[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

I'm waiting for the latest prerelease of Kopernicus. It could be that the devs of that are waiting for the release of 1.0 though (to make sure that something they made isn't going to be broken by an update that almost everyone will update to immediately).

It makes sense to wait for 1.0 before making any new releases. I'm still stuck with project work in RL for a little while longer so new moons are on hold still. Once that is over and done with, I'm still very committed to making sure OPM is a complete and finished mod.

It makes sense to wait for 1.0 before making any new releases. I'm still stuck with project work in RL for a little while longer so new moons are on hold still. Once that is over and done with, I'm still very committed to making sure OPM is a complete and finished mod.

Whats your secret in making planet textures?

So what are the chances of this working out of the box when 1.0 drops?

One can always be hopeful, right?

all planet packs will have to be tested first, there's no guarantee that it will work straight out of the box but we all have out fingers crossed, same goes with my pack or any other pack available. We are all crossing our fingers that our packs work, but you'll have to try it and see, or wait until an update goes out.

Yeah. I don't think Kopernicus will break, but nobody knows. But DDS-Loading with Kittopia could be a problem, because it uses DDSLoader and 1.0 won't need a DDSLoader anymore. :D

Could the DDS loader just be ...you know...removed from the mod?

all planet packs will have to be tested first, there's no guarantee that it will work straight out of the box but we all have out fingers crossed, same goes with my pack or any other pack available. We are all crossing our fingers that our packs work, but you'll have to try it and see, or wait until an update goes out.

I added support for the Outer planets Mod to Interstellar Extended. I haven't been able to test it myself, but it 'should' work.

I can confirm OPM works in 1.0 (*JUST* OPM, I have not installed any optional/recommended mods), however, I have not attempted the new planet resource scan feature on any of the outer planets. It looks like there is a catch-all for resources defined in the Squad folder:

GLOBAL_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = Ore
ResourceType = 0

Distribution
{
PresenceChance = 100
MinAbundance = 1
MaxAbundance = 15
Variance = 50
Dispersal = 3
}
}

It looks like you'll get default mining abundances for the outer planets until unique defines are written for them in this mod. The file also eliminates mining from "water" (Eve, etc.), but it might be possible to mine resource out of any "water" in the outer planets (Tekto?) because no exceptions exist yet for them.

This probably sounds dumb but is there anyway to change the colour of Neidon to the same colour as Neptune? Literally just because it's my favourite planet. I've tried 'Alt + N' when in map mode but I'm not sure what to do!

you will need to change the color of the texture file itself (at least I don't think there's another way)

plus there are a couple of cfg settings you should tweak in order to get everything fitting in with the new texture, like the color of the orbit and other minor features

feel free to ask if you want more info

I updated the Regolith configs (v4) for KSP 1.0 and CRP 0.3.3. You can download them from HERE.

Because there is now a basic stock resource system in KSP, Regolith is temporarily disabled but the configs are the same way as stock cfg's.

I don't know if the stock resources (ore) are automatically added to custom planets. I'll need to check this when I'll get home.

Edited by Olympic1

Thanks I'll definitely put those in the next release. I'm probably going to do a beta release for 1.7. The real official 1.0 compatible version of Kopernicus is about two weeks away, while the development version should be playable a bit sooner. No doubt there will also be lots of mod incompatibilities and other oversights caused by this mod's big switch to a new format and a new version of KSP. Better to catch those now then released countless hotfixes for 1.7.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.