated ones
  • Fixed bug that was causing dummy parts to generate an empty subCategory in the Filter by Manufacturer tab

The change to mod Categories is my answer to the request to copy all your custom subCategories everywhere. I don't like the idea of that (way too many empty subCategories possible), so instead I made it easier to add a subCategory to multiple Categories (before they had to be added individually for mod categories because the filtering was different).

SUBCATEGORY
{
category = Filter by Function, ModA_title, ModB_title, etc.
}

Edited by Crzyrndm

v1.8 released

• Added two new CHECK types, "propellant" and "size"
  • Changed resource CHECK to go by the resource definition for consistency (Liquid Fuel becomes LiquidFuel, etc.)
  • Optimisation pass on the icon loader. All the grunt work is now run only at the main menu on launching KSP
  • Fixed bug in folder names that would not behave as expected on '_' characters
  • All "Mod Categories" now automatically add their folder filter to ALL subCategories that are added to them, not just the auto-generated ones
  • Fixed bug that was causing dummy parts to generate an empty subCategory in the Filter by Manufacturer tab

The change to mod Categories is my answer to the request to copy all your custom subCategories everywhere. I don't like the idea of that (way too many empty subCategories possible), so instead I made it easier to add a subCategory to multiple Categories (before they had to be added individually for mod categories because the filtering was different).

SUBCATEGORY
{
category = Filter by Function, ModA_title, ModB_title, etc.
}

Probably I will have to rename a few thing. I named the icons taking into account the issue with "_"

Probably I will have to rename a few thing. I named the icons taking into account the issue with "_"

I just realised I forgot to update the configs to reflect the new CHECK nodes, so I'll be looking to update the zip sometime in the next hour. If you have some extra icons I'll add them then.

I just realised I forgot to update the configs to reflect the new CHECK nodes, so I'll be looking to update the zip sometime in the next hour. If you have some extra icons I'll add them then.

Icons sent, along with cfg for more mods. Not sure about the one for squad (vanilla). For me it's useful to keep track of the original parts, but not sure about others.

Checked the mod names and seems to load them fine, so not sure about the issue with folders that include "_" in their name. I realize that the filter just ignores everything after "_", but once I named the icons with that in mind I had no more problems. Not sure what have you touched in that area.

Regarding your solution about not automatically adding subcategories to mods I agree with you. Until (If) there is a way to skip empty subcategories I think its the best solution.

I doubt tomorrow I could follow you tight schedule of releases. You really are improving this.

Filter update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/na30yyl0o45igz8/Category_Filter%20by%20Function.zip?dl=0

Now includes the following filters:

Ablative Heat Shield

Air Intake

Cargo Bay

Control Surface

Data Transmitter

Decouplers

Docking Ports

Engines Ion

Engines Karbonite

Engines LF

Engines LFLOx

Engines Mono

Engines Multi Mode

Girder

Landing Gear

Launch Clamp

Power Storage

Solar Panels

Solid Booster

Strut

Wheels and Tracks

Now we need some icons to represent some of filters nicely!

License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Edited by Kolago

Checked the mod names and seems to load them fine, so not sure about the issue with folders that include "_" in their name. I realize that the filter just ignores everything after "_", but once I named the icons with that in mind I had no more problems. Not sure what have you touched in that area.

It seems I didn't include icons in the fix. I'll try find out what's happening there as well. (PS tell me about these things >.<)

RE: Configs

I had another brainwave (or rather the clouds cleared momentarily...). For the mod configs, make sure to add a :NEEDS[modName] on the categories and subCategories in future (don't worry about the ones already sent) to avoid adding unnecesary clutter for people just throwing it in.

<=== Needs to get more used to using Module Manager

It seems I didn't include icons in the fix. I'll try find out what's happening there as well. (PS tell me about these things >.<)

RE: Configs

I had another brainwave (or rather the clouds cleared momentarily...). For the mod configs, make sure to add a :NEEDS[modName] on the categories and subCategories in future (don't worry about the ones already sent) to avoid adding unnecesary clutter for people just throwing it in.

<=== Needs to get more used to using Module Manager

Uh nice, this is really evolving quite fast.

Now only default scrollfunction in the filters and categories and this is becomming a really proper alternative for PC.

My respect for such a development in that short time.

Uh nice, this is really evolving quite fast.

Now only default scrollfunction in the filters and categories and this is becomming a really proper alternative for PC.

My respect for such a development in that short time.

