[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Cool

Ahh, I missed. You were streaming right through my much-needed sleep. Bummer.

No problem, I'm uploading it to YouTube now. We landed on top of the "Geographic Anomaly" on Tekto, AKA "Mount Cheese" and even had Jeb climb up it from sea level. Also did my first ever landing on the new Ovak, alpong with a completely botched landing on Slate.

Should be available in a few hours, I'll post.

Okay guys, I have a 1.5.5.1 6.4x sized config if you guys want to use it.

**NOTE**: This config is different than the earlier 6.4x config posted for OuterPlanets.

The earlier config in this thread changes the geeASL (Gravity at sea level) to a different value from the original mod.

This config maintains the original gravity levels on the planets and adjusts the mass to have the same gravity level with the new 6.4x radius.

OuterPlanets 1.5.5.1 64K configs

Edited by frencrs

Without moons, Neidon and Urlum just aren't as interesting as Sarnus. And I know there's the OuterPlanetsPlus, but to be honest, they don't fit in with the aesthetic of stock planets or OuterPlanets.

I agree but there will be moons for Urlum in the next update.

Without moons, Neidon and Urlum just aren't as interesting as Sarnus. And I know there's the OuterPlanetsPlus, but to be honest, they don't fit in with the aesthetic of stock planets or OuterPlanets.

You should have been watching spaceman_spff's LiveStream last night :)

You should have been watching spaceman_spff's LiveStream last night :)

That's an excellent segue! The video of last night's stream is up here on Youtube: http://youtu.be/MkKa1t5pnPE?t=5m9s

Two things:

1) I ordered a new microphone, so that my voice will no longer sound like it's coming from the bottom of a lake on Tekto

2) I don't always look that disheveled

Some highlights from the video:

Slate "landing"

Okok Landing

Ovok Station

Tekto approach

the top of Mount Cheese

the ascent

Here's an album:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've heard people post before that max time warp is too slow, and I was like, you guys are crazy...

I tried to go to Plock

WOW that's out there!

Get the Time Control mod, suggested in the thread OP. At one order of speed higher, aka one million times timewarp, trips to Plock are minutes at most.

Urlum and Neidon will both get their moons in the future. Urlum's moons are even in the works, quite far in development as a matter of fact. Plock will be given a more unique appearance (looks like Vall atm) once we get some more info about the Pluto system as New Horizons gets closer. It'll also release a Charon analog.

So every outer planet will become exciting in the future.

I finished up a set of results for [thread=64972]my experiments[/thread] for OPM. It includes results for everything except Plock, I'll wait on New Horizons to work on that one. I'll include it in my next update, but if anyone wants it now they can get it from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vehxjdhwbwo0185/ScienceDefs.cfg?dl=0

You must overwrite the ScienceDefs.cfg file in the GameData/DMagicOrbitalScience/Resources/ folder. If you don't overwrite the existing file it will break most of the experiments.

I finished up a set of results for [thread=64972]my experiments[/thread] for OPM. It includes results for everything except Plock, I'll wait on New Horizons to work on that one. I'll include it in my next update, but if anyone wants it now they can get it from this link:

You must overwrite the ScienceDefs.cfg file in the GameData/DMagicOrbitalScience/Resources/ folder. If you don't overwrite the existing file it will break most of the experiments.

Fantastic! Your orbital science pack is a must whenever I do a career playthrough so the compatibility is greatly appreciated :).

im running the stock version of this game and my computer is at maximum capacity does adding this mod require a significant amount of additional ram?

If it's truly at maximum capacity, then this mod will probably break it. It eats up around 500 Mb of memory for the standard version, but you can get lower results if you use the lower-res texture pack in the OP. It really depends on what you mean with max capacity exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome!

If it's truly at maximum capacity, then this mod will probably break it. It eats up around 500 Mb of memory for the standard version, but you can get lower results if you use the lower-res texture pack in the OP. It really depends on what you mean with max capacity exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome!

From my experience this eats about 100-200 mb.

Then again I use OpenGL.

Official hotfix is available

People who download the mod from now on will download version 1.5.5.1, which adds a fix for the TextureReplacer problem. It's a tiny little config that fixes it, so for those who already have downloaded 1.5.5 I think it's easier if you download just the config:

Extract this and put it in your GameData folder

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The hotfix is perfect. Wasn't looking forward to installing things again. I did leave the @Default.cfg changes in there as well and didn't see any issues.

