[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Okay...looking through the logs for Kittopia, something suspicious:

[WRN 21:48:13.753] File 'GameData/KittopiaSpace/StarFix.cfg' does not exist
[EXC 21:48:13.755] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/user/GameData/KittopiaSpace/StarFix.cfg".
System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode)
ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header)
PFUtilityAddon.PlanetToolsUiController.LoadStarData (System.String starName)
PFUtilityAddon.PlanetToolsUiController..ctor ()
UnityEngine.GameObject:.ctor(String, Type[])
PFUtilityAddon.MyClass:Update()

Why is it looking for StarFix.cfg relative to my home directory, instead of relative to the KSP install directory? It's obviously looking in the wrong place.

Cheers,

-BS

- - - Updated - - -

I both created a link from my home dir GameData to the KSP install home GameData directory, and launched KSP directly from the install directory. The zoom-out works. I can see the rings. Must be a bug where either OPM or Kittopia is looking for StarFix.cfg in the wrong place. Any idea which one to blame?

Thanks all...

-BS

I both created a link from my home dir GameData to the KSP install home GameData directory, and launched KSP directly from the install directory. The zoom-out works. I can see the rings. Must be a bug where either OPM or Kittopia is looking for StarFix.cfg in the wrong place. Any idea which one to blame?

Kittopia, as OPM puts everything in the same place as Kittopia would.

Why is it looking for StarFix.cfg relative to my home directory, instead of relative to the KSP install directory? It's obviously looking in the wrong place.

Cheers,

-BS

I have a sneaking suspicion this is also related to why I can't see the rings of Sarnus and other texture issues when I try launching the game from anywhere other than it's own directory...

A few pages back I posted a question about the KSPRC config linked on the OP. I attempted to apply this patch to OPM but did not get any clouds to appear on the OPM planets. Has anyone tried using this config with KSPRC and OPM? I prefer KSPRC to AVP and would love to see this working.

Kittopia, as OPM puts everything in the same place as Kittopia would.

Okay. Seems like it might be worthwhile to report this to their thread. Is Kittopia part of Kopernicus? Searching around it doesn't seem clear to me which thread would be the right place....

- - - Updated - - -

I have a sneaking suspicion this is also related to why I can't see the rings of Sarnus and other texture issues when I try launching the game from anywhere other than it's own directory...

That's a very good bet, and would explain why the launcher doesn't work. I'm not positive where the launcher's current working directory would be, but I would assume it's your base home directory.

A few pages back I posted a question about the KSPRC config linked on the OP. I attempted to apply this patch to OPM but did not get any clouds to appear on the OPM planets. Has anyone tried using this config with KSPRC and OPM? I prefer KSPRC to AVP and would love to see this working.

I have no experience with KSPRC or AVP, that was all Eudae55s work.

Okay. Seems like it might be worthwhile to report this to their thread. Is Kittopia part of Kopernicus? Searching around it doesn't seem clear to me which thread would be the right place....

The original Kittopia is dead but it lives on in KopernicusTech, which is where I already reported this.

All the necessary files to run OPM and have its planets appear are in the download, so you shouldn't need to download anything else.

To help me find the issue, you'll need to answer three questions:

1. Are you running KSP 0.90 at the moment

2. What is your Operation System (OS)?

3. Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit KSP?

All the necessary files to run OPM and have its planets appear are in the download, so you shouldn't need to download anything else.

To help me find the issue, you'll need to answer three questions:

1. Are you running KSP 0.90 at the moment

2. What is your Operation System (OS)?

3. Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit KSP?

1) yes

2) OS: Windows 7

3) 32-bit KSP.

CaptRobau, I've made something interesting which you might want to see.

I've improved upon Sigma's barycentric Plock system, removing Pluron and replacing it with a script that moves Plock.

Here's a mission to it:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The only bugs are that orbital velocity around the barycenter can be slow, and that the navball spazzes while around the barycenter. But at least no Kraken happens.