Adding new functionality for the editor is out of scope of this mod. All functionality ends once the GUI is initialised and thats not going to change (ie. don't look here for that sort of stuff).

Can you post an example of a config with ":NEEDS[modName]"? I have only done part modifications with MM.

https://github.com/Crzyrndm/FilterExtension/blob/master/GameData/000_Configs%20and%20Icons/Configs/Category_ModFolders/B9.cfg

EDIT

it's basically :NEEDS[*everything in value, just replace ',' with '|'*]

EDIT2

Modulemanager doesn't care what module it's working on, syntax is consistent across the board

EDIT3

Github download has been updated with a few new icons and configs (Thanks again to KaiserSoze and Kolago). All mod Folders now have a :NEEDS[] block, as do some mod specific subCategories. The new zip is 1.8.0 (original was just 1.8)

Edited by Crzyrndm

Adding new functionality for the editor is out of scope of this mod. All functionality ends once the GUI is initialised and thats not going to change (ie. don't look here for that sort of stuff).

That is a function a tiny mod I made on my own is currently providing. And the reason why I asked earlier in the thread how to access the single categories.

https://github.com/Crzyrndm/FilterExtension/blob/master/GameData/000_Configs%20and%20Icons/Configs/Category_ModFolders/B9.cfg

EDIT

it's basically :NEEDS[*everything in value, just replace ',' with '|'*]

EDIT2

Modulemanager doesn't care what module it's working on, syntax is consistent across the board

EDIT3

Github download has been updated with a few new icons and configs (Thanks again to KaiserSoze and Kolago). All mod Folders now have a :NEEDS[] block, as do some mod specific subCategories. The new zip is 1.8.0 (original was just 1.8)

FYI - unless you changed them, there's an error in the Solar Panels config (missing FILTER) and a typo in the air intakes config ("Ait" for air, I think).

EDIT: Maybe in Kolago's configs, not the ones bundled with 1.8.0, I've lost track!

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

ok, i made a file "ModFolders.cfg" in "000_Configs and Icons\Configs\Category_ModFolders\" and it work! (delete all the other cfg's there) B9 ist not installed in my case and it doesn't show up in the Category's anymore!

CATEGORY:NEEDS[B9] {
title = B9 Aerospace
icon = B9
colour = #FFF0F0F0
type = mod
value = B9
}

CATEGORY:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
title = KW Rocketry
icon = KWRocketry
colour = #FFF0F0F0
type = mod
value = KWRocketry
}

CATEGORY:NEEDS[NearFuturePropulsion|NearFutureElectrical|NearFutureConstruction|NearFutureSolar|NearFutureSpacecraft]
{
title = Near Future Technologies
icon = NearFuturePropulsion
colour = #FFF0F0F0
type = mod
value = NearFuturePropulsion, NearFutureElectrical, NearFutureConstruction, NearFutureSolar, NearFutureSpacecraft
}

CATEGORY:NEEDS[UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
title = Umbra Space Industries
icon = ART
colour = #FFF0F0F0
type = mod
value = UmbraSpaceIndustries
}

I am not sure if "B9" or "B9_Aerospace" is right!

Edited by Kolago

I don't think that this is possible. Even in the filters now, parts are listed in more than one category if the filter matches.

@Crzyrndm: concerning engine filters: All the category getting sorted by alphabet, so I have named the engine filters starting with "Engines" to keep them together. "Engines Jet" and "Engines Rocket" sounds odd but makes live easier in the editor.

Engines with a subcategory in a subcategory for there types would be great!

Edited by Kolago

That is a function a tiny mod I made on my own is currently providing. And the reason why I asked earlier in the thread how to access the single categories.

You made a mod to add scroll support? The current part catalog mod has a patch someone made to basically add this single function. The only thing I'm missing that has me hesitant to move to .90 is the ability to part search. This was a function of part catalog I used, and there is another mod that works for .25 that adds a search bar but hasn't been updated to .90.

Edit: Here is the mod to add a search bar. If someone could patch it for .90 would be awesome.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/102375-0-25-PartSearch-v1-0-2-A-part-search-bar-for-the-editor

Didn't realize those files could also be modified with MM, thats great.

It's the secondary reason I landed on using cfg's for everything (primary being KSP handles all the file loading for me :D). I just haven't done much with configs up until now (and I keep forgetting to make use of it...).

PS

Unless something crops up, updating is probably going to slow a bit. There's only so much to be achieved with a single plugin of this sort ;)

Edited by Crzyrndm