I do have a question if anyone might be able to shed some light. I'm really not sure if this is a OPM issue or just a linux thing, (I'm running Linux Mint 17.1 64bit, cinammon on a laptop) I've never run across this before: I have a desktop launcher icon set up to run the game, nothing fancy just the usual stock launcher icon that you'd make for any program you want to just click on an icon on the desktop to run. When I run the game from that launcher, the rings around Sarnus are gone, and Ovok is round again. Now if I launch the game by clicking on KSP.x86_64 in a FileManager Window there are no issues with Sarnus or Ovok. It only happens when launching the game from the DeskTop Icon...weird huh?

I do have a question if anyone might be able to shed some light. I'm really not sure if this is a OPM issue or just a linux thing, (I'm running Linux Mint 17.1 64bit, cinammon on a laptop) I've never run across this before: I have a desktop launcher icon set up to run the game, nothing fancy just the usual stock launcher icon that you'd make for any program you want to just click on an icon on the desktop to run. When I run the game from that launcher, the rings around Sarnus are gone, and Ovok is round again. Now if I launch the game by clicking on KSP.x86_64 in a FileManager Window there are no issues with Sarnus or Ovok. It only happens when launching the game from the DeskTop Icon...weird huh?

Interesting... What you describe sounds like Kittopia breaking at some point - rings and terrain stuff is done with that. Maybe the launcher is 32bit and you run out of memory? It is a shot it the dark, admittedly :). You could also try going through your logs and looking for anything that looks suspicious, or you edit your launcher to start the executable with which it works.

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought I was running the right version of KSP, turns out i was running 0.25. Sorry my bad.

I'm sorry if this is just me being super dumb,b ut it seems that I cant get this mod to work. The new planets simply doesn't show in the game. I have tried adding keepLoaded = ^OPM/ into @default.cfg, download texture replacer, download Kopernicus mod but the mod still won't work. I run this mod with mods installed with CKAN. I have also tried installing it on clean KSP installation.

I am running KSP 32 bit on windows. Here is the log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1r2lv35pulcul3/output_log.txt?dl=0

Again, I'm sorry if this is already asked before and the solution already exist. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by akbar_rizqi

I'm sorry if this is just me being super dumb,b ut it seems that I cant get this mod to work. The new planets simply doesn't show in the game. I have tried adding keepLoaded = ^OPM/ into @default.cfg, download texture replacer, download Kopernicus mod but the mod still won't work. I run this mod with mods installed with CKAN. I have also tried installing it on clean KSP installation.

Again, I'm sorry if this is already asked before and the solution already exist. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Step 1.

DON'T USE CKAN CAPTROBAU SAYS IT DOESN'T WORK

Step 2. Download the mod from something other than Ckan

Step 3. Install normally

- - - Updated - - -

You know, CaptRobau, you should really add a .version file for people who use KSP-AVC and other addon version checkers. I'm going to make one myself right now.

Have you tried to remove some mods from the clean install? Maybe there's one conflicting with OPM

Do you have 2 versions of module manager at the same time? It shouldn't be a problem, but just to be on the safe side I'd say remove the older one

Nice to see 1.5.5 going back to dds, I'll give it another shot.

Btw the resized textures download link. I cannot download from NZ because ot crashes my browser, due to it only supporting Chrome.

Could a second download host be added?? Or if someone has an other link, I appreciate it.

Interesting... What you describe sounds like Kittopia breaking at some point - rings and terrain stuff is done with that. Maybe the launcher is 32bit and you run out of memory? It is a shot it the dark, admittedly :). You could also try going through your logs and looking for anything that looks suspicious, or you edit your launcher to start the executable with which it works.

I'll save the logs from each type of startup and compare them. Memory is just fine, I've been keeping a window with htop open for a while now trying to gauge my memory usage with KSP. Even with a decent amount of parts and plugin mods I'm barely scratching 3gigs of my 8 available. The Desktop icon launching in 32bit *could* be worth checking into, although I've done that method of starting the game since 0.17, under 64bit linux and never had graphics or texture issues. My first thought was that somehow by starting the game from the desktop, even though it's *supposed* to start from the KSP directory, maybe something is getting screwed there and it's not realizing what it's doing.

When I start the game from a nemo file manager window, there is no doubt that I'm starting the game from it's own directory...maybe Kittopia doesn't know where it's running from when I start from the desktop?

Who knows, it's nbd, but I'll check logs tonight and see if anything shows up.

(EDIT) OK, I checked the logs quickly and even using the method to launch the game that results in the rings of Sarnus and the new oval Ovock appearing correct, I see lots of exceptions. Not sure if those are issues or not but most appear to be Failure to load planet UI errors.

(EDIT EDIT!) I just realized that I also have the OP+ WIP mod running, I think a lot of those exceptions were from that. I've removed OP+1.6 and all of the relevant exceptions seem to be gone, but the same issue with rings appearing and not appearing depending on how I start the game is still there. Will re-do the logs and upload again.

Edited by Eleven

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.