CaptRobau:

I'm having the exact same problem with Mekan1k, I have photo documents and a log:

Okay, I'm back!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltodlryof567n0a/KSP.log?dl=0 my most recent log

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Photographic evidence. Can someone help us? It seems to be only happening with OPM installed, if I remove it, all fine, put it in with KT or another bundled .dll's, no OPM planets... it urks me... because I could actually get OPM and other planet packs to work, back in, I think it was 1.4 OPM with KT

(Directly copied from over in the KopernicusTech thread... apparently this version of OPM is incompatible with the current version of KT)

CaptRobau:

I'm having the exact same problem with Mekan1k, I have photo documents and a log:

Okay, I'm back!

http://imgur.com/a/gj41U

Photographic evidence. Can someone help us? It seems to be only happening with OPM installed, if I remove it, all fine, put it in with KT or another bundled .dll's, no OPM planets... it urks me... because I could actually get OPM and other planet packs to work, back in, I think it was 1.4 OPM with KT

(Directly copied from over in the KopernicusTech thread... apparently this version of OPM is incompatible with the current version of KT)

Actually, I can't get any planets to appear, at all.

1) yes

2) OS: Windows 7

3) 32-bit KSP.

You have the same PC as I have basically, so it should work. There's two things that are the most likely causes:

1. You updated to 1.5.5 by overwriting 1.4. That's not a good idea. To try this theory out, redownload the mod and do a clean install. That means removing all trace of OPM first, before reinstalling it.

2. There's a mod incompatibility somewhere. Most likely, since you have dozens of mods and that just can't be tested for. Solution: try a clean install of KSP to see if this is the problem.

CaptRobau, I've made something interesting which you might want to see.

I've improved upon Sigma's barycentric Plock system, removing Pluron and replacing it with a script that moves Plock.

Here's a mission to it:

The only bugs are that orbital velocity around the barycenter can be slow, and that the navball spazzes while around the barycenter. But at least no Kraken happens.

Wouldn't mind seeing your implementation.

CaptRobau:

Okay, I'm back!

OPM was made for and works with the current version of KT, which is 0.121. I'll do some testing with other planet packs to see if I replicated this. Maybe there's an issue with overlapping planet ID numbers or something.

CaptRobau:

Okay, I'm back!

I installed OPM, Trans-Keptunian, and Sprinkle and everything is added as it should. Eeloo is moved into an orbit around Sarnus.

x3s3h2.png

Okay: Another thing, CaptRobau:

New Horizons won't arrive until May/June/July, and it will be transmitting most data over a period of months or years.

Can we please have Plock and it's moons with textures after Neidon's moons are done?

I'd be happy to help.

New Horizons won't arrive until May/June/July, and it will be transmitting most data over a period of months or years.

Can we please have Plock and it's moons with textures after Neidon's moons are done?

I'd be happy to help.

We'll see. Who knows when those are fully done and what NASA might have been able to tell us about the planet and its moons by then. Maybe we'll feel we know enough new stuff that we want to move forward. For now, we're still going to focus on getting Urlum and Neidon's moon to the same level as Sarnus'.

Edited by CaptRobau

I'd be happy to help.

Yeah, following on from what CaptRobau said, version 1.3 of this mod (which added the first moons to Sarnus) came out of the 11th of January and the Sarnus system has only just been finished - in broad terms. Although I heard CaptRobau mentioning that the moons for Urlum are actually rather well developed already, I think it will still be a while yet until both the Urlum and Neidon system are in a state that the developers would call finished. So even if it sounds quite far away, the mod has many major updates to come in the mean time!

Also, I'm happy with the rate OPM is progressing. I would rather wait longer in order to have the same high quality additions so far brought to us - although sometimes I am still pleasantly surprised when I see an update before I expected! :)

They use so many mods that it's a joke, so nty.

I tried to get a good look at the imgur pics and thought there might be some mods. Especially from the antenna. It just looks so small to be able to go those long distances. Was that a nuke engine?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.