[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Hello! First off I'd like to say great work. This is my planet pack of choice as it expands the Kerbol system in just the stockalike way that I like. Really love it :)

To business: I believe I've found a bug/glitch in the way that Kopernicus' rings and EVE's clouds behave. It seems looking through the rings 'ignores' the clouds. I'm using the OPM EVE cloud configs by Eleusis La Arwall. Have a look for yourself:

Urlum

Sarnus

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this as it probably has more to do with Kopernicus than OPM. But here's hoping you might be able to provide/find a solution or explanation :D

I have the same problem.

Hey, CaptRobau and Eudae55. Someone was complaining about Surnus' and Urlums rings glitching out. I had the same problem in my stream last night and I've been looking at it this morning. It's Active Texture Management. Remove ATM and the rings are peachy. Put ATM back and the rings look like their either z-fighting (probably not actually doing this, but that's what it looks like) or are greyed out completely.

Not a very comprehensive report, but I found that ATM is the cause.

You guys need to get a shifty on with Neidon's moons, because I'm moving through the OPM worlds starting today in my Twitch stream and Neidon is still without moons! Joke, of course :sticktongue: But, seriously...

Amazing work, guys! <3

Edit: BTW, anyone know what the dV is for Tekto ascent yet? It's more than 3000m/s, that's for sure!

I've vaguely heard about that problem and I do remember one planet pack having a fix for it. I'll find it and see if it works.

Hello! First off I'd like to say great work. This is my planet pack of choice as it expands the Kerbol system in just the stockalike way that I like. Really love it :)

To business: I believe I've found a bug/glitch in the way that Kopernicus' rings and EVE's clouds behave. It seems looking through the rings 'ignores' the clouds. I'm using the OPM EVE cloud configs by Eleusis La Arwall. Have a look for yourself:

Urlum

Sarnus

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this as it probably has more to do with Kopernicus than OPM. But here's hoping you might be able to provide/find a solution or explanation :D

@jbmacnchee

its the way eve renders the clouds, I was aware of this a while ago but I'm not sure if CaptRobau was or not....

It's Kopernicus no doubt. I'll pass it on to the devs.

the atm fix was in my New Horizons pack, you need to stop the compression of the rings otherwise they go pretty strange looking. I moved my ring textures to a separate folder and stopped atm compressing that one folder.

EDIT: no no wait, I'm the smartest person alive, I tell ya. I was using Tab to switch bodies and M to get out of map view... Obviously I was looking at the same body the whole time. :P

So my Ovok looks like a white Hale. That's the problem.

Question. My bodies look very rough, sorta like Hale, all of them, even stock ones! Any pointer in how to start troubleshooting this? I looked at the KSP.log but no error there that I can see.

My install is vanilla BTW, using OPM as it comes out of the zip.

Thanks.

Edited by Rosco P. Coltrane

No repository exists. Once that version of PlanetShine goes live I'll make the necessary changes to my mod.

As a heads up, the new version of PlanetShine (v0.2.3.1) is now live with those changes. Specifics are in the changelog, but basically DistantObjectEnhancement still uses CelestialBodyColor and PlantShine now uses PlanetshineCelestialBody nodes. No more having to overwrite the PlaneShine config, yay.

I'm getting a problem where Urlum's atmosphere instantly goes to full pressure as soon as it starts. I presume this problem would occur to Sarnus and Neidon. Only been to Urlum so far.

I'm having the same problem. As soon as I touch the atmosphere of Sarnus it goes to full pressure and instantly incinerates my space craft making aerobraking impossible.

I'm getting a problem where Urlum's atmosphere instantly goes to full pressure as soon as it starts. I presume this problem would occur to Sarnus and Neidon. Only been to Urlum so far.

Yeah, that happens. The atmospheres were pretty WIP. KillAshley has made a pressure curve that's a lot better. I'll adapt it to my atmospheric bodies for Beta 2.

As a heads up, the new version of PlanetShine (v0.2.3.1) is now live with those changes. Specifics are in the changelog, but basically DistantObjectEnhancement still uses CelestialBodyColor and PlantShine now uses PlanetshineCelestialBody nodes. No more having to overwrite the PlaneShine config, yay.

Thanks for the heads up.

hi there

I was playing around with the beta, and I noticed that the wal equatorial ridge seems kind of flat from space

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34339r9zju59n88/flatridge.png

is this only my problem or is it intended?

(clean install 1.0.2 ksp + opm 1.7 beta + hyperedit)

That's not what I am seeing in my game, so very strange. I'll investigate for beta 2. It appears that the terrain map is not applied, nor the .bin (included with the download) model.

Edited by CaptRobau

That's not what I am seeing in my game, so very strange. I'll investigate for beta 2. It appears that the terrain map is not applied, nor the .bin (included with the download) model.

