[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

After doing a Cassini'ish mission I tryed to preform a Hale flyby and its SOI Is to small I did get a hale encounter but it was very buggy no periapis but pasing through it Please increase Hales SOI.

After doing a Cassini'ish mission I tryed to preform a Hale flyby and its SOI Is to small I did get a hale encounter but it was very buggy no periapis but pasing through it Please increase Hales SOI.

at ESA they were complaining about the same problem with 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. They couldn't keep rosetta in a stable orbit and asked for a tweak at it's geeASL.

God has yet to upload a fix tho.

:D

I'm am legitamentaly surprised DMagic has not integraited this with his mod, it saddens me :(

You mean Orbital Science?

I finished up a set of results for [thread=64972]my experiments[/thread] for OPM. It includes results for everything except Plock, I'll wait on New Horizons to work on that one. I'll include it in my next update, but if anyone wants it now they can get it from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vehxjdhwbwo0185/ScienceDefs.cfg?dl=0

You must overwrite the ScienceDefs.cfg file in the GameData/DMagicOrbitalScience/Resources/ folder. If you don't overwrite the existing file it will break most of the experiments.

Not sure if he's included in the newest downloads for Orbital Science yet, but he's generated experiments for it...

I don't know if I would combine those two. I played with KSPI and with OPM separately,

but I have this odd feeling that mixing those two

At the risk of being horribly disappointed about my grand plans, what worry do you have? I always understood Interstellar to add new parts to ease long-distance travel at the cost of creating a lot of infrastructure; since OPM puts something in those longer distances, it seems like they're a natural match.

At the risk of being horribly disappointed about my grand plans, what worry do you have? I always understood Interstellar to add new parts to ease long-distance travel at the cost of creating a lot of infrastructure; since OPM puts something in those longer distances, it seems like they're a natural match.

Oh I don't have any objective argument to go against it.

It's just something that doesn't feel right in my mind.

I guess it could be because OPM is very stock like, while KSPI has it's own style.

I would probably go with near future tech, but that can be a pain sometimes, and in fact I'm using just selected features from that mod. It has a very stock-a-like style tho.

Also, I was using KSPI in 0.35 and stopped using it after 0.36 because it had some problems. So maybe they changed it in the meantime

Edited by Sigma88

It was actually the KSP Interstellar/Near Future Integration mod I had my eye on, since Near Future has a lot of appeal for me as well.

My ultimate ambition would be to use Interstellar's FTL for actual interstellar travel, but none of the efforts to add star systems seem nearly as advanced as OPM (with all respect to the creators of those mods).

A little sneak peek of what the new Kopernicus can do for OPM:

http://imgur.com/a/ab3mT

It's kind of weird looking at Sarnus the way it should be. I've looked at that transparent disc so long that it feels like it should be there. Still the new Kopernicus has finally made Sarnus look the way I wanted it to look ever since I first made it and I'm really happy about that.

This is awesome. Is there a time to release yet? New Horizons should be going to the new Kopernicus within a day, and I want this to update too so I can use them together. Then I'll push the boundary and make everything bigger with RSS. Can't wait for those 100 year + transfers to the outer system.

No release date yet. There's a lot of checking involved in converting this and that takes time, which I don't have as much of as before.

I had the gas giants working. Converting shouldn't be too hard. You can still use templates if you are so inclined.

Yeah thats very weird.

The problem is that on my screen, it renders perfectly, but when I post the pictures, it squishes.

I can fix it by stretching the image using Paint.NET, but I'm lazy. Next time I will try to do it.

Edited by Elowiny

Yeah thats very weird.

The problem is that on my screen, it renders perfectly, but when I post the pictures, it squishes.

I can fix it by stretching the image using Paint.NET, but I'm lazy. Next time I will try to do it.

Idk about paint.net but there are some software that let you edit a bunch of images in batch

like irfanview

Is that an Eeloo encounter ?

Looks like Ovok to me. It is just on the edge of the rings and I doubt a map view glitch like that wold happen with a body with so much mass - it only seems to happen for smaller objects like Gilly.

Firstly, excellent work on the mod.

Unfortunately, I'm having problems with TextureReplacer....

Yes, I've read the front page of this thread so know there are potential issues.

I've tried the following setups on a 64 bit linux system running KSP_64:-

Stock 0.90 + OPM 1.6.0 = outer planets are there

Stock 0.90 + OPM 1.6.5 = outer planets are there

Stock 0.90 + OPM 1.6.5 + TextureReplacer 2.3.1 = no outer planets

Stock 0.90 + OPM 1.6.5 + TextureReplacer 2.3.0 = no outer planets

Stock 0.90 + OPM 1.6.5 + TextureReplacer 2.2.6 = no outer planets

I'm going to work my way back through versions of texture replacer to 2.2.1 but any hints from others would be gratefully received.

Looks like Ovok to me. It is just on the edge of the rings and I doubt a map view glitch like that wold happen with a body with so much mass - it only seems to happen for smaller objects like Gilly.

Yea if I remember correctly that was Ovok. I was unable to get a good enough encounter with Hale for an orbit, I had a huge ship that was slow to control :)

Firstly, excellent work on the mod.

Unfortunately, I'm having problems with TextureReplacer....

Yes, I've read the front page of this thread so know there are potential issues.

I've tried the following setups on a 64 bit linux system running KSP_64:-

Stock 0.90 + OPM 1.6.0 = outer planets are there

Stock 0.90 + OPM 1.6.5 = outer planets are there

Stock 0.90 + OPM 1.6.5 + TextureReplacer 2.3.1 = no outer planets

Stock 0.90 + OPM 1.6.5 + TextureReplacer 2.3.0 = no outer planets

Stock 0.90 + OPM 1.6.5 + TextureReplacer 2.2.6 = no outer planets

I'm going to work my way back through versions of texture replacer to 2.2.1 but any hints from others would be gratefully received.

The only thing I had to do in linux was make sure the OPM config file was in the TR directory. I'm running Linux Mint 64bit. (Not that I don't have other issues, such as rings and textures missing when launching from a desktop shortcut, but as long as I start the game from the install directory, all is well)

​Since Tellion appears to be absent, I've forked his copy of OPM 64K and updated it for 1.6.5.

I simply rescaled Polta, Priax, and Wal to 64k levels. I also adjusted Polta and Wal's densities and geeASL values to be a little more consistent with the real-life bodies they were based on. I left Priax alone because I'm not too sure what to base its density off of. I also incorporated the various minor changes that came with 1.6 and 1.6.5 (Plock adjustments, Urlum reverse rotation, Slate height map fix, etc.). No new AVP configs since the new moons don't need them.

To be clear, this is mostly Tellion's (and of course CaptRobau's and Eudae55's) work and I am simply updating it.

HERE IT IS

Just hit the "Download ZIP" button at the right side of the page. Installation instructions are at the bottom of the page.

Thanks.

Edited by SpaceHungryMan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.