[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Well I just did a quick and dirty landing on Slate, and I have to say I'm impressed although I was kind of expecting an atmosphere. Good work, I like it. I would suggest doing something to Plock to make it different from stock Vall, even if it is a placeholder. Tweak the deformity a little or something that can be done in a few minutes just so the terrain isn't exactly like stock.

- - - Updated - - -

What's wrong with the names? Are they not orginal? I haven't heard of them.

I actually really like the names... They're in line with Jool, Duna, and Moho.

Well I just did a quick and dirty landing on Slate, and I have to say I'm impressed although I was kind of expecting an atmosphere. Good work, I like it. I would suggest doing something to Plock to make it different from stock Vall, even if it is a placeholder. Tweak the deformity a little or something that can be done in a few minutes just so the terrain isn't exactly like stock.

That might be a good idea. I'll see what I can do.

Edited by CaptRobau

Well I just did a quick and dirty landing on Slate, and I have to say I'm impressed although I was kind of expecting an atmosphere. Good work, I like it.

I feel the same. The speed at which this mod has progressed and the quality of each aspect of it has really impressed me, I just wish Slate had some sort of atmosphere. It is unlikely that a cataclysm that happened so recently would have COMPLETELY removed it's atmosphere. I appreciate that you don't want to do a regular Titan analogue and I understand that seeing as we have Laythe and Eve. However, would it be possible to give Slate a very tenuous atmosphere? Thinner than Dunas - I would love to see something like Mohos old atmosphere from 0.17 sort of thickness but obviously not super-heated!

Thanks!

When I try to focus on Ovok, it either focuses on Sarnus or Hale, and that's only if I'm focused on Slate or Eeloo. If I'm focused on Hale(Which I can only focus on when I try to focus on Ovok) or Sarnus, I can't focus on Ovok or Hale, and I can't focus on Hale from any other body. If there some way for you to fix it? I've seen it happen before, on the Odysseus Planet Pack.

When I try to focus on Ovok, it either focuses on Sarnus or Hale, and that's only if I'm focused on Slate or Eeloo. If I'm focused on Hale(Which I can only focus on when I try to focus on Ovok) or Sarnus, I can't focus on Ovok or Hale, and I can't focus on Hale from any other body. If there some way for you to fix it? I've seen it happen before, on the Odysseus Planet Pack.

A workaround is to use Tab to switch through bodies if you get stuck. To specifically target Hale for instance, you'll need to select Sarnus and then press Tab once. Its hopefully something thats fixable in the future.

With Slate not having some kind of atmosphere, I worry that (given it's size and gravity) it is now too similar to Tylo. I think that a very tenuous atmosphere, thinner than Dunas, would make an excellent addition and would give me more reasons to visit it. Don't get me wrong though, I love the new moons to bits!

Edited by hazard-ish

150-300 MB last time I checked.

If that was the case then why am I able to run with this and Stella? I'd say more like 50 MB at most.

I actually really like the names... They're in line with Jool, Duna, and Moho.

Yeah.. I agree.

I feel the same. The speed at which this mod has progressed and the quality of each aspect of it has really impressed me, I just wish Slate had some sort of atmosphere. It is unlikely that a cataclysm that happened so recently would have COMPLETELY removed it's atmosphere. I appreciate that you don't want to do a regular Titan analogue and I understand that seeing as we have Laythe and Eve. However, would it be possible to give Slate a very tenuous atmosphere? Thinner than Dunas - I would love to see something like Mohos old atmosphere from 0.17 sort of thickness but obviously not super-heated!

Thanks!

]

That kind of atmo would be fun.

Robau appears to have fudged the flightglobalsindexes. Press the tab key a few times to try to focus on it.

Edited by _Augustus_

This mod is great! Though I have some issues with the implementation of analogues. Eeloo is best as an Europa analogue, so I would put it in Vall's orbit around Jool, and move Vall to the Pluto type orbit. I'm going to try and do a Sarnus-4. Has anyone attempted this yet?

This mod is great! Though I have some issues with the implementation of analogues. Eeloo is best as an Europa analogue, so I would put it in Vall's orbit around Jool, and move Vall to the Pluto type orbit. I'm going to try and do a Sarnus-4. Has anyone attempted this yet?

Seeing as the mod only just got updated, you could be the first! Post screenshots if you manage to achieve it. Be careful though, Slate has mountain ranges 10km high.

If that was the case then why am I able to run with this and Stella? I'd say more like 50 MB at most.

Robau appears to have fudged the flightglobalsindexes. Press the tab key a few times to try to focus on it.

If it's just 50 MB it's great. I just gave a generous estimate. Even 300MB is nothing to scoff at, considering PF:CE would probably add 2GB by now.

How did I fudge the flightglobalindexes? If you let me know I can fix it.

TO ALL: We'll continue to refine Slate and the other moons. Tweaks can be made to make things more interesting or to make it work better. For the moment though, just try getting there and exploring it a bit. You might like what's already there.

Edited by CaptRobau

hi i'm a new entry in this forum and i'm dont speak(write)very well english,so i have 2 question for the author of this great mod:

1)it's possible to create 2 or 3 comets with long orbits around kerbol? i mean comets with tails not simple asteroids

2) it' possible to CHANGE or edit the planets/moons/ names?

Ooh, that's very snazzy. If it's stable I'd love to add it to the mod in the next update.

To players of Kethane, Karbonite or other resource mods, help me make this mod compatible with them. What resources and in which abundances would you expect where and why?

Edited by CaptRobau

Here's some pics of the planets with clouds for Astronomer's pack in it's current state. Not sure if I should only add the aurora to Sarnus or to all 3 of them because I don't really know if ice giants have auroras.

Tell me what you think about the clouds! :D

http://imgur.com/a/Wppx8

Amazing. Add aurora to Sarnus, but make the aurora pink like in real life.

To players of Kethane, Karbonite or other resource mods, help me make this mod compatible with them. What resources and in which abundances would you expect where and why?

I'd say that Sarnus has a lot of Karborundum around it, and Urlum is Kethane-heavy. Neidon also has a lot of Karbonite.

Added some auroras to the planets and a small glow to Slate.

Here's the config if anyone wants to try it out. It requires EVE and Astronomer's Interstellar pack.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82sz43jk6ylqjeg/13%20Astronomer%27s%20Outer%20Planets.cfg?dl=0

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Ooh, that's very snazzy. If it's stable I'd love to add it to the mod in the next update.

Thanks, yeah it's pretty stable AFAIK. Haven't tested them up close in flight but I'm pretty sure they work just like Jool. If you add it I recommend having it to be optional since it uses cloud textures from Astronomer's Interstellar.

I use Karbonite but I'm not really sure how to make it compatible. I'll check it out tomorrow.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.