I thought it could have been related to the normal map, since I see it flat at the equator. also if you look at the pic you published in the first post (link) it kinda looks like the ridge was cut off after a certain altitude (look at the craters near the ridge to see what I mean).

Or maybe this could be just an optical illusion like the blue/white dress thing :D

Nah it's not the normal map. That only decides the look of the planet in map view. It wouldn't impact non map view.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I thought that the "model" used for map mode was the same seen from a ship given you were far enough. and in fact when I lower the periaps of the orbit the planet/moon changes. with wal it completely goes black (known bug). but I can actually see the ridge against the skybox. I'll make you some pics.

Edited by Sigma88

The mod just includes OPM. Any other stuff is just to make it work with other mods. If you don't have PlanetShine, the PlanetShine files in the mod won't do anything.

Installation is as simple as making sure that everything in the download's GameData folder (when unzipped) is moved to KSP's GameData folder.

The mod just includes OPM. Any other stuff is just to make it work with other mods. If you don't have PlanetShine, the PlanetShine files in the mod won't do anything.

Installation is as simple as making sure that everything in the download's GameData folder (when unzipped) is moved to KSP's GameData folder.

Edit:

Thx cap, I only moved the OPM and Kopernicus Folder to the Gamedata-Folder as i thought OPM would use Kopernicus as a base.

I will try again, when i get home and keep you posted.

Got a bit of an issue here. When I add this to my x64 linux install I.get the following: *** Error in `./KSP.x86_64': double free or corruption (!prev): 0x00007fddc1adc010 ***

The end of the Player.log:

Load(Texture): OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/Textures/Slate_height

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Texture load error in '/media/starkrg/Seagate Expansion Drive/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/Textures/Slate_height.dds'

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'GameDatabase.TextureInfo..ctor'.

at DDSLoader.DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)

UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)

:MoveNext()

(Filename: Line: 4294967295)

Load(Texture): OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/Textures/Slate_map

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'GameDatabase.TextureInfo..ctor'.

at DDSLoader.DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)

UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)

:MoveNext()

(Filename: Line: 4294967295)

Load(Texture): OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/Textures/Slate_normal

Any ideas?

Hello i found a bug: on Moho when mod is loaded the surface is all time black even in day, please fix this or tell me how to fix this

http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/2202494000_1431392936.jpg

This is an already known issue, it's coming from Kopernicus and they are working to fix it.

Look at the "known issues" category of the first post.

Once the issues are fixed and this version of the mod goes out of beta will you deem the Urlum system finished? I don't recall you mentioning any more plans for an additional moon for the system and, in order to make Tal's orbit feasible, there probably isn't room for one either. Anyway, so will work on Neidon's system commence relatively soon?

Also, will you be adding Urlum's moons to the OPM banner in your signature? :P It looks a little left out.

With its four current moons, the Urlum system is indeed done. Tal needs biomes, but those can be added at any time. The moon is so featureless, that two or so biomes is all it'll get anyway. And the banner is in need of a complete overhaul, so don't worry. Urlum won't be left out for long.

Neidon's moons are indeed up after the beta.

Good to hear! Hopefully there won't be much of a wait for the issues with the beta to be fixed :)

Oh and, by the way, can you give away any information regarding the moons for Neidon? You've mentioned a Triton-like moon, which I am very excited for, but I'm just wondering whether Neidon will get any other 'large' moons? I am aware that Triton makes up pretty much 99% of all mass orbiting Neptune but do you think you will be adding a creative touch like with what you did by adding Slate even if it shifts from the realistic analogue?

Thanks

Edited by hazard-ish

Greetings,

I've been emailing with CaptRobau about setting up a contract pack for OPM.

I would like to get in touch with someone (more than one is fine) who would be willing to test them for me.

Requirements would be that you have to install ContractConfigurator, and RemoteTech, while optional, would be nice. In fact, I'd like to be able to test the same contract both with and without RT.

Please contact me via PM if you are interested.

Thanks

Hi there :D sorry to bother you yet again...

I've noticed something odd about priax biomes: the colors in the cfg do not seem to match the colors of the biome map

this is the cfg (I've added some comments in blue):

Biome {

name = Leading Side

value = 1.0

color = 0,0,0,1 // Black (not found in the texture)

}

Biome

{

name = Leading Craters

value = 1.0

color = 1,0.50196,0,1 // Orange (wrong color for this biome)

}

Biome

{

name = Trailing Side

value = 1.0

color = 0.50196,0,0,1 // Dark Red (not found in the texture)

}

Biome

{

name = Trailing Craters // Yellow (wrong color for this biome)

value = 1.0

color = 1,1,0,1

}

I was having trouble getting reports from the biomes, I think this could be the reason

Unless I'm reading the numbers wrong, which would be embarassing :blush:

Edited by Sigma88

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.