[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

I'm completely fine with course corrections, and how much do you expect course corrections to cost? (And by the way, I managed one time to get 5 km/s into a small RCS powered probe, so I don't think there will be any problem with getting enough DV)

I'm completely fine with course corrections, and how much do you expect course corrections to cost? (And by the way, I managed one time to get 5 km/s into a small RCS powered probe, so I don't think there will be any problem with getting enough DV)

Total journey requirements, I'd say at least 1 km/s to force everything to go nicely.

Okay, so that's how much DV I'll need (I'll carry at least 3 km/s DV to be on the safe side), so what are the phase angles exactly? (Give me some numbers here, if you can)

I honestly have no idea. It depends on how close to the planets you want to pass. If you want to pass above the atmosphere, in some cases you'll be thrown out of the system.

You need a computer program to figure this out.

Okay, so that's how much DV I'll need (I'll carry at least 3 km/s DV to be on the safe side), so what are the phase angles exactly? (Give me some numbers here, if you can)
I honestly have no idea. It depends on how close to the planets you want to pass. If you want to pass above the atmosphere, in some cases you'll be thrown out of the system.

You need a computer program to figure this out.

The program to do that exists, I can't remember the name but you should find it pretty easily

Just look for something like ksp planner or stuff like that

My phone is just too old to let me, find it quickly

Edit: nevermind, here it is

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/36476-WIN-KSP-Trajectory-Optimization-Tool-v1-1-4-Flyby-Porkchop-Plotter!

Edited by Sigma88

Another little preview, meet Priax:

http://i.imgur.com/VyQGrwZ.png

You turn KSP into a new and exciting thing. :)

The program to do that exists, I can't remember the name but you should find it pretty easily

Just look for something like ksp planner or stuff like that

My phone is just too old to let me, find it quickly

Edit: nevermind, here it is

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/36476-WIN-KSP-Trajectory-Optimization-Tool-v1-1-4-Flyby-Porkchop-Plotter!

That thing calculates optimal phase angles for one body and is very simplistic. To calculate a star system tour of planets where you know what will happen with the craft just thrown into the abyss, you need something much more complex, both in software and hardware.

Sweet! I have to admit that at first glance Priax looked a little... well, cartoony. But after looking at images like this one of Lutetia it seems pretty cool.

Still, small, oddly shaped moons aren't exactly groundbreaking. We already have quite a few- Gilly, Bop, Hale, and to a certain extent Pol. It's a visually unique moon, and it's exceptionally well done, and even if it was the only one around Urlum I'd still definitely go, but I'm looking forward more to what else you have to offer.

Keep up the awesome work!

Edited by Jodo42

This was more Eudae55 than so redirect that praise to him :D

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet! I have to admit that at first glance Priax looked a little... well, cartoony. But after looking at images like this one of Lutetia it seems pretty cool.

Still, small, oddly shaped moons aren't exactly groundbreaking. We already have quite a few- Gilly, Bop, Hale, and to a certain extent Pol. It's a visually unique moon, and it's exceptionally well done, and even if it was the only one around Urlum I'd still definitely go, but I'm looking forward more to what else you have to offer.

Keep up the awesome work!

Well you'll be pleased to know that Priax is a trojan moon of the earlier reveal Polta. It might just be another asteroid like moon (although a good looking one), but it has a unique orbital configuration to make up for it.

That thing calculates optimal phase angles for one body and is very simplistic. To calculate a star system tour of planets where you know what will happen with the craft just thrown into the abyss, you need something much more complex, both in software and hardware.

That program allows to calculate for gravity assists, like kerbin/jool/sarnus

If you give it a large enough window it will find you the perfect moment to launch

I'm trying to get the KSPRC config linked in the OP working... The gas giants seem fine, but Tekto's config doesn't work. Looking at it, it references BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/detaileve1 a lot. As far as I can tell, this file isn't in KSPRC 0.1.9.5. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Maybe look at this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104280-0-90-Outer-Planets-Mod-%281-5-5-1%29-TextureReplacer-incompatibility-fixed-1-Mar?p=1785853&viewfull=1#post1785853

How is it possible that Slate could have looked like Kerbin?

Sarnus is very far away from Kerbol, shouldn't any potential water ocean freeze?

The Kerbal scientist who made that statement isn't very respected on Kerbin. He also claims the pyramids in Kerbin's desert were built by aliens.

Another little preview, meet Priax

Very high quality indeed! Although it has been said a few times there are some similar moons in the game, it is refreshing to see one of such a high attention to detail - it makes me think of what Gilly could have been. :P

I like the sound of its orbital characteristics, too!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.