[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Greetings,

I've been emailing with CaptRobau about setting up a contract pack for OPM.

I would like to get in touch with someone (more than one is fine) who would be willing to test them for me.

Requirements would be that you have to install ContractConfigurator, and RemoteTech, while optional, would be nice. In fact, I'd like to be able to test the same contract both with and without RT.

Please contact me via PM if you are interested.

Thanks

I wrote a PM about the status of my work with remote tech contract pack. I plan to have this week a functional remote tech contract pack that should work with any mod no matter number, name and size of planets/moon. since it's generic it doesn't have texts specific yet (lost 2 days trying to work with list of strings with contract configurator before I gave up)

It's not. If you generate a .bin and then change the terrain it can look different. That's why the map mod model of Ovok is still round, while the terrain is less smooth for the time being.

I fell for this in my Twitch stream the other day. I chose Ovoc to land my colony ship there for refuelling because it's nice and flat. The terrain suddenly rendered and I screamed. Then there were explosions and 40 Kerbals were suddenly silenced...

Hi there :D sorry to bother you yet again...

I've noticed something odd about priax biomes: the colors in the cfg do not seem to match the colors of the biome map

this is the cfg (I've added some comments in blue):

I was having trouble getting reports from the biomes, I think this could be the reason

Unless I'm reading the numbers wrong, which would be embarassing :blush:

I'll check it out. After a while you assume you do things right, so I haven't double-checked all biomes I've made.

I'll check it out. After a while you assume you do things right, so I haven't double-checked all biomes I've made.

Probably it's due to the fact that kopernicus uses the weirdiest way possible to store colors

Which leads to many kerbal-like results :)

Wow, that's just a terrible choice.

It's just a computer graphics thing. As far as I know OpenGL and DirectX also use 0-1 ranged floats to represent colors. I wouldn't be surprised if the graphics hardware also dealt with color as floating point values until its time to output them to the display.

Just an FYI, but the MM patch you use to increase the huge remotetech dish's range needs to be :AFTER[RemoteTech], not RemoteTech2. I guess somewhere along the line they changed the dll and/or folder names or something.

Hey guys. Going to be streaming a Tekto and Slate landing tonight on Twitch at 7pm UTC at http://www.twitch.tv/akinesis_gaming

Tekto will be interesting because of the atmosphere problem at the moment, so I'll be able to land but not take off again until it's fixed :sticktongue:

I won't plug this again, but the next few streams will be exploring the rest of OPM. Hope to see some of you there to explore this amazing mod!

Edit: CaptRobau - the OP looks much better! Good job!

Edit Edit: You might want to change Ovoc. Kerbals died when the true surface features were discovered... :wink:

Edited by Akinesis

Hey guys. Going to be streaming a Tekto and Slate landing tonight on Twitch at 7pm UTC at http://www.twitch.tv/akinesis_gaming

Tekto will be interesting because of the atmosphere problem at the moment, so I'll be able to land but not take off again until it's fixed :sticktongue:

I won't plug this again, but the next few streams will be exploring the rest of OPM. Hope to see some of you there to explore this amazing mod!

Edit: CaptRobau - the OP looks much better! Good job!

Edit Edit: You might want to change Ovoc. Kerbals died when the true surface features were discovered... :wink:

I'll be there for sure!

I just noticed the new OP, very nice!

Not yet.

EDIT: I revamped the forum OP. What do you think?

I like it!

So looking to try this out, but how much ram should I expect it to take?

I'm using ATM agressive and I start off at 2.8gb but because of stock memory leaks I end up arriving at 3.6 and crashing quite easily if I don't pay attention and revert alot.

The planets' pictures by the descriptions look really professional! I don't think you really need a table of contents, but it sure is fancy.

Maybe now yeah, but once moons for Neidon have been added, the first post will get quite large. Certainly is fancy though :P

By the way, for CaptRobau, the only thing I would recommend that I would certainly find useful is the equatorial radius for each object just to get a sense of scale since the images scale to be the same size :)

Edited by hazard-ish

I like it!

So looking to try this out, but how much ram should I expect it to take?

I'm using ATM agressive and I start off at 2.8gb but because of stock memory leaks I end up arriving at 3.6 and crashing quite easily if I don't pay attention and revert alot.

No idea about ATM, but on the half-res textures OPM adds about 215 MB to KSP's memory use.

Maybe now yeah, but once moons for Neidon have been added, the first post will get quite large. Certainly is fancy though :P

By the way, for CaptRobau, the only thing I would recommend that I would certainly find useful is the equatorial radius for each object just to get a sense of scale since the images scale to be the same size :)

Good idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.